MINARDI 1 20.00%
OTHER 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Jul 2001, 10:28 (Ref:113294)   #1
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Webber Drive In F1 In 02

Webber just resigned with BENETTON so will he run in F1 and with who?
I really hope he does
Old 5 Jul 2001, 10:46 (Ref:113300)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well d'uh there goes me clicking Benetton only to go and read the post afterwards... He's quit? Hmmm. Minardi do have a seat going, but I think if Bernoldi gets the boot from Arrows he is more likely to fill it given he has a whole lotta Red Bull backing.
Old 5 Jul 2001, 16:29 (Ref:113425)   #3
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it resigned as in quit, or re-signed as in signed up again?
Old 5 Jul 2001, 17:09 (Ref:113447)   #4
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His contract has been picked up. So who will go? Both current drivers have been given a vote of confidence from the director of Renault sport.

Perhaps he will be loaned to Minardi. I can't imagine they would prefer Yoong, despite his sponsorship money. Let him (Yoong) do some occasional testing, maybe let him run the 2 seater!
Old 7 Jul 2001, 07:23 (Ref:113995)   #5
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber had a one year contract with the option of a following year. Renault have picked up that second year.

From everything I've read, it seems as though Mark will be testing full time for Renault Sport. The only way this may change is if he is loaned to another team (possibly Minardi - given his relationship with Paul Stoddart). It seems as though Jensen is going to get his second year in the team (I don't know how).

MF - I don't think Webber has any Red Bull backing. And I also cannot see Mark driving for Arrows next year, after the way they treated him last year. Mark left the Arrows establishment very disappointed in the way they ran business. It seemed they wanted a talented driver to test and a wealthy driver to race. Shame really.

All I know is that I desperately want Mark Webber to get a drive in F1. I also think he should have Jenson Button's seat at Renault next year. He has just completed a four day test at Barcelona, where he was quicker than Jenson everytime they ran together. And on the final day in the rain, Mark was two seconds quicker than Gene in the Williams.

Also, what are the odds that Trulli returns to Renault. EJ wants Fisi in return. Renault refuse this, but offer Jenson. Eddie refuses this, claiming that he does not want to exchange his best driver for Renault's third fastest driver. And subsequently asks for Webber instead?

I wish.