Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2020, 15:17 (Ref:3998726)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, Spa 2002 came to mind.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 16:10 (Ref:3998745)   #27
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Even if you're the sort of person who doesn't like Hamilton, regardless of the reasons, I think we can agree we're all watching something very special at the moment
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Still... He's got to get round La Source before everyone else tomorrow!
Even that is no recipe for succes.

If the 2nd car can keep close enough through Eau Rouge / The Raidillon he might get a good tow and cruise past on the Kemmel straight.
Has happened in the past.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3998755)   #28
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton has that incredible gift of not making mistakes and being able to go faster & faster & faster. Genuinely dont think theres anyone in motorsport today that could consistently match him over a season in the same car.

Anyway, F2 race was very good today i thought. People seem convinced rain is coming for tomorrow, we all know that that means a very dry race.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 18:42 (Ref:3998780)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Please can we not have another mercedes parade, a race for third place is not reall'y what we want to see
Old 29 Aug 2020, 18:58 (Ref:3998782)   #30
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Please can we not have another mercedes parade, a race for third place is not reall'y what we want to see

Its a race to be won by the best combination of car and driver - why should it be artificially rigged to provide some people's view of a spectacle?

Personnally I literally got goosebumps watching that pole lap
Old 29 Aug 2020, 19:34 (Ref:3998790)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i did not ask for it to be artificially done but i want to enjoy racing and i want racing to survive, domination in sport by one team eventually leads to a drop in interest and problems, is it so bad to want f1 to survive?
Old 29 Aug 2020, 22:10 (Ref:3998801)   #32
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I saw an extract from the Williams post qualifying press release where they had Claire quoted as saying they were hoping to be fighting the Ferraris tomorrow.A year ago we would have laughed at the idea,now it isn't entirely implausible.Maybe the causes are too easy to speculate about.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 02:52 (Ref:3998808)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hehe. laughed...we would have thought Williams delusional.

2020 is the craziest timeline!
Old 30 Aug 2020, 08:59 (Ref:3998825)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Mega lap by Lewis, let's see what the weather does for the race. Great to see Renault up there, but yet another shocker for Ferrari, if it is a shock to see them so far down anymore
Old 30 Aug 2020, 09:32 (Ref:3998829)   #35
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks. Glad people enjoyed it. It's the early days that interest me most in terms of individual race history, but I wanted to provide a bit of an overview of the later years (although I didn't go too much into the dangers of Spa; so many drivers have perished there, including, of course, poor Hubert, although that wasn't really too much to do with Spa as a track).

Hamilton's pole lap was a sight to behold. So much confidence to get on the power and use the track widths and more.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3998842)   #36
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly it seems that the chance of rain is very low, looks cloudy but fairly bright. How does F1 manage to avoid rain?
Old 30 Aug 2020, 12:03 (Ref:3998865)   #37
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Sadly it seems that the chance of rain is very low, looks cloudy but fairly bright. How does F1 manage to avoid rain?
Well on average there’s 100 days of rain per year, including the wintertime where the average would be higher....so statistically you’re only talking of a 30% chance of rain at best anyway....
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:16 (Ref:3998877)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Clean start, with Danny Ric nearly getting up to third.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:27 (Ref:3998879)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Amazing first couple of laps by Leclerc followed by a few awful laps by Ferrari
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3998881)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Leclerc is going backwards and is now down to 12th place, with Vettel right behind him.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:33 (Ref:3998882)   #41
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like pacewise they are where they should be.

Oh a crash. Surprised there's no red flag for blockage like that.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3998883)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
FCY. Looks like Giovanazzi lost it and collected Russell.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3998884)   #43
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did russell get hit by a tire?
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3998885)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Did russell get hit by a tire?
One of Giovanazzi's rear wheels came off and slammed into Russell's front right, tearing it off. Very scary.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3998889)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari are on plan C or D. They can’t decide! It’s going well...

This is like the old days. All we need is an engine fire!
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3998890)   #46
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
In sure there will be discussions about this, but that Alfa created a lot of debris... perhaps a lot more then the barriers or speed should have?

Unusual place for an accident i guess.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3998891)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A clean restart but Verstappen can't quite get passed Bottas.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:48 (Ref:3998892)   #48
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
That pass by kimi would suggest Ferrari's issues go well beyond engine woes.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:48 (Ref:3998893)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
In sure there will be discussions about this, but that Alfa created a lot of debris... perhaps a lot more then the barriers or speed should have?

What is of concern is the tethers failing and the wheel subsequently bouncing along the track.
Old 30 Aug 2020, 13:48 (Ref:3998894)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:

Always going to be bad when you hit two barriers. One breaks stuff the next shatters it more. Two cars involved too.