Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Feb 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2627517)   #1251
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
looks like the caddy with the motorola stickers on it
Its the Dams from 2000 what i could find on Youtube
Old 6 Feb 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2627757)   #1252
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a chart on the Corvette racing site with the differences between the GT1 and GT2. Interesting info: http://www.corvetteracing.com/ or http://www.corvetteracing.com/cars/g...t2-chart.shtml
Old 6 Feb 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2627807)   #1253
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SportMotores.es reports that Antonio Garcia will repeat with Corvette Racing in 2010. He will be the third driver pairing O´Connell and Magnussen.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2627865)   #1254
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So anyone know the specs on the new engine, or will it be ready for sebring
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2627925)   #1255
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
So anyone know the specs on the new engine, or will it be ready for sebring
It'll be ready for Sebring. It was in the cars last time I was at P&M.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2627930)   #1256
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How much funding do GM provide these days?

Could P&M supple the GT2 V8 to 2011 P2 teams, regardless of GM's commitment?
Old 6 Feb 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2627978)   #1257
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
How much funding do GM provide these days?

Could P&M supple the GT2 V8 to 2011 P2 teams, regardless of GM's commitment?
I find that to be the most intriguing part of the 2011 P2 regs, there are lots of good engines in GT2 now that would be interesting to see in a P car.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 16:07 (Ref:2629951)   #1258
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its official, Emmanual Collard joins Gavin and Beretta in the #4 Corvette for endurance races.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 9 Feb 2010 at 16:34.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2630036)   #1259
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
well thats gonna hurt porsche!! and Ferrari
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 18:00 (Ref:2630042)   #1260
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Its official, Emmanual Collard joins Gavin and Beretta in the #4 Corvette for endurance races.

L.P.
Why did I list those other names before his?! I would have looked prescient!

Good choice IMO.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2630081)   #1261
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
L.P.
Both Corvettes will certainly be formidable in the enduros this year. With their stellar pit work and these solid driver line-ups, Yipe!

DK
Old 9 Feb 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2630086)   #1262
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Both Corvettes will certainly be formidable in the enduros this year. With their stellar pit work and these solid driver line-ups, Yipe!

DK
Yes, now just to get the new package homogenized!

L.P.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2630186)   #1263
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't bet against 63 and 64 scoring a 1-2 at Le Mans in GT2 at this stage. Doesn't matter in which order, but at this stage I personally think they're hot favorites for that class.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2630215)   #1264
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I wouldn't bet against 63 and 64 scoring a 1-2 at Le Mans in GT2 at this stage. Doesn't matter in which order, but at this stage I personally think they're hot favorites for that class.
I don't but maybe not in their first GT2 year. Under the bonnet quite a lot should be 24h proof, but dominating GT2 in their first GT2 year/ 24h race...
I'll wait after Sebring with such predictions
Old 10 Feb 2010, 02:50 (Ref:2630362)   #1265
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
unfortunatily for us non corvette fans, this is not their first year, they dominated the last decade in Le mans gt1, and gt2 isn't far from gt1, the new engine will be a weak point, but i am of the opinion P&M know how to get all of the bugs out of the engine before june, and they sure know how to prepare the rest of the car for 24h, so if it goess fast at le mans, my oppinion is that at least one will finish the race, and since both cars are full factory driven, I agree they are favorites, if for no other reason they have 2 cars, they can let one go all the way and draw the best ferraris and porsche to push more, and have problems early, while the other car takes the cream
Old 10 Feb 2010, 03:09 (Ref:2630366)   #1266
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis
they can let one go all the way and draw the best ferraris and porsche to push more, and have problems early, while the other car takes the cream
Tortoise and the hare....as you said they have two strong cars which not everyone will have so this will help them immensely.

I think they can win at Le Mans but I dont think it'll be a 1-2. They'll give the Ferraris and Porsches a big headache at Le Mans and with a number of cars in it for the win I can't see them dominating. It'd be nice to see three different manufacturers on the podium.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 03:26 (Ref:2630372)   #1267
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It will also be interesting to see what the BMWs are like in full ACO specifications this year. They were bullets at Road America in 2009 which would seem to bode well for Le Mans, but they were also benefiting from IMSA breaks which made at least some of that more feasible.

They too will come with two all-pro cars under one awning, though their performance will also likely be influenced by who the driving staff is. I worry that Farfus will still be a bit of a car-breaker and hope the US boys get a bit of a look-in.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 12:59 (Ref:2630579)   #1268
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
It will also be interesting to see what the BMWs are like in full ACO specifications this year. They were bullets at Road America in 2009 which would seem to bode well for Le Mans, but they were also benefiting from IMSA breaks which made at least some of that more feasible.
If ACO makes them use the full ACO gt2 regs, they will probably be a few sec slower then everyone there, at ALMS they are using huge restrictors compared to the rulebook, and they were still not dominantly faster, and anyway they wont last he whole race. MO anyway
Old 10 Feb 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2630590)   #1269
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If ACO makes them use the full ACO gt2 regs, they will probably be a few sec slower then everyone there, at ALMS they are using huge restrictors compared to the rulebook, and they were still not dominantly faster, and anyway they wont last he whole race. MO anyway
Sorry but that claim can not be accurate. According the chart in the GT2 regs and Corvetteracing.com, the Vette is actually using .2 smaller restrictors than the math allows. I'm guessing they are using 2 but it doesn't say. They listed their 2010 restrictor at 28.6 mm, while doing the math for an in-block cammed motor, the ACO says they are allowed 28.8 mm.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2630613)   #1270
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Sorry but that claim can not be accurate. According the chart in the GT2 regs and Corvetteracing.com, the Vette is actually using .2 smaller restrictors than the math allows. I'm guessing they are using 2 but it doesn't say. They listed their 2010 restrictor at 28.6 mm, while doing the math for an in-block cammed motor, the ACO says they are allowed 28.8 mm.
sorry for not being more secific, i was replying to the bmw post befor, I ment the bmw have huge restrictors, The corvette have legal restrictors as far as i know!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2630784)   #1271
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
....while the other car takes the cream
There won't be any cream if they are homogenized, right Lane?

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 10 Feb 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2630789)   #1272
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There won't be any cream if they are homogenized, right Lane?
It all depends if the USDA gets involved or not?

L.P.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2634619)   #1273
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 2010 livery is generally getting the razzies over in the 2010 ALMS thread. What do the Corvette faithful think?

http://jalopnik.com/5472201/2010-cor...ery-first-look

I can understand that Corvette Marketing wants to appeal to a younger crowd in order to assure a future buyer pool. This should be a big hit with the 8 year olds.

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 16 Feb 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2634635)   #1274
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Hmm, I guess I must be an 8yr old then, or maybe I have a thing for tattooed blond women from Canada with big ....

L.P.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2634644)   #1275
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Hmm, I guess I must be an 8yr old then, or maybe I have a thing for tattooed blond women from Canada with big ....
Sacks of salt water? Appealing.