Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Dec 2011, 22:38 (Ref:3000488)   #101
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
I really don't get the luuurrrrve for Ricard. Cars just look so lost out in that multicolour-line wilderness.
that's the only bit of the actual track i like, cause it looks amazing in photos! it's also delightfully local, there's references to the provencal/cote d'azur aesthetics and building details everywhere still. the layout might be pants but it's kinda cool. i love the retro styling in the main pit building exterior too.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 00:52 (Ref:3000558)   #102
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I really don't get the luuurrrrve for Ricard. Cars just look so lost out in that multicolour-line wilderness.
That is my problem with Paul Ricard, it has the appearance of a test track..
Old 16 Dec 2011, 01:03 (Ref:3000561)   #103
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I know the ACO don't want it but F1 cars at Le Mans would be interesting and I mean the long circuit. It would make a change from Tilke dromes.
How would the times compare to the diesel burners that have been winning there for the last few years.
I would assume the circuit should not need any changes for F1, as I doubt they would be quicker in a straight line although their cornering speeds should be higher than prototypes.
I don't see the ACO giving Bernie $25 to race on their track.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 01:43 (Ref:3000573)   #104
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't see the ACO giving Bernie $25 to race on their track.
I meant $25m not $25, that would be cheap, lol.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 04:56 (Ref:3000620)   #105
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah I dont get it either. Its a flat, lifeless, artificial track. It would be a terribly terrible race.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 08:55 (Ref:3000648)   #106
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
It's mainly the Mistral in to Signes i'd like to see....

Selby
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:28 (Ref:3000724)   #107
Brioche
Rookie

France
Saint Malo
Brioche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Magny-Cours is situated in the back of beyond with the emphasis on beyond. Moo!
Although i don't have anything against the design of the track, i think they picked one of the worst locations to organize a Grand Prix in France. Nevers isn't a big city, and clearly doesn't have the infrastructure to receive a public that duplicates its population during a race weekend. The nearest big centre is probably Dijon, but in fact it's too far, something like 150km away from the circuit.

The logistics would be away more simple in Paul Ricard or Le Mans. The first is located near Toulon and the other cities around the circuit could also help to absorb some of the public. Le Mans, even though i reconize it won't even be consider as alternative, is itself an important centre in France and also has the TGV option.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:39 (Ref:3000737)   #108
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
paul ricard is a pain in the backside to get to though, once you come off the a8 or the autoroute that goes to toulon it's small, single carriageway roads. i went there for 2 days this year and managed a different way there and back every single time because i got lost/bored of the original route! public transport isn't really an option either - they could run buses from toulon but i'd imagine it'd be a similar affair to the nurburgring - long journey, windy roads. at least magny cours has a dual carriageway to it now.

magny cours is a big event for camping, you're right next to the circuit so it's convenient too. nevers probably doesn't see much in terms of spectator accomodation for that reason.

for the vips, both nevers and paul ricard itself have runways and helicopter access so they're both the same in that respect. what it boils down to is that paul ricard has far nicer vip accomodation in the pit building, i suspect - magny cours would definitely need a rebuild before they would go back there.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 14:55 (Ref:3000830)   #109
Brioche
Rookie

France
Saint Malo
Well, like you said there are a few routes options between Toulon and Paul Ricard. You could even increase these numbers if you consider that people might take a route to, for example Aubagne, and make a few deviations along the way. The routes to the circuit might be narrow, but they're in a good number and are oriented in several directions , so i believe that with a well planned public transportation for the event, these variety would be very helpfull to accommodate the public as near as possible in their respective sectors. I really don't mind waiting on a bus for 45 or 50min if i know the thing is being well organized.

Regarding camping issues, tbh aside from those who really enjoy it, most people only do it in Magny-Cours because they really don't have other option. For F1 requirements, in comparison with Toulon region, where you have an airport nearby, several small cities close to each other and used to have tourists, in Nevers you only have a few and crowded hotels.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 16:47 (Ref:3000875)   #110
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I meant $25m not $25, that would be cheap, lol.
I think the first version is better, probably still true and makes the point a little more firmly.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 12:05 (Ref:3002642)   #111
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Paul Ricard looks to be the venue of choice if a French GP does go ahead. We should know of any decision by February.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...e-by-february/
Old 23 Dec 2011, 19:55 (Ref:3003683)   #112
Brioche
Rookie

France
Saint Malo
The bad thing about it is that the French GP would probably have to alternate with the Belgian GP.

It'd be better if Paul-Ricard could alternate with Korea, Abu Dhabi, Valencia, China and India. This way we'd only have to watch 1 race each 5 years at these stupid tracks.
Old 23 Dec 2011, 22:33 (Ref:3003722)   #113
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brioche View Post
The bad thing about it is that the French GP would probably have to alternate with the Belgian GP.

It'd be better if Paul-Ricard could alternate with Korea, Abu Dhabi, Valencia, China and India. This way we'd only have to watch 1 race each 5 years at these stupid tracks.
How about if France alternates with Bahrain? With Paul Ricard hosting the round every year?
Old 23 Dec 2011, 22:35 (Ref:3003723)   #114
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to Magny Cours in 07 and would have loved to have gone again. We stayed in Bourges which was a bit of a drive from the track but made a good base.

Boat trip and three hour drive from home. What's not to like!