Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:07 (Ref:2026729)   #51
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was totally devastating!

After all of the hardships that Mark Webber has endured getting to Formula One and throughout his career in Grand Prix racing, getting within sniffing distance of a Grand Prix victory and having that happen is utterly devastating.

Make no bones about it, Webber was a chance of a win today - second at the very least.

And Hamilton's comments on Webber's "dangerous" driving smack of arrogance, considering his own "techniques" - I daresay Webber may nearly have hit him thanks to Lewis' drastic and severe slowing...

Ron's baby has been so busy trying to paint Alonso as the bad guy, that he is starting to sound like the smug little brat of the team.

Webber can hold his head high today - he was the complete class of the field.

I just hope one day it all works out for him...
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:13 (Ref:2026734)   #52
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree mac, my opinion of Hamilton has plumeted today, particularly after his interveiw comments on the whole thing.

But then again it would take a man to admit to your actions playing a part in creating the senerio and apologise for ruining someone elses race.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:16 (Ref:2026735)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Robbed of a sure fire second place today Mark. It was a very good drive. Hamilton would have smoked him, so no chance of a win, but second for sure.

Just a simple error from Vettel. Live and learn.

*bows head*

EDIT - Although it was all Hamilton's fault I see!

Last edited by Knowlesy; 30 Sep 2007 at 12:19.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:17 (Ref:2026737)   #54
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria Australia
SkaifeHRT has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Very well put mac, my sentiments exactly.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:26 (Ref:2026749)   #55
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry, but some of the garbage being spouted about Hamilton in this thread is bang out of order. Dangerous driving!? Well that should see Kubica, Massa, Alonso, Vettel... The list goes on... all docked 10 places.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:29 (Ref:2026755)   #56
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Robbed of a sure fire second place today Mark. It was a very good drive. Hamilton would have smoked him, so no chance of a win, but second for sure.
He wasn't smoking him at the time of the last safety car deployment. Webber was catching him rather rapidly - closing up under safety car would have given Mark a definite chance on the re-start.

Quote:
EDIT - Although it was all Hamilton's fault I see!
Not Hamilton's fault at all - but his public admonishment of Webber's driving was ridiculous and smug when he appeared to be playing silly-buggers in both full course cautions.

Last edited by mac; 30 Sep 2007 at 12:34.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:33 (Ref:2026759)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
He wasn't smoking him at the time of the last safety car deployment. Webber was catching him rather rapidly - closing up under safety car would have given Mark a definite chance on the re-start.
I was aware Webber was catching and whilst they were circulating under the safety car I did think that Webber was in a great position and would take a chance. I assumed Hamilton would settle for second as I thought he had a slight problem.

However, it seemed Lewis was just waiting for things to settle and he just drove away on the restart.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:41 (Ref:2026771)   #58
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton is just a little smart @#rse and Mr.Innocent. The guy is so arrogant. Well done on a great drive MW today and yes Vettel made is silly mistake but you only need to look at what the twit in front did with his tactics at both restarts that it was no wonder this happened. Alonso almost hit him at the start of the race so I wouldn't totally put the blame on Vettel.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:43 (Ref:2026774)   #59
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Is that you Mark?
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:44 (Ref:2026775)   #60
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
I'm sorry, but some of the garbage being spouted about Hamilton in this thread is bang out of order.
Well im digging around as these accident dont happen by themselves.

Have a look at this pic and explain why Webber and Vettel were alongside Hamilton...the obvious answer is Hamilton has jumped on the anchors and Webber has cruised up alongside if not past...Vettel has started looking more sideways rather then forward at the back of Webbers car and collides with the slowing Webber who is tryign to redress the passing of Hamilton. My mate that works for a news agency is telling me what he is hearing in the office

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...2_50_89140.jpg

Last edited by Knowlesy; 30 Sep 2007 at 12:46. Reason: Image too big!!!
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:01 (Ref:2026801)   #61
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Dear Lewis McCheat,
I was once an admirer of your obvious talent behind the wheel of a race car. Your father seems like a very nice man too. It is a pity that his graciousness and (assumed) moral standards have not been pased on to you. You firstly condone blatant cheating (and get away with it), you push the rules to the limit and now you of all people accuse somebody of driving "dangerously". You must be kidding! I hope your cheating team and cheating cars blow themselves to smithereens in the next 3 races because you would be the most unworthy champion in the history of the sport. I am known around these parts for not being a fan of Mr Raikkonnen but at least he does not cheat and mouth off at other competitors. I will now be supporting him to beat you and your cheating little teammate.
You will get yours one day, son - be ready for it.
Sincerely,
Deeks

Dear Sebastion,
You are a retard!
Sincerely,
Deeks
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:03 (Ref:2026805)   #62
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh dear.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:04 (Ref:2026807)   #63
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats it then, that blurry pic means its all Lewis' fault and that he should be thrown out of the championship and that all the collisions in the race should be blamed on him too.

