Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 14 Jan 2006, 19:07 (Ref:1501268)   #1
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Any news on the CTRCC calender yet, their site has been down all week. Be nice to be able to do some advanced planning.

First round March 26th at Silverstone.

Be nice to have a set of regs for Pre93 and Classic Thunder so I can work out which to enter.
Old 14 Jan 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1501280)   #2
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=carrera]First round March 26th at Silverstone.
QUOTE]

Apparently the Pre '66 Championship will be at Castle Combe on the 25th March.
Old 14 Jan 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1501285)   #3
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera

Be nice to have a set of regs for Pre93 and Classic Thunder so I can work out which to enter.
Ditto - i've got an engine waiting to be rebuilt and I want it within pre-93 regs, so it's all on hold until they turn up (not that i'm really bothered as the rest of the car isn't ready either).
Last week I contacted Stacy, and he said the pre-93 regs were ready and going on the site shortly, and then the site went down. I'm getting my emails to him bounced back as well.
Old 14 Jan 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1501298)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Its been down quite a while now, nothing drastic has happened I hope. I think from Stacy's previous posts it is very similiar to the pre-90's regs which are very similiar to the pre-83 regs which are very similiar to the pre-73 regs which are....................

Silverstone eh Carrera, as long as it is not the Mickey Mouse Stowe I will be there car is ready and polished & it and me are raring to go.
Old 14 Jan 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1501315)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Is that with the 750MC? We have our first round at Silverstone with them on that date.
Edited: Just checked and it's with Sunbac.
Old 14 Jan 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1501323)   #6
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al, Stowe is the day before (if you want some cheap testing or need a systems check). Sunbac is on National circuit.
Old 14 Jan 2006, 23:51 (Ref:1501403)   #7
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Gary, Al - http://www.classictouringcars.com/ thanks to Stacy for emailing me the new site address.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1501513)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks teej but why on earth did'nt they put a link on the old address, if I did this on my company site it would be paramount to business suiside! Mind you on the site they are saying they have done the link but it definitly is not working so maybe techy hitchs.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1501544)   #9
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All...

The csccgb domain remains down due to a technical hitch which I can't resolve until tomorrow. It should forward to www.classictouringcars.com which is now our main URL which sits on an upgraded host. Several things have coincided this week that lead to the problems. If they could have been avoided they would have been.

All 2006 Tech regs and The December Flyer are up and soon the 2006 dates will be on there too (as soon as I get them that is)

Chris
Old 15 Jan 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1501778)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ok Chris thanks for letting us know.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 18:56 (Ref:1501809)   #11
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I've split this thread out of the 2006 Club Racing Calendar thread as all the discussion on calendars, regulations and websites was swamping the thread a bit!
When the final calendar is announced though if it can be copied over there it would be appreciated
Old 15 Jan 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1501820)   #12
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Thanks all. Will check regs for both series.

Teej. Are you looking to do full Pre93 or mix with TRC?
Old 15 Jan 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1501829)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I was going to have a look at the pre-93 with my 87 IROC Camaro but have just read the rules and the minimum weight rules are same as the pre 73 so I would be just as well entering that as the real advantage of the later car is that it is a lot lighter and I would have to bolt on 150kgs of ballast which is not really on. I think the TRC rules suit the car far better.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1502373)   #14
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Thanks all. Will check regs for both series.

Teej. Are you looking to do full Pre93 or mix with TRC?
Hi Gary, most likely won't be ready until mid-season, and i'll be looking for experience rather than points then, so it's whatever heads down near me from then on. I'll be at most CTCRC events anyway, as Mr Hargreaves designated chief head-scratcher, and following the TRC where I can.

I need to get hold of the homologation papers for the car, before knowing for sure if I can do pre-93, as I have to check wheel sizes. To make the brakes even half decent I had to move to a bigger wheel (14s from 15s) that was only on special editions, but it may have been homologated anyway. The car is within the spirit of the series, so would be okay for this season either way, but it changes future plans if I couldn't run it in pre-93 past this year. I'm trying to avoid the Namibian Super Special Touring Car route......

Yourself?
Old 16 Jan 2006, 14:47 (Ref:1502408)   #15
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All...

csccgb is now forwarding to www.classictouringcars.com correctly. All csccgb email addresses forward to the same person at this new domain also. The ads section is next on my list to sort. I'll be using a more up-to-date script for this that should make it visible to everyone and a bit more user friendly. Still no dates I'm afraid.

Chris
Old 16 Jan 2006, 15:26 (Ref:1502427)   #16
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
when are the definitive dates likely to be available?
Old 16 Jan 2006, 15:39 (Ref:1502435)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Keep up the good work Chris, I sold my trailer off the ads section and it was not on there long, so well done.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1502627)   #18
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Teej.

Regs for CT and Pre 93 are not BX friendly.

For CT car will be too heavy against anything half decent if left as a production based car, and for pre'93 will be pushed up a class and will still have to run 14" wheels. Offer of cheap R888s at £45 not much use if they don't make them in the size we require.

