Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 11 Apr 2004, 19:36 (Ref:936672)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Zefarelly!

Well, he's done it. (Think I got the spelling right).

At Donington today (11 April) Joe took his first chequered flag!

Bugger! That means his mechanic rates have just gone up!!!

Well done matey.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 11:03 (Ref:937193)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Pete . . . .bit slow to start with . . .but lost 4 seconds a lap over qualifying and another 3.5 seconds off in the race. Tedebear says she has a few grey hairs !

it was excellent fun and despite a few overheating worries the car went well enough . . . . .for now, and I didnt come last! a bit more fettling (again) and its off to Cadwell Park in 2 weeks . . . .
Old 12 Apr 2004, 11:22 (Ref:937218)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What was the overheating problem then?

BTW. Looking on MST the Thorogood GTA Challenge at Combe includes a Cortina Mk1 GT. Driven by Derek Booth.

Next time you're on the same bill you might have a look at it to compare notes.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 11:46 (Ref:937243)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
no idea . . . .I thibk (hope) the engine just needs a better tune up, we havent even had tim eto get it on the rolling road yet. I may also need a bigger/different radiator???

a MK1 in the GTA challenge ? I wonder why its not doing the top hat instead . . . . interesting
Old 12 Apr 2004, 11:49 (Ref:937248)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Because its built to CSCC regs not App K.

Also its one of the cars from the Ken Clarke list of invitees.

It could be that you're running a bit to far advanced. But if you can change the rad eithe get an alloy version or one with a bigger core.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 11:56 (Ref:937253)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
ahh . .you dont have to be App K for top hat, although it looks like its leaning that way.

could be . . .we'rte going to fettle this week and try and get it on the rolling road before Cadwell
Old 12 Apr 2004, 15:46 (Ref:937353)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Derek's GT has its original glass etc. No lightweight stuff at all as I understand it.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 07:35 (Ref:937914)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
neither has mine, apart from polycarb windows and a few ally castings . . .all the poanel work is original . . .no idea what the car weighs yet.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 08:16 (Ref:937950)   #9
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and looking at this picture he must have been lapping people...thats why the lights are on isn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
zef.jpg  
Old 13 Apr 2004, 08:50 (Ref:937983)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
he was . . . most of the field bar the top 10, another 5 minutes and he'd have lapped me again !