Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 31 May 2003, 20:55 (Ref:616132)   #1
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Isle of Man TT

i don't know squat about motorbikes, but i chanced upon the TT reviews from today's F1 race - and WOW! this is the first time i've ever watched this - and although it scares the living cr@p outta me just watching it, i am totally enthralled by it.

apparently it's something like 37 miles long - is this true?!

watching those bikes scream along at 180mph+ next to rows of houses and small village post offices really does make good TV. top stuff, i will make sure that i glue myself to these reviews all week!

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 1 Jun 2003, 00:40 (Ref:616307)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I also know squat about Motor Bikes, but I do know what the TT is, my grandfather rode in either the TT or Manx GP in the 20's or 30's I forget.

But today I came across Radio TT on the web, it the TT's version of Radio Toca/Le Mans and I listen to commentry on the F1 race very interesting stuff.

You can find Radio TT @ [url http://www.radiott.com/radiott_site/default.html[/url] - well worth a listen

Last edited by rdjones; 1 Jun 2003 at 00:41.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 01:39 (Ref:616324)   #3
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have watched it for a few years now. There was a great rider that died recently. I think his name was Joey Dunlop. He was one of the greatest, or so the commentators say. Those guys are insane. I love it.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 02:55 (Ref:616347)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
David Jeffries is the guy that died this week, won one of the years, and seriously competitive for the last number of them....

A good event, but not at the cost of human life
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Jun 2003, 06:19 (Ref:616404)   #5
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe not but given the chance I cant think of any other track I'd like to race at more than the IOM,the ultimate in street races.

Last edited by Warwick; 1 Jun 2003 at 06:21.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 16:44 (Ref:616879)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is an amazing place, with timeless appeal. In days gone by it was part of the world championship and was seen as THE greatest test. Some of the races involving names like Hailwood, Duke and Agostini were incredible. In mroe recent years it's become more of a hobbyists event, with riders competing for the love of it. Sadly, its a dangerous place though, as we've seen.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 17:02 (Ref:616899)   #7
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its the best track in the world, and they race on it for the manx & the tt, there should be more in the world like it and big respect to anyone who can ride it in anger
Old 2 Jun 2003, 08:47 (Ref:617484)   #8
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People do dangerous things all the time - hang gliding, skydiving, bungee jumping, rock climbing - and they don't get banned because they're dangerous. If people want to risk their lives for our enjoyment, who's right is it to say they can't?

I love watching the TT. I loved visiting the course and anyone who competes in the TT has balls the size of small planets. I'll back their right to race there as long as the riders want to take part.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 12:29 (Ref:617693)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, it is a tremendous event, i have alot of the TT reviews on video, it is great to watch.

Obviously it is very dangerous, but the riders know the risks and accept them. If it was another rider who had been killed, would Jeffries have been calling for the event to be stopped, of course not.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 13:17 (Ref:617735)   #10
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you really want to get some TT flavor without going to the event. Get a DVD/tape from Duke Video that showcases On Bike Action. It will make sit up and grip the chair arms. That is the single greatest bike event anywhere. Its certainly dangerous, but it also is one of those ultimate test races as well.
Never forget #99
Old 3 Jun 2003, 18:34 (Ref:619522)   #11
JGM
Racer

JGM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The TT is also one of the oldest surviving motorsports events in the world as it was first held in 1907 - although the current 'Mountain Circuit', which runs for more than 37 miles and passes through two towns and over one mountain, wasn't used until 1911. After WW2 the event became a full world championship GP and remained so until 1972. These were its greatest years and it was during this period that its greatest riders flourished. The greatest of them all was Mike Hailwood who won 14 TT races, nearly all of them full World Championship GP events. Joey Dunlop won more TTs but, great rider though he was, it is unlikely that he could have ever won a full GP against the best riders in the world.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 23:28 (Ref:619836)   #12
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joey Dunlop is the king of the Isle, and I reccomend you all check out the Duke DVD on him.
Some incredible footage, and a great tribute to an extroadinary character.