Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Jul 2020, 10:27 (Ref:3989423)   #376
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Watching now
Old 19 Jul 2020, 10:35 (Ref:3989426)   #377
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
clicked on the fassbender crash video and then when i return "safety car". what did i miss
Old 19 Jul 2020, 10:38 (Ref:3989427)   #378
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Something broke on Canal's car and put him in the barriers
Old 19 Jul 2020, 10:39 (Ref:3989428)   #379
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
https://motorsport.tv/motorsporttv/v...tm_series=elms

link in case anyone does not have it
Old 19 Jul 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3989430)   #380
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Anyone watching?
yes
Old 19 Jul 2020, 11:18 (Ref:3989436)   #381
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
impressive stint by Picariello. Got the fastest lap in GT so far...
Old 19 Jul 2020, 11:26 (Ref:3989439)   #382
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
coverage seems to be concentrating on the aston ferrari battle rather than the lmp classes
Old 19 Jul 2020, 11:29 (Ref:3989440)   #383
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Finally he gets past
Old 19 Jul 2020, 12:16 (Ref:3989458)   #384
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
So far I am bit disappointed with Job van Uitert's pace vs. Hanson.
Instead of getting his car back to the lead, he's just losing time gradually
Old 19 Jul 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3989474)   #385
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well great to see racing return, bit of confusion at the end with cars not crossing the line but hey just glad it is back
Old 19 Jul 2020, 13:12 (Ref:3989478)   #386
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Aston not classified?
Old 19 Jul 2020, 20:50 (Ref:3989597)   #387
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a bit behind the times so forgive me for asking what has happened to the Ginetta and Adess chassis that I thought were going to be competing in the brave new world of 2020 LMP3 racing. Neither have appeared in either Le Mans Cup or ELMS. Are they likely to ? Were they hopelessly uncompetitive ? Are manufacturers not allowed to enter a team in their own right as it's realistically the only way a new manufacturer can get a foothold in any series ?
Old 20 Jul 2020, 07:20 (Ref:3989666)   #388
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
I am a bit behind the times so forgive me for asking what has happened to the Ginetta and Adess chassis that I thought were going to be competing in the brave new world of 2020 LMP3 racing. Neither have appeared in either Le Mans Cup or ELMS. Are they likely to ? Were they hopelessly uncompetitive ? Are manufacturers not allowed to enter a team in their own right as it's realistically the only way a new manufacturer can get a foothold in any series ?
Ginetta not delivering the goods? Dear god, say it isn't so.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 07:36 (Ref:3989667)   #389
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't watched the race as I'm not interested in mono-cups for motorized wallets (just read about yet another post-race penality). I've looked through "ancient" threads here instead. 11 pages for "Paul Ricard HTTT LMS Test" back in 2010. And only 1-2 (not specific) for the 2020 season opener. Stats speaks itself quite loudly I suppose. No cars to talk about - no interest. Those big bosses have sold out to some particular businessmen who just make money on building 100500 (who still believe in "make racing cheaper" nonsense???) clone-mobiles.I have no reason to support their business in any way. The quicker their greed destroys so called "racing", the quicker normality will be restored.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 07:54 (Ref:3989670)   #390
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
I haven't watched the race as I'm not interested in mono-cups for motorized wallets (just read about yet another post-race penality). I've looked through "ancient" threads here instead. 11 pages for "Paul Ricard HTTT LMS Test" back in 2010. And only 1-2 (not specific) for the 2020 season opener. Stats speaks itself quite loudly I suppose. No cars to talk about - no interest. Those big bosses have sold out to some particular businessmen who just make money on building 100500 (who still believe in "make racing cheaper" nonsense???) clone-mobiles.I have no reason to support their business in any way. The quicker their greed destroys so called "racing", the quicker normality will be restored.
To be fair, most forums around the world are declining as other platforms take over. Twitter, Discord, etc. These are more popular than forums now. We're the old school crowd still holding out on old platforms.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 08:33 (Ref:3989681)   #391
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i am old school and proud of it, watched the elms race on line and it showed me how much i am missing my type of racing, looking forward to September when hopefully i will sit on the banking overlooking the race track and watch real cars racing around, if that is "old school" then so be it, Facebook, twitter etc can never replace the real thing
Old 20 Jul 2020, 14:44 (Ref:3989772)   #392
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
To be fair, most forums around the world are declining as other platforms take over. Twitter, Discord, etc. These are more popular than forums now. We're the old school crowd still holding out on old platforms.

