Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Feb 2016, 23:18 (Ref:3618520)   #1
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
FIA WEC Spa 6 Hours - Who's Going?

Sparked by Vince's discussion on the LM24 subforum it strikes me that there are probably a few of us heading to the Ardennes in May.

Going to be a slightly shorter trip for us this year, likely heading down on Friday morning and back either directly after the race or very very early on the Sunday morning but that doesn't alter the prospect for either a meet up on the Friday evening - while the Racing Hotel does a perfectly acceptable meal and is a bit atmospheric might people be tempted by a trip into downtown Spa for something a little more elaborate? Equally on Saturday we had an impromptu meetup in 2014 that Bart Hayden was good enough to come along to - surely we can be organised enough to do something a little similar this year - even if a celebrity attendance can't be guaranteed.

So - Vince, Eric, I know you're coming along. others I can guess at, but any other folk on here going to be in Belgium?
Old 29 Feb 2016, 11:37 (Ref:3618628)   #2
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
one of the highlights of the year, will be there again.
Old 1 Mar 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3619056)   #3
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be making my way to the race with a mate as well. Booked the tickets today \m/

It will be my first time at Spa and my mate's first time at a race...

I do have a couple of questions for you guys that are more seasoned at going to Spa.

First one is quite silly, sorry, but I've booked the tickets through the Ticketmaster website and I've booked both of them. However my name is featured on both tickets, would that be an issue for my friend who is attending? (like I said, quite silly)

Second question, we will be attending by car, how easy is to access the track? Are the roads that lead to it narrow(I imagine them to be due to being an old track), do traffic jams tend to happen frequently?

Thank you in advance, and can't wait for it, can barely contain my excitement
Old 1 Mar 2016, 18:45 (Ref:3619062)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The tickets will not be a problem, parking can be but depends on when you arrive, you can park at the circuit in many different parking places or park in francochamps at one of the temporary car parks that pop up and then walk down
Old 2 Mar 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3619208)   #5
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers for the info. Will make our way to Belgium on Friday, and we should get there before the qualy. Planning on doing a drive around the area so I get accustomed to it.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3635722)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ok after a great time at silverstone decided to cahnge my plans and will now be there at Spa, half hearted effort inreality as we are getting an earlt tunnel on saturday and heading back after the race, Unfortunately Ian who started this thread has had to cancel his plans so will be using his tickets, hope to see a few of the usual suspects there, we should arrive soon after 12.00 so if there is a meet on saturday i will make it
Old 22 Apr 2016, 21:51 (Ref:3635785)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
As Simon mentioned Spa this year isn't happening for me. First year in ages I won't be there for the 6 hours - but have hopes of making it for the 4 Hours later in the year.

Enjoy it guys - easily the best track and generally the best trip of the year.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 22:24 (Ref:3635789)   #8
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I wish I lived in Europe Great tracks only a train ride away.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 22:40 (Ref:3635791)   #9
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I wish I lived in Europe Great tracks only a train ride away.

Yeah me too. Bunch of lucky sods!

I won't be in Spa although I am spinning ideas about the Spa 24 so maybe will be at Spa just not that weekend.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 05:03 (Ref:3636183)   #10
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm off, 4 of us in a chalet at stavelot. We had a group of 6 last year was such a good time!
Looking forward to it now it's getting closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 Apr 2016, 08:28 (Ref:3636203)   #11
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, it's only really UK - Middle Europe were everything is relatively close... entirely different case here in Scandi, and East Europe on course

Can't deny that the flights aren't cheap though, I mean flying to UK is often cheaper than domestic flights here, but still..
Old 25 Apr 2016, 12:17 (Ref:3636235)   #12
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I mean flying to UK is often cheaper than domestic flights here, but still..

If you want to fly on Tuesday or Thursday... I've never got a round trip to UK for less than 200 but I've got domestic flights for 99 euros.

But usually flights to major European cities aren't expensive, it's about how one prioritizes things.

Last edited by BudLightJaguar; 25 Apr 2016 at 12:33.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 08:48 (Ref:3636644)   #13
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, it's only really UK - Middle Europe were everything is relatively close... entirely different case here in Scandi, and East Europe on course

Can't deny that the flights aren't cheap though, I mean flying to UK is often cheaper than domestic flights here, but still..
still what?

It's near and cheap enough, there is no excuse. Being outside of Europe, now that's a real problem...
Old 27 Apr 2016, 11:36 (Ref:3636674)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
still what?

It's near and cheap enough, there is no excuse. Being outside of Europe, now that's a real problem...
I don't think you can quite compare like 300km road trips with your own car to booking flighs, accommodations and possibly other rentals.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 20:13 (Ref:3636741)   #15
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I won't be in Spa although I am spinning ideas about the Spa 24 so maybe will be at Spa just not that weekend.
You should be.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 06:41 (Ref:3636822)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I don't think you can quite compare like 300km road trips with your own car to booking flighs, accommodations and possibly other rentals.
No you can sleep on a plane and arrive rested and ready for the race, we will have been up for over 24 hours before we get home and driving a right hand drive car in europe is quite stressful. But i would rather be there than watching it on the telly, motor racing is all about seeing the cars and soaking up the atmosphere.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 08:25 (Ref:3636841)   #17
froglet
Rookie

England
Snodland, Kent
froglet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...back on thread. Yes I'll be there. First ever visit to Spa so any tips or meets would be great. Didn't bump into you at Silverstone like last year Simon so hopefully get together lunchtime perhaps. Adrian.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 28 Apr 2016, 10:35 (Ref:3636866)   #18
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
So excited about this, first time at Spa for me. Will be a quick one, getting there on Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday early morning to catch the 9am train from Brussels.
I am also coming with a mate that has no interest in car racing and never attended a race before...this should be interesting.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 12:24 (Ref:3636885)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglet View Post
...back on thread. Yes I'll be there. First ever visit to Spa so any tips or meets would be great. Didn't bump into you at Silverstone like last year Simon so hopefully get together lunchtime perhaps. Adrian.

Well it will be good to see you there Adrian, will have two of your old mates in tow, martin crabtree and martyn andersen(gerry) we should get there soon after 12.00. There may be a meet at lunchtime of people on here so keep an eye out for that as i will be there if we arrive on time.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 12:49 (Ref:3636890)   #20
froglet
Rookie

England
Snodland, Kent
That sounds great. A flying visit for me too but hoping to meet some old and new faces. Will keep an eye on forum for meets.

Old 28 Apr 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3636892)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Will you be doing le mans and the classic this year, will be there as usual
Old 28 Apr 2016, 13:47 (Ref:3636896)   #22
froglet
Rookie

England
Snodland, Kent
Should be doing the 24 but haven't organised anything for the Classic. But as it falls on my work rota as a weekend off I may well end up there!

Old 28 Apr 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3636900)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well you know where i will be Tr for the main event and blue nord for the classic
Old 3 May 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3638212)   #24
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there with Vince and Eric.
Arriving on Thursday morning in time for practice.
Just one word of warning for anyone arriving that early - this Thursday is a holiday in France and in Belgium. The big supermarkets and quite a few other shops will be closed all day.
Looking forward to a lot of fun with any of you we meet up with.
Old 4 May 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3638442)   #25
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
where are we going to have our pre Le Mans meet this year?