:EDIT: The Lewis bashing is getting pathetic now. Deeks you should know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
and mouth off at other competitors.
A trait that Webber has never been guilty of eh? Calling Lewis a cheat is also completly wrong and smacks of ignorance and bias.

Webber drove well today and was very unlucky. Its a shame that some of his fans are ruining this fact.

Last edited by maximus; 30 Sep 2007 at 13:09.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:04 (Ref:2026809)   #64
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh dear.
I feel your pain.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:07 (Ref:2026812)   #65
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:17 (Ref:2026828)   #66
Baroche
Rookie

Baroche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32
Have a look at this pic and explain why Webber and Vettel were alongside Hamilton...the obvious answer is Hamilton has jumped on the anchors
You are so right about that, Hamilton shared some blame in this, but I belived he was justified. The truth is that Webber like Montoya before him had no place if F1- he is a Journey Man who makes his own bad luck (like you said things happen for a reason). Why do bad things happen to Montoya and Webber??. Before the incident, I was afraid he would take Lewis out. If I was Lewis, I would do the exact same thing. I would want him right next to me. Off course Lewis didn't count on a happless rookie not paying attention to the job at hand. Hamilton has great instincts! I would never be comfortable with Webber behind me in an F1 car and pace car in front.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:20 (Ref:2026834)   #67
mac
Veteran

Quote:
Oh dear.
Touche.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:22 (Ref:2026838)   #68
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
:EDIT: The Lewis bashing is getting pathetic now. Deeks you should know better.

Calling Lewis a cheat is also completly wrong and smacks of ignorance and bias.
I'm sorry ... is that team he drives for the same one that got caught with an opponents data? And got punished for it?

Must be a new definition of cheating on the way ...
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:22 (Ref:2026839)   #69
mac
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroche
I would never be comfortable with Webber behind me in an F1 car and pace car in front.
You're right - he has a long and notorious history of taking other competitors out.

I'm just struggling to think of any examples right now...
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:25 (Ref:2026845)   #70
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
I'm sorry ... is that team he drives for the same one that got caught with an opponents data? And got punished for it?

deeks, the WMSC hearing thread is over there somewhere. If you really think this has anything to do with Mark Webber crashing out of a race, then I am at a loss for words.

You are not doing Mark Webber or his fans any credit here and a good drive is being submerged in bile.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:45 (Ref:2026870)   #71
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To clarify i dont think that LH is a cheat etc, or should be punished.

Im just pointing out that Vettel probably doesnt deserve the bashing he is getting. Sure, he is still largely to blame for the incident...but its not like he was looking at promo girls and drove into the back of cars that were driving at a constant speed. Its possible Webber was following a little too closely to the back of LH's car and some mind games came out. Fine if you're up to speed with what is going on ...but in the conditions i think poor Vettel was caught out by some sporting darting between the front two. Im not saying its Webbers fault for following too closely, or LH for perhaps brake testing/slowing etc..but its a shocking racing incident that has cost RBR and Webber badly

Hope he doesnt get kncoked around too much by the incident. Vettel has plenty of positives to take from the weekend
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:51 (Ref:2026875)   #72
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's funny. Lewis was driving dangerously today under the safety car. Maybe not totally to blame for the collision but partly. It was going to happen if he just carried on stopping and starting like that. And yet Kubica and Vettel are the ones that get ridiculous penalties - perhaps he's inherited the FIA's favouritism mantle from TGF
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:54 (Ref:2026877)   #73
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You're right - he has a long and notorious history of taking other competitors out.

I'm just struggling to think of any examples right now...
I can think of at least one example, but I fail to see little relevance here. Still it is more relevant that some things that have been said
Old 30 Sep 2007, 14:00 (Ref:2026880)   #74
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
It's funny. Lewis was driving dangerously today under the safety car. Maybe not totally to blame for the collision but partly. It was going to happen if he just carried on stopping and starting like that. And yet Kubica and Vettel are the ones that get ridiculous penalties - perhaps he's inherited the FIA's favouritism mantle from TGF
Or perhaps the FIA realise, as those of us without the Webber bias also realise, that crashing into the back of whoever's in front of you under the safety car can be avoided even if the guy at the front is backign the field up. Vettel himself has admitted that the wasn't paying attention to what Webber was doing and that's why he hit him - it's a rookie mistake, and one that he's not likely to make again. Why does it have to be turned into some great pro-Lewis conspiracy?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 30 Sep 2007, 14:03 (Ref:2026883)   #75
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32
To clarify i dont think that LH is a cheat etc, or should be punished.

Im just pointing out that Vettel probably doesnt deserve the bashing he is getting.
I agree, neither deserve the bashing they have got!

Quote:

As Knowsley said, not for this thread, but Lewis didn't have anything to do with the data (as the WMSC results say) so it doesn't make him a cheat. The team however is a different story.

Last edited by maximus; 30 Sep 2007 at 14:06.