Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Oct 2001, 12:09 (Ref:160844)   #1
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
women f1 drivers

Does anyone know have there been any women drivers in formula one?
Old 15 Oct 2001, 12:15 (Ref:160849)   #2
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Michael Schumacher.

There was one in the mid 80's. Can't remember her name but she never qualified.
Old 15 Oct 2001, 12:19 (Ref:160851)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lella Lombardi comes to mind, she is the only female to ever finish in the points in a GP, the 1975 Spanish GP (If I remember correctly).

Others that come to mind are Giovanna Amati (Brabham 1992 though never qualified), Desire Wilson (never qualified though did win a race for ex-F1 cars) and there have been others.
Old 15 Oct 2001, 13:58 (Ref:160897)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maria Theresa de Fillipis 1958
Davina Galica 1978 FTQ
That conpletes the list who have attempted the F1WC
Sarah Kavanagh has raced an F1 car in EuroBOSS series.
Helen Bashford,Lorina Mcloughlin & Judy Lyons have raced in the Thorobred GP series,plus a German lady,Andrea,who's first car race was in a F1 Tyrell at Dijon last month...

Last edited by Rob29; 15 Oct 2001 at 13:59.
Old 15 Oct 2001, 14:29 (Ref:160900)   #5
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Lella Lombardi comes to mind, she is the only female to ever finish in the points in a GP, the 1975 Spanish GP (If I remember correctly).

Yes, you remember correctly, and if I may add, she won 0.5 of a point - race was stopped before it's end.
Old 15 Oct 2001, 17:30 (Ref:160972)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also Jochen Mass' sole win for 4.5 points.

In 2004 add Vanina Ickx to the list!
Old 17 Oct 2001, 12:21 (Ref:161925)   #7
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cruel but probably true!

I reckon on current form 'Maureen' from 'Driving School', in her pale blue Lada estate, could beat Ralfie boy!
Old 17 Oct 2001, 13:22 (Ref:161948)   #8
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was Giovanna Amati who tried to qualify for a few races with Brabham at the start of the 1992 season but for the Spanish GP she was replaced by one Damon Hill, By the way does anyone know what Damon's doing now?
Old 17 Oct 2001, 14:38 (Ref:161982)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The last thing I heard he was doing powerboats.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 15:08 (Ref:162000)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sadly, for a woman to be even chosen for an F1 seat, she'd have to be immensely talented plus come with a bag full of money or personal sponsors.

She'd also have to be blonde and beautiful to fit the corporate image that the sponsors would want. Sad to say, but that is what would most likely happen.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 15:17 (Ref:162002)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I believe in women's talents.

Unfortunately I don't own a F1 team

But if any girl is interested, I accept a test drive
Old 17 Oct 2001, 15:22 (Ref:162004)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Manoz, me thinks you are going to receive many replies from the likes of RG, Bella, Jiggly all threatening to tear your head from your shoulders hahaha
Old 17 Oct 2001, 18:57 (Ref:162150)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Well, I believe in women's talents.

Unfortunately I don't own a F1 team

But if any girl is interested, I accept a test drive
Down, boy!
Old 17 Oct 2001, 19:54 (Ref:162195)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Nah, I prefer the pit babes !!!
Old 18 Oct 2001, 11:24 (Ref:162440)   #15
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest, F1Manoz is totally right. She will have to be very pleasant to look at, as well as having talent, AND having sponsors. This makes the likelyhood of this occuring very low. But i must say, one particular female that got my attention was a finnish(i think she is finnish, not sure) girl named Sanna Pinola. i think she is racing in F3 at the moment, but not sure on that either.
Old 18 Oct 2001, 13:12 (Ref:162468)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Sadly, for a woman to be even chosen for an F1 seat, she'd have to be immensely talented plus come with a bag full of money or personal sponsors.

She'd also have to be blonde and beautiful to fit the corporate image that the sponsors would want. Sad to say, but that is what would most likely happen.
nope, he's right. we do have to do an awful lot of work to get into f1 as a driver, but no more than say, a badly underfunded driver who isn't from a priveleged background. however, i expect through most of the lower series if a girl impresses, she'll be offered a drive just as quickly as any man would.
mingy bloke drivers don't get very far, why should mingy women drivers? sad but true.