Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Dec 2020, 08:04 (Ref:4019817)   #1
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Haas confirms Mazepin

On a multi year deal, just Mick Schumacher's announcement to come then..
Old 1 Dec 2020, 08:40 (Ref:4019827)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grim.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 10:56 (Ref:4019863)   #3
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Grim.
Recognizing the most prized skill in F1, "bringing money with."

Driving skill counts for nought once again.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 12:05 (Ref:4019886)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Indeed.

Peter Winky is a big fan of his though?

That must mean he is a superstar in the making....
Old 1 Dec 2020, 12:14 (Ref:4019891)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This isn't exactly exciting news. The car is frankly rubbish and they're going to employ two rookies? Money really does talk....
Old 1 Dec 2020, 12:42 (Ref:4019901)   #6
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Recognizing the most prized skill in F1, "bringing money with."
Driving skill counts for nought once again.
He brings money, but who of the F2 championship contenders doesn't?

All Ferrari, Red Bull, Honda, Mercedes and Renault juniors are supported by the 'parent' company.
Schwarzman has SMP support alongside his Ferrari backing.

I can't see anyone with no level of support there.
Without it they probably wouldn't even be where they are now.

--

Granted, I would not have chosen Mazepin but I don't think anyone without a budget would have been an option either.
Even Perez brings alon nice sponsorship packages and it's been a while since he has been referred to as a 'pay driver'
Old 1 Dec 2020, 13:40 (Ref:4019909)   #7
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have seen so many comments generally saying that Ilott would be much better and that he has a much better record but this is not really true. Ilott had 3 years of F3 before getting beaten by Mazepin in GP3.

This year they are 2nd and 3rd with equal podiums and not a massive difference in points. Mazepin is also in a team new to F2 I believe and Illott is in the team that came second last year.

BUT Ilott is fantastic and overlooked whereas Mazepin is a useless pay driver that is only there because of the money...... Both drivers have been quick this year and would both deserve to be in F1.

I think that EVERY driver in F1 deserves to be there (probably more than many other years in the past) but the fact is that there are other drivers that also deserve it but don't make it.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 15:05 (Ref:4019924)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find it hard to pick anyone out of F2 this year. The people that initially impressed me, like Shwartzmann, have faded dismally. Most have just been wildly inconsistent and Ilott's desire to get the minimum points possible from good starting positions would be hilarious if it wasn't so stressful to watch.

Mick has cottoned on that finishing races in the points is quite handy and Tsunoda looks racy. Shwartzmann needs another year clearly. Aside from that I am not too excited really.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 15:22 (Ref:4019932)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
mazepin is possibly the only guy who managed to spend more time testing than norris in the run up to f1 so it’s no real surprise.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 15:41 (Ref:4019943)   #10
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davec View Post
We have seen so many comments generally saying that Ilott would be much better and that he has a much better record but this is not really true. Ilott had 3 years of F3 before getting beaten by Mazepin in GP3.

This year they are 2nd and 3rd with equal podiums and not a massive difference in points. Mazepin is also in a team new to F2 I believe and Illott is in the team that came second last year.

BUT Ilott is fantastic and overlooked whereas Mazepin is a useless pay driver that is only there because of the money...... Both drivers have been quick this year and would both deserve to be in F1.

I think that EVERY driver in F1 deserves to be there (probably more than many other years in the past) but the fact is that there are other drivers that also deserve it but don't make it.
Don't talk too much sense mate - stick to the 'he's a useless pay driver' party line
Old 1 Dec 2020, 17:29 (Ref:4019966)   #11
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
mazepin is possibly the only guy who managed to spend more time testing than norris in the run up to f1 so it’s no real surprise.
Mazepin, Norris, Stroll, Latifi. Unbelievable F1 mileage these guys got in before racing. And hardly anyone seemed to notice!
Old 1 Dec 2020, 21:38 (Ref:4020017)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Best of luck to Mazepin. Of course he was going to get stick for being a pay driver, but sometimes pay drivers are necessary to keep a team going in the long run, especially when you have uncertain times, like we are having atm. And I seem to remember people giving Latifi stick when he was confirmed at Williams for being a pay driver and having a less than stellar junior record, but while he hasn’t been spectacular, he hasn’t been lacklustre either. Pay drivers have always been in F1, even in the 50s and always will be and as long as they are competent enough and not a liability, I have no problem with them

Just one question, how long before Nikita aquires the nickname Marzipan lol
Old 1 Dec 2020, 21:51 (Ref:4020023)   #13
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Let's hope that doesn't happen. All those made up names are just stupid.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 22:07 (Ref:4020032)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I have no issue with the pay driver aspect tbf. Better drivers have gone that route.

It's just... I dunno, I have never taken a shine to the guy.

I wish him well nonetheless.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 22:17 (Ref:4020035)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The problem is when you only have ten teams there are gonna be quite a few talented drivers that miss out
Old 1 Dec 2020, 22:19 (Ref:4020037)   #16
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
It’s always been a nickname for him...
Old 1 Dec 2020, 22:27 (Ref:4020042)   #17
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It’s always been a nickname for him...
Really? I have never heard or read it before.

I find all those nicknames rather childish and a lack of respect.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 22:27 (Ref:4020043)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Maybe that is the root of it. I hate marzipan with a passion.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 22:49 (Ref:4020051)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lovely stuff. Mmmmmmm Mazepin........
Old 1 Dec 2020, 22:51 (Ref:4020052)   #20
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

If he shines he could really be the icing on the cake at Haas.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 08:16 (Ref:4020108)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

TGF Junior confirmed in the other Hass seat as expected.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 08:34 (Ref:4020110)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Maybe that is the root of it. I hate marzipan with a passion.
I used to be the same, then I discovered you can douse it in cognac.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 09:40 (Ref:4020121)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That actually sounds tempting.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 10:06 (Ref:4020126)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just to be clear. https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...-1-2021-season this link confirms the selection. Good luck to both.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 10:53 (Ref:4020134)   #25
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I used to be the same, then I discovered you can douse it in cognac.
OOh. next time I'm shopping I'll get myself a bottle, I feel compelled to try this!