Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2021, 23:05 (Ref:4050414)   #1
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Carlos Reutemann

Former Formula 1 racer Carlos Reutemann has been admitted to the intensive care section of an Argentinian hospital after suffering from digestive bleeding, with his condition said to be worsening.
Reutemann has been facing previous severe health issues in recent years, being diagnosed with liver cancer in 2017. He underwent surgery in New York later that year to remove a liver tumour and has continued to struggle with his health ever since, making few public appearances.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 May 2021, 00:18 (Ref:4050418)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Haven’t heard from Carlos for quite a while, so thanks for letting us know. Sad to hear he’s not well, sending my best wishes to him and his family
Old 9 May 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4050488)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Thanks Gordon, sad to hear Lole is suffering.

Wishing him all the best.
Old 11 May 2021, 06:31 (Ref:4050978)   #4
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Indeed . 79, Christ but it seems -and is - a helluva long time since we kipped in the car and saw him win the next day at Brands in '78 . Along with Peter Revson , a man who was blessed with almost cartoon-like good looks.
Old 3 Jun 2021, 13:16 (Ref:4054443)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just an update on Reutemann...

As we are aware he was in intensive care recently suffering from a number of issues, apparently internal bleeding and complications stemming from his battle with liver cancer.

His recent troubles seemed to have been overcome, and I saw photos of him posted by his daughter showing him sitting up in bed reading the newspaper in a normal (non ICU) ward. He was released from hospital to continue his recovery at home....

It seems there has now been further complications.

He is certainly back in intensive care , having as mentioned been discharged from hospital two weeks ago to continue his recovery at home.

Less than two weeks after being discharged from hospital, Carlos Reutemann is now back in intensive care. It seems he reported back to hospital earlier in the week feeling unwell. He was reported to be suffering from dehydration and a 'feverish condition'. He is under observation in intensive care undergoing further tests with the prognosis 'reserved'. Hopefully the 'Reserved' prognosis becomes something more positive after the tests have been concluded.

Quote:
The health of the senator and former Formula 1 driver Carlos Alberto Reutemann suffered again:
Due to a feverish condition that affected his general condition, he had to be admitted to intensive care in a sanatorium in the city of Santa Fe, which he had admitted last Monday for presenting symptoms of dehydration.

“ Yesterday afternoon, Senator Carlos Reutemann presented a feverish situation with repercussions on his general condition. Faced with this new complication, it was decided to transfer him to the Intensive Care Unit of this institution. His prognosis is reserved and diagnostic studies continue to be carried out ”, it was stated in the official medical report, signed by Sebastián del Pazo, coordinator of the Sanatorio Santa Fe Clinical Department.
https://www.infobae.com/politica/202...box=1622646452
Old 3 Jun 2021, 13:32 (Ref:4054446)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Indeed . 79, Christ but it seems -and is - a helluva long time since we kipped in the car and saw him win the next day at Brands in '78 . Along with Peter Revson , a man who was blessed with almost cartoon-like good looks.
I was on South bank and witnessed the infamous Bruno Giacomelli incident.
Old 3 Jun 2021, 23:03 (Ref:4054520)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
As of last time, wishing my best to him and his family. A great driver and a great man
Old 7 Jul 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4060316)   #8
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Sad new today: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ed-79/6627361/
Old 7 Jul 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4060322)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Descanse en paz, Lole
Old 7 Jul 2021, 18:30 (Ref:4060323)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad news indeed. RIP.
Old 7 Jul 2021, 19:40 (Ref:4060333)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very sad to hear. I was privileged to meet him on a number of occasions R.I.P.
Old 7 Jul 2021, 22:49 (Ref:4060338)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad news.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 06:03 (Ref:4060360)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup very sad news. RIP
Old 8 Jul 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4060363)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Rest in peace.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 08:46 (Ref:4060378)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

Sad news. RIP Lole
Old 8 Jul 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4060426)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
**** Cancer!

Rip.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4060502)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
**** Cancer!

Rip.

From what I think I read, he recovered from the cancer, but caught something else that weakened him
Old 9 Jul 2021, 12:21 (Ref:4060506)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair fair. Just going going by what i have read here...he had a tumor removed from his liver in 2017 and his health has deteriorated since then but yeah i have no idea if his recent health issues were connected to his previous cancer diagnosis.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4060514)   #19
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice tribute... Memories of Carlos Reutemann by Peter Windsor. I found it interesting and covers interests outside F1 and more.
https://youtu.be/0Rutrx5yLjA
Old 9 Jul 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4060522)   #20
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Was saddened to read about this in the Times today.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4060552)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Nice tribute... Memories of Carlos Reutemann by Peter Windsor. I found it interesting and covers interests outside F1 and more.
https://youtu.be/0Rutrx5yLjA

Very good tribute by a man who knew him more than most