Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 24 Oct 2001, 19:09 (Ref:164969)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ACO (Le Mans) CDRom

Has anybody out there spotted that the Automobile Club de L'Ouest (ACO) now have a CDRom available? Apparently it covers the entire period 1923-2000 and gives details of all entries and results in each race etc. etc. The CD also has 800 photos on it. I only visited the ACO site very quickly last evening, so I need to go back for a better look. I think it sells for about £30.

You should find the relevant page from the ACO's shop at:-

http://www.lemans.fanavenue.net/fich...sscat=52&ind=1

Does anyone out there have the CDRom? As a Le Mans nut I will inevitably be getting it anyway, but I will be interested to hear the view of anyone who already has it.

Cheers.

Old 24 Oct 2001, 20:50 (Ref:165020)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't we get all that stuff for free off the net?
Old 24 Oct 2001, 22:30 (Ref:165063)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could anyone who does have it please tell me if there is anything of note about Tim Lee Davey on it, text, pictures, anything.
Old 25 Oct 2001, 14:17 (Ref:165307)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't profess to be an expert, but I know a little about Le Mans. I've surfed just about every site I can find connected with the great race and I have yet to find a site which gives listings of every car and every driver from 1923 to 2000. If anyone would have this info, it would be the ACO, and its not on their site, as far as I know. (I guess they wouldn't have produced the CDRom if it was).
Old 25 Oct 2001, 14:23 (Ref:165312)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would also have thought that the ACO would have the right information. Many sites have anomalies surrounding who drove what within a team and some of their information is just plain wrong.
Old 26 Oct 2001, 19:18 (Ref:165975)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I forgot one site which does has a pretty comprehensive results listing - Stefan's Le Mans Register. (I don't know how I forgot it, I traded links with Stefan ages ago!).

If anyone does want to have a look, you will find it at:-

http://user.tninet.se/~aiq291w/index.htm

Old 2 Dec 2001, 17:33 (Ref:181323)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Remember this thread? Well, my missus asked me if I wanted anything for Christmas and being the man who has everything I said I wouldn't mind the ACO's CDRom. So it's on order. Supposed to be here in a couple of weeks - in good time for my Xmas pressie. (I was going to ask her for a Ferrari, or a Porsche or even a Viper, but I thought better of it).

Paulzinho - I'll let you know what it's like when I get it.
Old 3 Dec 2001, 21:26 (Ref:181851)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Thank you most kindly!!
Old 6 Dec 2001, 20:23 (Ref:183055)   #9
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With 800 photos, i am most definately interested in this CD. Hell, any photos you can get are manna. I am missing alot of photos from the Group C era, so this CD might just fill the breach. I hope whatever is on it can be read in English.

I wrote one of the model kit manufacturers in english trying to buy parts, and the response i got in english was that i needed to join their club so I could order and get club discounts and all the latest info in their newsletter. I wrote back in english and said sign me up, here is my visa number. They said in english you can't do it on the net, but she would send me the information and application in the mail. So, I say great, send it.

It came written in French.
Old 6 Dec 2001, 20:55 (Ref:183068)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Perhaps I could write a review when I get it?

By the way Doc, what cars from the Group C era are you after photos of? I've still got quite a lot (mostly taken at Le Mans, but a few at Silverstone and Brands) that I haven't posted on my site yet.
Old 6 Dec 2001, 23:06 (Ref:183121)   #11
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Perhaps I could write a review when I get it?

By the way Doc, what cars from the Group C era are you after photos of? I've still got quite a lot (mostly taken at Le Mans, but a few at Silverstone and Brands) that I haven't posted on my site yet.
Ah, just everything. I am compiling as much as I can get my hands on. I've swiped about as much as can find, but the net is still pretty big, so I know there is alot more out there. As a modeller, I can never get enough reference material.
Old 7 Dec 2001, 17:20 (Ref:183363)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In that case, I'll see what I can do.