Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old Yesterday, 16:45 (Ref:4057653)   #451
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
like mclaren, bentley is supposed to go full electric in near future so it fits much more in FE than lmdh... and also because, honestly... after porsche, audi and maybe lamborghini sharing same platform, a fourth rebadge of the same car would be ridiculous
From what Graham said it was a fully private venture anyway - not factory backed. So not a surprise they don't have a high order slot on the chassis production line.

In hindsight, very optimistic for year one, but there could be more possibilities of this nature in future years.
Old Yesterday, 16:49 (Ref:4057654)   #452
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
It wasn’t likely to go far without factory backing. Especially if the actual manufacturer didn’t consider LM a priority. I never thought it was going to happen this year anyway. We’ll just have to get through the next few years and see what happens
Old Yesterday, 18:05 (Ref:4057664)   #453
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
In keeping with the thread title, I am positively confused on the basis for the LMDH category. I understand they will be based off of a P2 tub, but is this one of the current generation cars, or the next gen P2 chassis? Because I still don't know what a next gen P2 car is. I have seen no announcements about the future of the class, but thought it was due for a refresh in 2022 or 2023.
Dallara: “Totally Different Grounds” With New Gen LMP2
Dallara looking to take lessons learned from first-gen LMP2 car into new 2024 contender…
Quote:
“I know the ACO guys and I believe everyone wants to see diversity,” Angelelli said. “I believe every one of us has learned a lesson.
“I think the next LMP2 generation will start from totally different grounds. I believe we’ll see representation from all four constructors.
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...5UZXw1_fMsSF-g
Old Yesterday, 19:20 (Ref:4057673)   #454
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Pandamasque should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Other than Oreca, all the other LMP2 cars were flawed in one way or another. Angelelli seems confident this wouldn't happen again, but he doesn't say why. Is he implying there'll be BoP in P2 now? I don't know if that's the solution, but it's quite clear that any concept of a prototype with arrested development (an oxymoron, I know) is likely to produce problematic machines. The one car that turned out just fine is the result of a development process that began before the rule set was even carried over to P2, and that development involved actual racing and a lot of troubleshooting. Who knew that having an exclusive opportunity to rehearse a job interview and knowing all the questions in advance may give you an edge vs. other candidates, right?

PS: I wonder how many separate articles can John Dagys produce in the coming weeks and months based on a single talk with Angelelli