Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Aug 2023, 09:14 (Ref:4172131)   #1651
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Out of curiosity - why do you describe the video in this manner? It's a 'shorts', which are designed to be taken on smartphones in portrait format.

'YouTube Shorts is the short-form section of the American video-sharing website YouTube, hosting content much like YouTube's primary service but with a focus on vertical videos at a maximum length of 60 seconds.'

But yes, in terms of seeing the car on a track, everything looking positive for the entry into competition soon...
I don't know about Adam, but I detest portrait videos. IMO it is not a format in which video should be taken, probably because I watch videos on a large screen and rarely on my phone. I always regard it as part of the disposable selfie and TikTok generation, much of which is pretty dire. I can't help but laugh when I see people at a race circuit or elsewhere taking video in portrait format. My son often sends me videos and I'm always telling him to '...turn the bloody phone round and take it properly!!'....

I guess I'm just getting old....
Old 11 Aug 2023, 09:41 (Ref:4172137)   #1652
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I don't know about Adam, but I detest portrait videos. IMO it is not a format in which video should be taken, probably because I watch videos on a large screen and rarely on my phone. I always regard it as part of the disposable selfie and TikTok generation, much of which is pretty dire. I can't help but laugh when I see people at a race circuit or elsewhere taking video in portrait format. My son often sends me videos and I'm always telling him to '...turn the bloody phone round and take it properly!!'....

I guess I'm just getting old....
I guess it also depends on the device you are watching from (as you mention).

The advantage of watching on a portable device is being able to rotate the screen for portrait or landscape videos.

In terms of wider media, both are equally acceptable (IMO). Keeping to the thread title - a positive move to see portrait videos catered for that allows another way of viewing these cars in action....
Old 11 Aug 2023, 10:00 (Ref:4172139)   #1653
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As for the Lambo, first day out and it is already reving up and clocking laps at a certain speed. That is good news for a shakedown. However the car is quite ugly in this full carbon trim.
Old 11 Aug 2023, 11:53 (Ref:4172150)   #1654
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Out of curiosity - why do you describe the video in this manner? It's a 'shorts', which are designed to be taken on smartphones in portrait format.

'YouTube Shorts is the short-form section of the American video-sharing website YouTube, hosting content much like YouTube's primary service but with a focus on vertical videos at a maximum length of 60 seconds.'
I’m surprised you couldn’t have a guess why!?
But thanks for the YouTube directions. You can have an internet point.

The subject (car and the, er, landscape) would look better in landscape.

You can simply rotate your screen unless you are full simpleton (as you say).

Quote:
In terms of wider media, both are equally acceptable (IMO).
Rarely (IMO).

Ayse, it not about being old, it’s about wanting it to be better. Not wanting things to be better spans the generations equally.
Quote:
Keeping to the thread title - a positive move to see portrait videos catered for that allows another way of viewing these cars in action....
Barely to the thread title. Feel free to start the video techniques for those that don’t want to try thread.

To my post is allows a chance to see the car, but one that could have been better.
Old 11 Aug 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4172153)   #1655
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
As for the Lambo, first day out and it is already reving up and clocking laps at a certain speed. That is good news for a shakedown. However the car is quite ugly in this full carbon trim.
Good to see it on the move. We’ve had a batch of entrants (albeit with customer cars that have raced) doing their learning at race weekends.

Just with data from that corner they’ll be able to improve the power deployment!
Old 11 Aug 2023, 12:12 (Ref:4172155)   #1656
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I can't help but laugh when I see people at a race circuit or elsewhere taking video in portrait format.
I understand - but when the 'live' option of the hosting platform only permits vertical (or square) videos it's not really the fault of the person taking the video.

Yes, landscape would probably be a better format for the subject, but a portrait is better than nothing.
Old 11 Aug 2023, 12:31 (Ref:4172160)   #1657
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I understand - but when the 'live' option of the hosting platform only permits vertical (or square) videos it's not really the fault of the person taking the video.

Yes, landscape would probably be a better format for the subject, but a portrait is better than nothing.
The answer is host it somewhere else that allows for 'proper' videos..... We're not exactly short of places where you can share videos, are we?

Better than nothing? IMO - barely....
Old 11 Aug 2023, 13:46 (Ref:4172175)   #1658
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is hope for a proper landscape video
Old 11 Aug 2023, 14:04 (Ref:4172176)   #1659
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

Sounds great!

