Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Mar 2024, 03:06 (Ref:4203074)   #1
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pitcrew knocks Ferrari Mirror off with tire

At almost exactly the 6hr mark of the Sebring 12hr event, there were pitstops by the GTD cars. As the #62 Ferrari was passing another GTD car whose pitcrew was just beginning to service their car, the new tire held by the pitcrew grazed the mirror of the passing Ferrari and knocked it off.

Who was at fault? The crewman holding the tire? Possibly the Ferrari coming in too close to the other pit box? Was any penalty assessed?
Old 28 Mar 2024, 20:45 (Ref:4203203)   #2
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any video of that incident? Does the race replay cover the situation? I don't honestly remember that
Old 28 Mar 2024, 22:11 (Ref:4203208)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
Who was at fault? The crewman holding the tire? Possibly the Ferrari coming in too close to the other pit box?
Obviously it depends on the exact circumstances.
Quote:
Was any penalty assessed?
I don’t know.

#62 had two close pits stops on consecutive laps 186 and 187, but this was at the 7 hours mark. Might be related?

I don’t have the timing replay which keeps the race control calls
Old 29 Mar 2024, 02:39 (Ref:4203234)   #4
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Is there any video of that incident? Does the race replay cover the situation? I don't honestly remember that
I saw it while watching the Full Race replay on You Tube. The incident occurred, I thought, almost exactly at the 6hr mark.(race time, not broadcast time)
Before the race went back to Green a Camera did focus on the #62 and it's missing rightside mirror, but I don't think the Radio Le Mans commentators saw that.

The broadcast actually was focusing on the pit service and I actually heard the clunk before I realized what had occurred. I first thought the crewman had

knock his own car's mirror off.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 12:26 (Ref:4203277)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They did pit at the six hour mark too - gap between stops then was about one hour. But there was no additional stop, which is why I wondered if it was the other one.