Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2004, 17:40 (Ref:940709)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Ramifications of Historic F1 support race at Montreal GP

[)]http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=80249

This is very interesting. Think about it. These Historic cars are going to be running under their original liveries. The JPS Lotus, the Marlboro McLaren.... Do you think the Canadian tobacco police would come running after them?

Just think, F1 cancelled for a season of Historic F1 racing, complete with Tobacco sponsorship. An interesting, yet unrealistic loophole. Outside of the safety issue, who really would object to seeing a season with cars from the mid-late 70's?
Old 18 Apr 2004, 04:47 (Ref:943041)   #2
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sounds good! Thanks for letting us know
Old 18 Apr 2004, 08:05 (Ref:943103)   #3
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I would *like* to see a season with current drivers and 70s cars. It would separate men from babies . Those machines were hard to drive, in comparison, according to some sources.

I liked those epoch (although we just got twp or three (maybe incompletes) GPs per season on TV. I loved the cars and the tracks (obviously not recoverable today), and I "eated" magazines about it.

Well, now we are talking about this, I really would *drool* if top drivers (F1 or not) ran in great tracks with 70s sportcars! (wow!) :droooling:
Old 19 Apr 2004, 16:47 (Ref:944368)   #4
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, that would be very interesting! They'd have to get over the safety side of things. As Roebuck wrote a couple of weeks ago, it's not that drivers now are more scared, just that their perceptions are different. Each generation gets used to a certain level of safety.

Having said that, performances by the likes Damon Hill and Martin Brundle at the Goodwood Revival meeting showed that modern(ish) F1 drivers can still pedal the older cars pretty fast!

As for 70s Sportscars, that would be great. Stick Schuey in a Ferrari 512 and see if he can hang on to Kimi and Alonso in 917s!!! (Rather suspect he might do rather better than 'hang on'!)
Old 19 Apr 2004, 22:33 (Ref:944776)   #5
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Please, stop talking all that about MS, KR, FA... in 512s and 917s! My heart cannot resist!

And now I am aware that your nick is about that nasty, mean, superb machine! Bravo!

Last edited by Schummy; 19 Apr 2004 at 22:34.