Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Nov 2004, 15:17 (Ref:1150487)   #1
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British GT 2004

Now the dust has settled, what did you guys think of this years British GT ? Which Team / Driver / Car impressed, or at the other end of the scale, who or what was a Major Disappointment ? And what would you like to see change in 05 ?
Old 11 Nov 2004, 15:48 (Ref:1150526)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I feel it was a great season, was hoping for a bit more from the TVR's but hell they did a good job all year round really. The best teams obviously were Gruppe M and Scuderia Ecosse, hopefully next year we can have a bit more depth though, 2 teams fighting it out is great dont get me wrong, but 3 or 4 would be even better. Still all in all a great year, lets hope grids continue to grow.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 16:59 (Ref:1150595)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would have been good to see more of the Vauxhall VX200T from Colin Blower & co. Hopefully they have plans for 2005 (just off to read the 'BGT 2005' thread now).
Old 12 Nov 2004, 11:58 (Ref:1151447)   #4
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know.

I've read there's been some good racing, but somehow it lost its appeal to me this year (usually go to 2 or 3 rounds, it was ZERO this year).

Ratel's supposed magical promotional touch seemed to leave the whole series very low key this year. Maybe it'll be better next year and it'll spark my enthusiasm again.

Cheers
Old 12 Nov 2004, 12:51 (Ref:1151486)   #5
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The answer is simple - get out there and see for yourself! There has been some really great racing in 2004 and we look like getting a bigger N-GT grid in 05.

The race promotion isn't what it should be but that hasn't dulled the edge of the racing!
Old 12 Nov 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1151520)   #6
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where would I start! Get rid of this two race **** its bad enough dragging yourself across the UK at the weekend to spend two soggy days to see two hours of racing!

I feel the Power Tour format was much better for us (the press), the teams, organisers and the public. A much as I hate to say it the format of Britcar appears to work (but still doesn’t get he public in). Does anybody have access attendance figure for this year events? When Octagon ran the circuits I could get attendance figures form the media person but not anymore, I attended the Britcar Snetterton six hour if there was 50 spectators I did see them! In the past you could more for spectators for the 24-hour Willhire races.

From a personal perspective I would sooner drive to Spa than Croft or Knockhill (Spa is closer to me that either of those circuits).
Old 12 Nov 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1151580)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I understand why the decision not to have them was taken, but I do miss the GT cars like Listers and Vipers and Saleens. Mind you, I still miss the old GT1 cars. The EMKA McLaren and Blue Coral Porsche were beautiful things, and it was a joy to watch them picking their way through traffic at Croft.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 20:33 (Ref:1151915)   #8
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Admittedly grids have not been as high as they have been in the past, but I think it's correct to stay that for pretty much every domestic series this year (and most international ones). However, I think it's been a very promising year, with some excellent racing. It's also nice to see some good teams on the grid who have serious potential such as GruppeM, Ecosse and Embassy, who all come across as very professional operations. I think the series will definitely benefit in the long run from SRO, and I find the SRO package by far the best value UK series at the moment. It was only a tenner at Brands and Oulton, which beats the £20-25 for the TOCA tour hands down, both on price and entertainment value. Attendance figures have been down, but that has been true of most series, I don't think its a fair reflection of the quality of the series. SRO have done an excellent job this year IMHO, and if anybody knows how to run a successul GT series it's Stephane Ratel. It's just a shame that we won't be seeing them at any MSV circuits next year, but i'll be looking forward to it for sure. The survival of the series has been assured and hopefully it will only grow from here.