Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 May 2002, 09:43 (Ref:279264)   #1
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last Years Jag

Is it me or is last years Jag running better this year. I hear that last years cars are lighter but Caroll is doing at great job with it.

Did many if any of the Jag engineers move across with the cars when they where bought?
Old 7 May 2002, 15:24 (Ref:279506)   #2
flange-tastic
Rookie

flange-tastic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All of jags cars and equip were just jamed in the truck and sweeny hoper bought the lot! so they have all last years data and set ups! But b class cars have to carry extra weight so should be slower!
Carrol however went 1.5 secs faster than lotterer did last year and over 2 secs fater than courney did, so im thinking that some things no right there.
Silly really, because they are going to get caught one day and i think that carrols a good driver and should win b class anyway! but theres no way he should be that fast!!

its just not posible for a driver to meke that much of a differance!
Old 7 May 2002, 15:30 (Ref:279509)   #3
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the reasons that the car is so fast is that they can run a engine map of circa 1998. This map alledgedly will give the engine both launch control characteristics and advances the ignition timing at point in the rev band which can give the car a 'boost'.

All of which are totally legal as a Scholarship car is effectively a 3 year old car...

Also remember the Jag was a pretty well sorted car by the end of last year it was just a case that the team etc all lost heart and there was at least one muppet driving it.
Old 7 May 2002, 15:45 (Ref:279519)   #4
flange-tastic
Rookie

Rubbish!
I cant see there being such a thing as a super map, the cars are so finely tuned its not posible! and it would be illegal as that map would only be legal on a 98 car not a 99 car! allso they dont police the mapping!

Allso there is no such thing as a team losing heart! if they give up their reputations go down hill so they will allways be trying to improve the car! as for the drivers being muppets well thats just stupid! both won a race both were allways in the top ten and and both were of a very high standard!
The only muppets out there last year were the likes of Pete Nielson and jamie spence (the slow and the crazy)
Old 7 May 2002, 15:46 (Ref:279520)   #5
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
Well they seemed to have got a good thing going what ever it is!
Don't remember seeing Scholarship performances like that for a while.
Old 7 May 2002, 15:50 (Ref:279526)   #6
flange-tastic
Rookie

well thats what i mean! it just doesnt happen! and for a reason!

And if there is a super map why isnt his team mate up there as well?????
Old 7 May 2002, 15:58 (Ref:279529)   #7
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
Quote:
Originally posted by flange-tastic

Allso there is no such thing as a team losing heart! if they give up their reputations go down hill so they will allways be trying to improve the car!
Yes that may be the case but the question that must be asked then is where are Jaguar F3 now

there performance did seem to faulter once the powers that be had decided to pool the plug on there F3 Team

As for the comments about there drivers being muppets I'm affraid I'll have to disagree. Both drivers are extremly talented, although I think the R3 could do with a slightly more experienced development driver then lotterer and Courtney needs to stop passing the blame.

I wasn't to keen on his comments about why he retired from the 1st race on sunday. So his gone down in my books (not that he'll loose any sleep over it though)
Old 7 May 2002, 17:05 (Ref:279592)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not any muppet can drive a race car quickly, even one which may have been a little more sorted than the rest last year. i assume sato's team were running the same sort of tweaks, cue evidence about flaming rear ends when changing down at druids at brands, etc.

mind you, i suppose it's not in their interests to keep the cars with any add ons, where as jag didn't have any reason not to give them any technology. did the staff follow the cars and trailer?
Old 7 May 2002, 23:18 (Ref:279849)   #9
flange-tastic
Rookie

no the staff didnt follow!

Bennyboy, i know what you mean but from an engineer and driver point of view their reputations could be effected!
can you imagine courtney thinking " oh well this team isnt here next year i might as well back off!" No! Well it's a simaler thing with engineers!
all though i admit not so much mechanics!
Old 8 May 2002, 20:41 (Ref:280557)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but this talk takes away some of the acheivement that Carroll has got this year . And that cant be fair , as Adam has done a fantastic effort so far this year .
Old 8 May 2002, 22:28 (Ref:280610)   #11
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Courtney cam't be too much of a muppet. In his first ever F1 test, he was quicker than the golden-haired Brit, Jenson Button.
Old 8 May 2002, 22:32 (Ref:280613)   #12
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skippy is quick there is no doubt - Great little tester/Qualifier however he seems to have a problem racing... Seems to be easily rattled..

Last edited by rlinter; 8 May 2002 at 22:33.
Old 9 May 2002, 09:18 (Ref:280796)   #13
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
wasn't his 1st f1 test last year while Jenson was driving a dog of a bennetton.

But yeah he is quick although as I've mentioned before he is under quite a lot of pressure which he has admitted is now getting to him a little, but once he starts to win a few more races he should cruise along nicely
Old 9 May 2002, 20:14 (Ref:281275)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the only thing that bothers me about Courtney is that as soon as he gets rattled ( which seems quite often ) he drives in any manner that takes his fancy , i still remember him and Taylor at the Festival the other year .
Old 10 May 2002, 08:56 (Ref:281600)   #15
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
Courtney at the festival was terrible driving he didn't do himself any favours. He was constantly making contact with davidson all through the final race and then finally took taylor and himself out leaving Danica Patrick to pick up the spoils (what ever happened to her?)

Its abit of a shame really cos he has proven that his quick with his qualifing runs although it would be intresting to see how he does if he gets to F1 though
Old 10 May 2002, 09:55 (Ref:281657)   #16
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
I heard Danica was doing some sportscar stuff in the states at some point this year .
Old 12 May 2002, 12:38 (Ref:283196)   #17
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First win on the board for James - Now he will show you knockers what he can do!!!
Old 12 May 2002, 13:18 (Ref:283216)   #18
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey aussie_f3 - in the Uk 'knockers' has a double meaning but we'll let you off!!!
Old 12 May 2002, 21:45 (Ref:284246)   #19
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

has the same double meaning here....most have the comments against James have come from "boobs".....!!!!

My prediction....James first with daylight second for the rest of the season!! GO YOU GOOD THING!!!
Old 12 May 2002, 22:02 (Ref:284261)   #20
ukracing
Racer

ukracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Courtney for the rest of the season, he only needed a win and I think he is now unstoppable, Carlin will be domainte look at race 2 result for a carlin domaince. Carlin cars finished 1st 2nd 4th and 5th! Its going to be a one way street.