Will look at dates and then decide whether to stay with CTCRC or go TRC.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1502710)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I am not sure if that up a class for multi-valves ruling has had its day as so many cars are now multivalve I also think it is confusing to spectators. Coupled with that a well tuned two valve engine for example a Pinto is not that far behind a multi-valve engine. I mean why not take it a stage further and make overhead cam engines go up a class as well. I am not advocating that but it would be just as relevant. Also what about weight limits when the multi-valve car moves up a class and puts in in with the heavyweights? I assume the weights are still calculated on the actual cc which seems a bit confusing. I don't think the moving up a class bit will work with the weight limits, I think this may have been overlooked. Maybe still relevant in TRC and ModProds where they do not have minimum weight limits but not sure for CTCRC where they do.

Excuse my ignorance Carrera but what are R888's and what is the deal?
Old 16 Jan 2006, 23:08 (Ref:1502736)   #20
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al, the new CT regs/class structure is a heck of a lot better than they used to be. Last year my 1.6 would have been in the upto 2.9 class, along with 2l ex-touring cars!

In my experience the weight limits in the CT are, on the whole, irrelevant as little or nothing is ever going to get near them.

I like the 'drop a class if on list 1a/b tyres regs', gives people some options.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 07:54 (Ref:1502891)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
In my experience the weight limits in the CT are, on the whole, irrelevant as little or nothing is ever going to get near them.
I can't agree with that Graham, my Pre-73 comes in at the weight but as posted previously my 87 leaves the factory lighter than the 1450 kgs or so I would need to run it at and in ModProd spec comes in at 1300kgs and as I said before I ain't bolting 150kgs of ballast on as apart from anything else it would cost me an arm and a leg in lead!

As i said I think the weight thing works well in the older classes but I am not so sure with the multivalve up a class thing. Take a modern v6 3 litre multi valve car Omega or what ever, by virtue of Multi-valve he runs in my over 4000cc class but can run 100's of kilos lighter and that does not really make sense. I am happy to run against the car if he either has to ballast up to my weight or he stays in the lower class, and I don't care if he beats me from there at least he will not have stole the thunder in the bigger class.

I don't like the Rotary's going up two classes either, that will put them in with the plus 4000cc heavyweights and I personally think that class should be the domain of heavier big cars like mine and the Jags, it waters the spectacle down letting a much lighter Rotary car in, sorry I think this is a big mistake IMHO.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 08:10 (Ref:1502895)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I will add to that if I may Dennis as I think we may be getting our lines crossed, I was specifically discussing the new pre 93 regs not Classic Thunder. As it happens the Classic thunder regulation ref. the tyres and moving down a class is an interesting concept. Interestingly I notice that the Rotarys only move up one class in CT but two classes in Pre-93

Also Dennis I agree with you now on the weights issue as the weights in CT are a lot lower and barely achievable, again I was talking about pre-93.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1503115)   #23
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Al - R888 is a tyre from Toyo.

Reference was made in Hot News 82 to a deal at £45 a corner.

If you do not receive Hot News direct it can be found at www.classictouringcars.com under "Latest".
Old 17 Jan 2006, 15:00 (Ref:1503125)   #24
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
I will add to that if I may Dennis as I think we may be getting our lines crossed, I was specifically discussing the new pre 93 regs not Classic Thunder. As it happens the Classic thunder regulation ref. the tyres and moving down a class is an interesting concept. Interestingly I notice that the Rotarys only move up one class in CT but two classes in Pre-93

Also Dennis I agree with you now on the weights issue as the weights in CT are a lot lower and barely achievable, again I was talking about pre-93.
I haven't really looked in detail at the pre-93 regs, saw stuff like standard diameter wheels and lost interest very quickly. Regs like this can just end up favouring particular cars, and NEVER MINE!!

It would be interesting to see what existing CT entrants think of the new regs, and whether the potential removal of upto a third of their regular entrants (to the pre-93 series) will affect them.

On the multivalve argument, whilst I was in Los Angeles last week I hired a Chevy Impala which has a 3.5 litre dual valve V6 (essentially 3/4 of a Chevy small block LS1). Chevy were very pleased to advertise at every opportunity that it produced more power, more torque and consumed less petrol than all the equivelent Japanese multivalve 3.5 litre V6's. And it had a fantastic if subdued engine note under acceleration when you could get the auto gearbox to decide what it wanted to do!!!

Last edited by greenamex2; 17 Jan 2006 at 15:01. Reason: typo, ok several typoes
Old 17 Jan 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1503232)   #25
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I think CT will suit my 87 IROC and I will not bother trying to downgrade the car for pre=93 that way I can prepare to TRC and CT with no compromise. I quite like all the other regs (pre 73 etc) as is and think they work very well.

That sounds a good deal on the Toyos Carrerra, probably don't do my size but thanks for the heads up. Now the Miltek is in with CTRCC does anyone know if Kuhmo will be doing any members deals as they do make a very handy looing 265x45x16 cover.