Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:32 (Ref:3909857)   #201
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Tracy though is in doubt for the race
I know I am in the minority here, but that would be a shame, always been a nice guy in the paddock & a proper throwback to the Bscher model of gentleman driver
I know he has his haters, but the guy obviously has a passion for motorsports and puts up a lot of money to pursue that passion. + regardless of his mishaps he is one of the most experienced drivers on the track - year after year after year...
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3909859)   #202
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm in tears listening to this Kolles interview on RLM - it's like trying to have a conversation with a brick

Yes
We will build a car
That is the plan
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3909860)   #203
Martin90
Racer

Netherlands
Martin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMartin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Live timing back up for me
https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/s/lm24

edit: and down again. Seems like they are trying to get it up
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3909861)   #204
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What is the current red flag for? I just got my stream going and saw it was red.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:49 (Ref:3909863)   #205
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#3 Rebellion engine went pop and sprayed oil everywhere
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:49 (Ref:3909864)   #206
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
What is the current red flag for? I just got my stream going and saw it was red.
Rebellion #3 spilled fluid on the track at Mulsanne - not sure what shape the car is in, he's stopped on track I think.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:50 (Ref:3909865)   #207
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Rebellion (maybe engine/trans?) stopped after Mulsanne I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin90 View Post
Live timing back up for me
https://timing.71wytham.org.uk/s/lm24

edit: and down again. Seems like they are trying to get it up
I can't access this at work, but overall race day experience will suffer for me. There's comparatively little interesting data on the wec timing.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:50 (Ref:3909866)   #208
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Cars lining up at pit exit, track should open up soon.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3909867)   #209
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Krohn doesn't want to drive and they can't find any replacements so it looks like the 99 won't start.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:52 (Ref:3909868)   #210
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Crazy the BMW's are two seconds slower than pole time so far
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3909870)   #211
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
So Krohn doesn't want to drive and they can't find any replacements so it looks like the 99 won't start.
That is unfortunate - after a huge effort to build up the spare car...
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3909871)   #212
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry if I may have missed it, but why has the #1 Rebellion been disallowed all times from Wednesday? I got a hint on RLM it was a homologation issue not related to the car?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3909872)   #213
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
Sorry if I may have missed it, but why has the #1 Rebellion been disallowed all times from Wednesday? I got a hint on RLM it was a homologation issue not related to the car?
I think they had another fuel flow meter in the car than they declared
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3909873)   #214
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
He was not cleared to race by the FIA doctor.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3909874)   #215
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Crazy the BMW's are two seconds slower than pole time so far
With them bailing on the WEC the ACO aren't going to give them any shot. This is the big **** sandwich from the ACO when they head out the door.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3909875)   #216
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
He was not cleared to race by the FIA doctor.
Oh, that's not what Louise Beckett said. Fair enough.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:08 (Ref:3909877)   #217
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffM3 View Post
With them bailing on the WEC the ACO aren't going to give them any shot. This is the big **** sandwich from the ACO when they head out the door.
Crazy to see the Corvettes so far down too.

BMW's though have a great driver lineup; would not at all be surprised if they're near/at the top by the end of the race
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3909878)   #218
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
What are the specs of the engines SMP and Rebellion are using?

What specific benefits have they got that have helped them speed up their times for this year?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3909879)   #219
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I thought there were always extra drivers hanging around Le Mans just in case something like this happens.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3909880)   #220
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Quote:

What specific benefits have they got that have helped them speed up their times for this year?
Engines: Rebellion:Gibson 4.5 Liter naturally aspirated 90 degree V8 - an updated version of the LMP2 Gibson engine specifically for LMP1 use.
SMP: AER P60B V6 Biturbo

Benefits to help them speed up: A year longer with their cars.

Last edited by Livininthinair; 13 Jun 2019 at 18:22.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3909881)   #221
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I thought there were always extra drivers hanging around Le Mans just in case something like this happens.
How do the rules work for that though? He can't drive and hasn't been cleared by the FIA to return to the track so there's the big fat check part to deal with too. Although I'm guessing he still has to pay so not sure why they would have to withdrawal unless they can't sign a replacement this late until the rules.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3909882)   #222
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
Engines: Gibson 4.5 Liter naturally aspirated 90 degree V8 - an updated version of the LMP2 Gibson engine specifically for LMP1 use.

Benefits to help them speed up: A year longer with their cars.
Well Rebellion has an upgraded version of that 4.5L Gibson about 20 more hp or so over the other Gibson LMP1s in Dragonspeed and ByKolles.

SMP is using an AER engine and have said they trimmed the car WAY out for top end and it's shown in the top end speeds they have over everyone else
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3909883)   #223
kvenom
Veteran

What's wrong with Bykolles this time?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:28 (Ref:3909885)   #224
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
Quote:
There will be a few, but they must be pre qualified - 10 laps at test day, or driven the 24 in past 3 years.
Then must either be ready to jump in and do 3 laps tonight, or convince ACO that they have enough experience and/or be prevented from driving at night.

RLM makes the point that Dempsey himself is on that list and is there
Old 13 Jun 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3909886)   #225
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Rebellion #3 blown up....
I wonder if the LMP2 teams are seeing this and liking their chance at an overall podium?