Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Sep 2021, 18:35 (Ref:4076441)   #126
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Best of luck you guys, I used to love Spa
I remember years ago a certain Stirling Moss tried to chat my wife up in one of the restaurants
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Oct 2021, 08:42 (Ref:4076491)   #127
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Qualifying this afternoon sailed through scrutineering with only the lack of a second spring on the carb and red tape on the.positive battery terminal to employ. David.

Quick chat with team Ruston who qualified 2nd overall in their race. Trying to get #gilbertthegilbern trending on Instagram and twitter.
Old 1 Oct 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4076493)   #128
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Don't do instagram or twitter so can't help there, but all the best for qualy - hope your weather is better than here - we have strong winds and intermittent downpours!

Just turned over my calendar to find Mike celebrating his 70th - two weeks early, of course....
Old 1 Oct 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4076497)   #129
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck chaps…we will be monitoring from a distance!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Oct 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4076565)   #130
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://roadbook.alkamelsystems.com/
Old 1 Oct 2021, 20:09 (Ref:4076568)   #131
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We qualified 80th on 2.42, er sorry, 3 mins 20.
Old 1 Oct 2021, 20:12 (Ref:4076569)   #132
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
We qualified 80th on 2.42…….
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Oct 2021, 20:42 (Ref:4076571)   #133
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
We qualified 80th on 2.42, er sorry, 3 mins 20.
Blimey 2.42 ! I only managed to get under 3mins a few times in the Anglebox after a couple of pints of Larkins
This was one of them, I did manage to hang on for a tenth place though
Click image for larger version

Name:	spa start2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	697.6 KB
ID:	70872
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Oct 2021, 21:39 (Ref:4076575)   #134
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good luck chaps.

Interesting to see the Gilbern and Galaxie doing almost identical (in Spa terms) times. Iain one of not many people doing double duty this year.

Good luck to James O as well, just a little further up the grid. Quite a little Tenths' cluster!
Old 2 Oct 2021, 05:26 (Ref:4076625)   #135
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Morning all . Yes GP amazed that Gilbert and Galaxie share the same lap times. Myself , Pete and David are all much the same in times and can run that pace for the race . Looks like David will have the bad weather in his last stint along with myself in Galaxie . The car is going well and I hope my old mate is looking down and keeping a watchful eye on us .
Old 2 Oct 2021, 05:54 (Ref:4076627)   #136
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
They gang were putting the finishing touches to Mikes car when we visited.
Doing well!
The days show stopper was Stippler doing a 2 39 in the German GT40!
That’s quick!
Old 2 Oct 2021, 06:53 (Ref:4076632)   #137
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
A few minor jobs today. Pad and tyre change and bleed the brakes, then fill up and we are good to go.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 07:33 (Ref:4076634)   #138
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
They gang were putting the finishing touches to Mikes car when we visited.
Doing well!
The days show stopper was Stippler doing a 2 39 in the German GT40!
That’s quick!
He is a very quick driver, John, probably my best memory of a number of Revivals was his drive in a 250F Maserati. Fantastic.

Break a leg chaps.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 07:43 (Ref:4076636)   #139
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
He is a very quick driver, John, probably my best memory of a number of Revivals was his drive in a 250F Maserati. Fantastic.

Break a leg chaps.
Not to mention his outings in the Furiani Alfa GTA.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4076675)   #140
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
First drama . Pete had puncture . All changed in record time with the help o fellow Gilbern owner Sam Binfield . Galaxie going well just stoped for driver change
Old 2 Oct 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4076695)   #141
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well that was fun, to add to the drama I fell foul of oil at Blanchiment when a bunch of faster cars forced me off line. Quite a spin ensued but managed to get going again. Gilbert is quite a forgiving car.
Iain currently out there with no dramas. David up next.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4076698)   #142
Mary Bell
Rookie

Mary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMary Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow great work Peter. Make sure Iain keeps out of David's way in that huge Galaxie

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Oct 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4076699)   #143
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Good stint . Bit of rain and lots of oil . Fingers crossed we get to the end . The diff in wining it’s head off . Thumping headache . Just having a cuppa and then finish the Galaxie shift . Mary I’m in the Galaxie not David . If anyone can bring Gilbert home MG Dave is the man . ?
Old 2 Oct 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4076702)   #144
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Good stint . Bit of rain and lots of oil . Fingers crossed we get to the end . The diff in wining it’s head off . Thumping headache . Just having a cuppa and then finish the Galaxie shift . Mary I’m in the Galaxie not David . If anyone can bring Gilbert home MG Dave is the man . ?
Whoops, you are still in Gilbert according to live timing! (as at lap72 with 1 hour 10 mins left.)
Old 2 Oct 2021, 19:46 (Ref:4076711)   #145
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
47th on the leader board with 10 mins to go as I read it, c'est magnifique!

Last edited by justracing; 2 Oct 2021 at 19:58.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4076712)   #146
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Great result, well done to all!
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Oct 2021, 20:19 (Ref:4076717)   #147
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done boys! Hope it wasn't as wet & windy as it is here.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 20:26 (Ref:4076718)   #148
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Happy team . P47 Gilbern and P52 Galaxie . First time in 2 1/2 years and I’m having a beer . ?
Old 2 Oct 2021, 20:28 (Ref:4076719)   #149
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great result! Well done to all involved.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 20:48 (Ref:4076722)   #150
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great result 47th out of 80 cars, with slowest of all best lap time - shows importance of consistency & reliability - Mike would be impressed