Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Oct 2017, 22:49 (Ref:3775507)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Daniel Ricciardo to Mercedes

Confirmed. Santa Claws notified me.

seriously this team mate paring would be lit.

if anyone on the grid can take it to him it'd be the Honey Badger.
Old 22 Oct 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3775612)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...in 2019... maybe...

Story Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Oct 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3775629)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Ricciardo must be anxious about Red Bull's engine partner beyond next year. If they're saddled with continuingly uncompetitive Honda lumps, he's not going to want to hang around and wait for Aston Martin/Cosworth/Ilmor (delete as appropriate).
Old 27 Oct 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3776736)   #4
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Done deal.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3776741)   #5
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
That's certainly NOT what the article says (which is a shame...)
Old 27 Oct 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3776758)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
But I would so love to see him give Lewis a good run in the other Merc. Lewis is happy for it to happen, so there's no reason why it can't happen
Old 27 Oct 2017, 21:58 (Ref:3776877)   #7
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Make it happen. Danny Ric to be World Champion in 2018. Book it.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 22:03 (Ref:3776878)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm looking forward to the Hamiton Ricciardo thread already.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 22:09 (Ref:3776879)   #9
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Hartley to Red Bull to replace Riccardo.....all making sense now.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3776881)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm looking forward to the Verstappen Hartley thread already.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 22:56 (Ref:3776889)   #11
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
But I would so love to see him give Lewis a good run in the other Merc. Lewis is happy for it to happen, so there's no reason why it can't happen
I call BS on Lewis being happy to let it happen. He sooks endlessly when team mate is pushing him. ie Rosberg, Button at Spa and data tweets etc. He has been at his happiest with Heiki and Valteri....I wonder why?

He has been talking a lot recently about chats with Toto about team harmony...ie dont stress me
Old 27 Oct 2017, 23:53 (Ref:3776894)   #12
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
I call BS on Lewis being happy to let it happen. He sooks endlessly when team mate is pushing him. ie Rosberg, Button at Spa and data tweets etc. He has been at his happiest with Heiki and Valteri....I wonder why?

He has been talking a lot recently about chats with Toto about team harmony...ie dont stress me
Team harmony, turn Bottas' engine settings down and keep Lewis in the zone, like they will let Danni Ricc near him!
Old 28 Oct 2017, 03:17 (Ref:3776931)   #13
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I tend to think along these lines too. I think Hamilton is happier with a teammate he knows is a number 2 to him. And unfortunately for fas33, if hamilton is a-ok with ricciardo being his teammate, it's because he either knows he can handle him, or he knows his team will prioritize him and develop the car to suit him, just like apparently red bull will be doing with verstappen.
Old 28 Oct 2017, 04:48 (Ref:3776944)   #14
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Honey Badger no scared of Nobody.

Rosberg won and beat Hamilton last year. No team favouritism.
Old 28 Oct 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3776963)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Team harmony, turn Bottas' engine settings down and keep Lewis in the zone, like they will let Danni Ricc near him!
Do they actually do that? That's awful. I didn't know. It's amazing what you learn on the internet.

I'm definitely not going to watch the GP now.
Old 28 Oct 2017, 10:32 (Ref:3776986)   #16
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

And he even throws it out there Danny Ric need to beat Max first... yeah, he has - Max is the real deal, but... scoreboard
(not just points but qual, fast laps, everything)

I think Lewis leaned a lot from his year with Alonso, he saw what the best driver does wrong and what the costs are ongoing. Smart guy to use everything to his advantage, and a strong team mate where you are not clear number 1 is not to his advantage
Old 28 Oct 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3776991)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Of course we don't know how much longer Lewis will go on for
Old 28 Oct 2017, 11:21 (Ref:3777002)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Of course we don't know how much longer Lewis will go on for
Does he want to beat Mr M.Schumacher’s title count?
Old 28 Oct 2017, 12:40 (Ref:3777004)   #19
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton, being the two-faced ****** he is, says one thing and means the complete opposite.
So, of course he wants to break Schumachers record, even when he says otherwise, don't be silly.
Old 28 Oct 2017, 18:11 (Ref:3777054)   #20
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm sure Lewis would handle The Sweat Guzzlin' Aussie at end of the day. Dunno if we'll ever see him make the move over to Merc though.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 16:05 (Ref:3779041)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Hamilton, being the two-faced ****** he is, says one thing and means the complete opposite.
That seems unduly harsh.

Anyway, I would imagine he is motivated to beat Schumacher's title record and wins because he can probably see it in his sights, particularly given that Mercedes still have a few more years with the current regulations; he also knows that Mercedes aren't going to have it easy, though, because they do not always dominate, and I suspect he relishes that battle.

His reaction to equalling and beating the record of great drivers suggest he may well be spurred on by a record.

As for Ricciardo, well, he may well figure that Hamilton is an unknown quantity against himself, whereas he knows how tough it is to be Verstappen. He will also factor in the engine issue. If Mercedes don't drop off the pace and Renault continue having difficulties, it might be a wise move to give Mercedes a shot. Mercedes, though, are known to be sizing up Esteban Ocon.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3779077)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
So, of course he wants to break Schumachers record, even when he says otherwise, don't be silly.
While I think he plays down this, or exaggerates the challenging team mate thing, or maybe says the odd thing that aren’t quite 100% true, I don’t think that qualifies him as really two faced, especially not in a dramatic sweary type way.
Old 7 Nov 2017, 00:00 (Ref:3779123)   #23
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The Sweat Guzzlin' Aussie
Old 10 Nov 2017, 02:12 (Ref:3779727)   #24
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't at all be surprised to see D-Ric at Mercedes 2019. The RB thing and his delay in signing, he's probably feeling like a #2 at the moment and rightfully so because Verstappen has his number lately. Will Merc even want him if he continues to get beaten by Max next year? Probably because Bottas has turned out to be a mid card, I'm sure D-Ric can beat Bottas. But maybe not Hamilton now after seeing that he's had trouble with Max.

Oh boy Hartley and Verstappen at RB 2019, that's a dream! Hartley just has to make sure he beats Gasly next year, and I think he has it in him.
Old 10 Nov 2017, 02:30 (Ref:3779728)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why not Mr Ricciardo’s other vision... a ride at McLaren instead
If McLaren get a wriggle on and produce a RBR-beating car foe next season, might Mr Ricciardo be tempted there?