Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 24 Apr 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3728919)   #26
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
IndyCar airs in the UK on BT Sport, I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
BTSport/ESPN. They have a good commentary team, including David Hobbs and no commercial breaks.
Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately that's a no go for me, as the only way to watch is either having BT Broadband or SkyTV, of which I have neither and certainly won't pay what they're asking. Eurosport allows you to watch via an app for a monthly fee (because that's the modern world), but not BT unfortunately.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3728978)   #27
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Newgarden! I thought that was a pretty good race even though I didn't record the last 5 laps!
Old 24 Apr 2017, 22:24 (Ref:3729004)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Sweeping the marbles rather than Pigot debris
In the box score under Caution Flags, it doesn't mention debris, so it looks like they spent 5 laps sweeping up marbles.
Old 26 Apr 2017, 00:28 (Ref:3729208)   #29
nezy37
Rookie

United States
wisconsin
nezy37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In the box score under Caution Flags, it doesn't mention debris, so it looks like they spent 5 laps sweeping up marbles.
Yeah, did the same in long Beach after the rossi failure. Not sure how I feel about it, cautions are way too long but sweeping up marbles makes it easier to get off line to pass. Kind of damned if you do damned if you dont.
Old 26 Apr 2017, 00:35 (Ref:3729211)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezy37 View Post
Yeah, did the same in long Beach after the rossi failure. Not sure how I feel about it, cautions are way too long but sweeping up marbles makes it easier to get off line to pass. Kind of damned if you do damned if you dont.
Plus a lot of damned marbles.
Old 26 Apr 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3729306)   #31
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
I've tuned in today, and oh my god:
The amount of passes was insane. It IS almost unbelieveble how racey this circuit is.
Do you think so? I got rather bored, as the top drivers could barely overtake each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately that's a no go for me, as the only way to watch is either having BT Broadband or SkyTV, of which I have neither and certainly won't pay what they're asking.
Have you tried pubs?
Old 26 Apr 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3729333)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Do you think so? I got rather bored, as the top drivers could barely overtake each other.

Have you tried pubs?
You might want to check that link.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 04:31 (Ref:3729413)   #33
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
3.8kms of marbles and last time I checked Indycars move faster under caution than street sweepers
Old 27 Apr 2017, 05:40 (Ref:3729421)   #34
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Naburu38: Probably because the leaders were strung out although Newgarden and Dixon had a good battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezy37 View Post
Rossi's car dumped oil along the frontstretch.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3729462)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
3.8kms of marbles and last time I checked Indycars move faster under caution than street sweepers
3.8kms of marbles. That's a lot of marbles.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3729470)   #36
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You might want to check that link.
Sorry, I mean this.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 10:43 (Ref:3729630)   #37
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
3.8kms of marbles. That's a lot of marbles.
It is - probably 4 laps worth of marbles
Old 3 May 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3730802)   #38
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I think they wanted to take an extra few laps to get through the pit window. Had they gone green a couple laps earlier, we might have had a lot of splash and goes at the end. I think that went into their decision.
Old 3 May 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3730812)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I think they wanted to take an extra few laps to get through the pit window. Had they gone green a couple laps earlier, we might have had a lot of splash and goes at the end. I think that went into their decision.
I would have much preferred some splash and dash, rather than cars droning around under the yellow.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 3 May 2017 at 19:13.
Old 3 May 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3730834)   #40
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I would have much preferred some splash and dash, rather than cars droning around under the yellow.
Me too, and if that was part of their decision, I don't like that they were manufacturing a finish. But for the spectacle of the ending, I think they would have rather not have had splashes for some cars and not others determining the end. And let's face it, if it came down to that, Dixon would have won for sure, anyway, lol.
Old 3 May 2017, 23:18 (Ref:3730872)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Me too, and if that was part of their decision, I don't like that they were manufacturing a finish. But for the spectacle of the ending, I think they would have rather not have had splashes for some cars and not others determining the end. And let's face it, if it came down to that, Dixon would have won for sure, anyway, lol.
Dixon, maybe.