Wait.... how the hell did Alpine let Lambo make it to the trrack before them?
Old 11 Aug 2023, 14:17 (Ref:4172177)   #1660
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Sounds great!

The Alpine is going to hit the track, isn’t it?
Old 11 Aug 2023, 15:49 (Ref:4172185)   #1661
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

The Alpine is going to hit the track, isn’t it?
I would posit that the Alpine will need a different kind of test program than the Lambo. The Lambo is an entirely new package, Ligier hasn't been operating at this level in a number of years so there could be all types of systems to develop.

The Alpine has already been racing with a different engine in that Oreca. Won a 24 hour race on debut and has continued to perform well in IMSA. So really what Alpine needs is running for there drivetrain and software development on the hybrid storage and deployment side of things. Not saying that is easy, but it is less things to develop than the Lambo.
Old 11 Aug 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4172189)   #1662
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly, joeb, and since both won't be hitting the races until next season, they'll have plenty of time to do testing, homologation, and preparation.

Plenty of cars to get into for '24, with more to come. Isn't this great!...
Old 11 Aug 2023, 20:00 (Ref:4172208)   #1663
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Longer Lambo video. In landscape!

https://youtu.be/OhiuQWof_l0
Old 11 Aug 2023, 20:23 (Ref:4172211)   #1664
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As the guy says in "Robocop", " I like it!!!"
Old 11 Aug 2023, 20:57 (Ref:4172215)   #1665
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Longer Lambo video. In landscape!

https://youtu.be/OhiuQWof_l0
Wonderful - thank you.

Looks like it needs some more miles. Doesn’t flow yet.
Old 11 Aug 2023, 22:08 (Ref:4172220)   #1666
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Lambo in the top class of sportscar racing! Just wow oh wow. They’ve only just put together a series that this happens in. Never been known!
Old 12 Aug 2023, 06:08 (Ref:4172252)   #1667
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
680 hp? In total? Can't be.
Old 12 Aug 2023, 08:13 (Ref:4172256)   #1668
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Loving the look and sound of it! Great addition to the series
Old 12 Aug 2023, 11:32 (Ref:4172285)   #1669
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Wonderful - thank you.

I find it fast for a first day on track. It means systems are more or less working and they have a solid base to build on.
Old 12 Aug 2023, 12:14 (Ref:4172290)   #1670
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Plenty of time before submitting the car to instances for official homologation. When they'll want to compare the lap times of this version to actual competitors' as they were BoPed in '23 only Portimão track is to be considered, IMO. Sorry for naming B*P and forgetting sandb*****g.
Old 12 Aug 2023, 12:28 (Ref:4172293)   #1671
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
680 hp? In total? Can't be.
What do you mean? Surely be weird if it wasnt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
I find it fast for a first day on track. It means systems are more or less working and they have a solid base to build on.
Yes, looks like a good first test.
Old 12 Aug 2023, 13:42 (Ref:4172304)   #1672
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What do you mean? Surely be weird if it wasnt.
Maybe he means the car should be able to do ~700 hp if BOP allows? With that engine it won't a problem for sure.
Old 12 Aug 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4172309)   #1673
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Not BOP, WEC regulation. Maximum total combined power output (engine + hybrid system) is 500 kW giving circa 670,5 hp, minimum weight 1030 kilos. Was surprised by the subtitles contained in the video. Just that. But its testing and they can test whatever they want. And have to anticipate any BoP calculation. As was the case for others before.
Old 12 Aug 2023, 14:31 (Ref:4172315)   #1674
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be it's time to open a new thread for Lamborghini coming to WEC? Just sayin'. Good news: no news from Grosjean…
Old 12 Aug 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4172317)   #1675
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Maybe he means the car should be able to do ~700 hp if BOP allows? With that engine it won't a problem for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Not BOP, WEC regulation. Maximum total combined power output (engine + hybrid system) is 500 kW giving circa 670,5 hp, minimum weight 1030 kilos. Was surprised by the subtitles contained in the video. Just that. But it’s testing and they can test whatever they want. And have to anticipate any BoP calculation. As was the case for others before.
These are surely just ballpark figures. It’s just captions in a video on the internet. It’ll just be approximate, a guess, a general value to give those who don’t know an idea.

What it is extremely unlikely to be is a definitive fact and reporting of data straight from the team!

A good test program probably sees them vary it anyway.