Fair point. Unfortunately, most of the "discussions" in social media are limited to "likes" under random photos. I've surfed through Facebook pages and didn't find any sufficient info I used to get here 5-10 years ago.

By the way forum is a great platform if you want to "regularize" info input. It's a way easier to search something. And it's not only because of threads but quality also.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 08:18 (Ref:3989892)   #393
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Fair point. Unfortunately, most of the "discussions" in social media are limited to "likes" under random photos. I've surfed through Facebook pages and didn't find any sufficient info I used to get here 5-10 years ago.

By the way forum is a great platform if you want to "regularize" info input. It's a way easier to search something. And it's not only because of threads but quality also.
I agree with you, but unfortunately that makes us the dinos.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3989963)   #394
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whether forums are dying or not (they have been for the last 15 years) it doesn't change the fact that other than what directly happens on track during the race itself, there is absolutely nothing to talk about. There's a new season starting up but it's the same exact status quo it's been for years now, this ain't Paul Ricard LMS tests of yesteryear ago where everyone was introducing new cars, components, engines, tyres and aero packages all the time.

Now all of the LMP2s are exactly the same they've been for 4 seasons already, except now there's even less variety than 4 seasons ago with everyone choosing Oreca. It's hard to differiate one season from another when nothing changes. You can't analyze any data for Le Mans because it's the same it was before. But wait, isn't there a change coming up next year you say? Well yes there is! Oh, finally, what is it? It's... spec tires... oh...

In LMP3 you theoretically have new cars for the first time in 5 years now, but in reality it's just the old spec cars mildy reskinned and modded. In fact, the new updated spec Oreca-Nissan engine not making the intended mileage was technologically speaking the most interesting aspect of the event. I guess if ADESS and Ginetta ever do show up it will get more interesting, but even if they do there's not going to be any development window provided, so the show shall remain fairly identical for all the years to come.

Finally you have GTE-AMs where for some reason you have both success ballast and balance of performance to serve grand total of two old regular models running spec tires. Oh and there was guest starring Aston Martin which normally wasn't there which I guess was something, but is that the bar now?

Hollywoodian and racing docu maker Michael Fassbender coming in and crashing is probably the most memorable thing to come out of this event whereas 10 years ago at those Paul Ricard LMS tests you started building up this huge list of expected things in lead up to Le Mans and rest of the season. What do we expect now? Well, that Oreca 07 is pretty good I reckon... Norma and Onroak are fairly equal... I suppose bop changes will be issued between Porsche and Ferrari and that shall dictate the excitmentent... and... well, you never know with those post race penalties...

Last edited by Deleted; 21 Jul 2020 at 13:21.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3989983)   #395
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

Hollywoodian and racing docu maker Michael Fassbender coming in and crashing is probably the most memorable thing to come out of this event...
Actually not for me. I watched almost all of the race and thoroughly enjoyed it. That made it more memorable to me than Fassbender's unfortunate prang. But then again, I don't spend all of my free time agonising over the cars, the regs and the spec nature of the racing. If that makes my approach to racing simplistic, I can deal with that....
Old 21 Jul 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3989992)   #396
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not disputing that one may still enjoy watching it, my point was more to that there's not much to talk about. In the past there were didcussions to be had

Anyway speaking of Fassbender, I did like the Porsche Cup docu videos he made last year so I hope it continues for 2020
Old 21 Jul 2020, 19:14 (Ref:3990052)   #397
Deleted
Veteran

Updated entry graph

Stay tuned for later, I'm planning LMP2 unique chassis & engine diversity graph for 2011-2020

Old 22 Jul 2020, 00:04 (Ref:3990087)   #398
Deleted
Veteran

In the meantime here's also 2017-2020 P2 "progression"

Old 22 Jul 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3990224)   #399
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Dat Riley tho
Old 22 Jul 2020, 21:03 (Ref:3990271)   #400
Deleted
Veteran

Couldn't resist you know

Here's the chassis&engine variety chart. I didn't include EVO packages such as Oreca 03 and Oreca 03R from another, but if I had the numbers would have been even higher

Look at something like Estoril 2011 where you have just 8 LMP2 cars yet 7 of them are different from each other, and then look at Paul Ricard 2020 where you have almost double the amount of LMP2 cars to that yet every single entry is identical to each other (tires excluded) with the exception of one Onroak

Last edited by Deleted; 22 Jul 2020 at 21:08.