Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 Jul 2020, 23:26 (Ref:3989846)   #76
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Lunacy it probably was but I was glued to watching his come back through the field, he really is astonishing to watch, if and when he quits Moto GP he could hone his scrambling skills in motocross or whatever it's called these days.
He's been moto crossing for years and still does off season although Honda don't like it. He also does the stadium flat track events like several of the other top riders do to hone their skills at drifting. It was bound to happen sometime considering how many times he crashes throughout the season when finding the limit in practice. Of course this isn't his first broken bones and probably won't be his last !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Jul 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3989984)   #77
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Marquez's surgery has been completed with no nerve damage found so that makes his road back more straightforward. He is aiming to return at Brno in early August.

Got to say the save that Marquez made early in the race was just outrageous. Love him or hate him the guy has talent beyond human.

Cal Crutchlow has also had a successful surgery and will ride in Friday practice to determine his race fitness for Sunday
Old 25 Jul 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3990681)   #78
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well I was amazed that Marquez rode in free practice this morning, obviously he isn't feeling "brand new" and took it easy. I was surprised that he was passed as fit enough !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Jul 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3990683)   #79
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He sat out practice yesterday, we’ll see if that has any benefit
Old 25 Jul 2020, 10:27 (Ref:3990688)   #80
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well I was amazed that Marquez rode in free practice this morning, obviously he isn't feeling "brand new" and took it easy. I was surprised that he was passed as fit enough !
Me too, passion is one thing but maybe trying to compete this weekend is step too far. Cal's wrist injury is also very troublesome and Alex Rins has to be a non starter. Disappointing for all of us but at least Suzy Perry is on duty! Really hoping for good results for John Mac, the cut and thrust of Moto 3 is incredible and Sam Lowes is looking quick this weekend
Old 25 Jul 2020, 10:56 (Ref:3990692)   #81
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Regarding riding with injuries, back in the 70s/80s when I swapped to 2 wheels and was doing Motocross we used to travel to see the world championships. I used to follow Hakan Carlqvist who one year when trying to defend the championship rode with his broken leg in plaster ! I also remember when he said that he "had a dream" in that he was so far ahead in a race that he stopped on the last lap and had a beer and still won the race ! I was there when he actually did it at Namur in the Belgian MXGP !!! Rip Carla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch3tNHw8uBk
Old 25 Jul 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3990694)   #82
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! That's a memory.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 11:25 (Ref:3990695)   #83
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
I can't come close to that but at least I can claim to have been at Jerez.oh lord just worked out it was 30 years ago for F1 - very hot and lots of Fino, not a good mixture.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 13:58 (Ref:3990707)   #84
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Marquez did a few laps in P4, but come Q1 he only did an outlap and retired to the Motorhome. As qualy finished it was confirmed Marc would take no further part in the weekend. He had not looked comfortable all the laps he did, and I think the DNS is a common sense decision. Brother Alex crashed in Q1 and will start the race last.

Up front it was all Vinales and Quarteraro, the latter snagging pole when Vinales had his best lap deleted for track limits. Old man Rossi on the second row looked a lot quicker and more comfortable than last weekend.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 11:38 (Ref:3990828)   #85
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bizarre end to the Moto 2 race, when the two Sky46 riders got together whilst celebrating their 2nd and 3rd place podium finish, on the slowdown lap and both ended up in the dirt with bent bikes.

MotoGP premier class now and Marquez has called it a day after a troubled and painful attempt to return this weekend as mentioned above. So he decided to not race and will aim for a return at Brno. Got to say he tried as hard as he could to come back, but at the end of the day had to listen to his body's complaints.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 11:56 (Ref:3990836)   #86
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Bizarre end to the Moto 2 race, when the two Sky46 riders got together whilst celebrating their 2nd and 3rd place podium finish, on the slowdown lap and both ended up in the dirt with bent bikes.
I remember Simoncelli winning in MoTo3 years back who fell off the back pulling a wheelie on the slowing down lap. Right just settling down to watch the main event
Old 26 Jul 2020, 15:04 (Ref:3990877)   #87
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Well the doctor still has it! Very impressive ride from VR particularly in those temperatures but Fabio Q had it sown up from the start but what the hell is going on with Rossi's team mate? he seems to have reverted back to his format of quitting half through the race and then making a comeback at the end. How those guys ride 25 laps in that heat is beyond me.
Great scrap in Moto 3 as usual with John Mac riding a measured race but what happened to Lowes in Moto 2, all that pace that he showed in qualy and warm up seems to disappear.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 16:08 (Ref:3990888)   #88
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I remember Simoncelli winning in MoTo3 years back who fell off the back pulling a wheelie on the slowing down lap. Right just settling down to watch the main event
Hehehe I remember Max Biaggi doing almost the same once, going all but over backwards as he crossed the line, coming down with a huge bump and almost off. Barry Sheene doing our commentary had quite a laugh about it.

Here is the wheelie, sadly not with Barry's comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ysdguQwNoU
Old 27 Jul 2020, 07:06 (Ref:3990959)   #89
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yep .. still life in the old dog
shame for Bagnaia .. it was really impressive

@Max's wheelie .. it was @Brno

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Aug 2020, 16:23 (Ref:3992438)   #90
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brno 1998, shame of it was he didn't fall off, most hated man int he paddock they would still be laughing now!
Old 2 Aug 2020, 19:58 (Ref:3992561)   #91
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Brno 1998, shame of it was he didn't fall off, most hated man int he paddock they would still be laughing now!
Yep, I can see him putting the boot in mid corner even now, detestable character.
Old 9 Aug 2020, 13:06 (Ref:3994002)   #92
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Great first wins for Brad Binder and KTM.

Well done to both!
Old 9 Aug 2020, 20:15 (Ref:3994279)   #93
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Great first wins for Brad Binder and KTM.

Well done to both!
I second that ! How the mighty Honda have fallen, and the Ducati works team !
Old 9 Aug 2020, 21:05 (Ref:3994292)   #94
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
"Ride it like you stole it!", I rather suspected that Brad Binder's arrival at KTM combined with them concentrating their efforts in the top class might bring about some good results but this was pretty sensational even with MM's absence. What did surprise me that his tyres lasted given his early pace but it's great to see an exciting talent like Binder making it through the ranks, I did think that the exuberance may have been a little tamed from Moto2 but clearly KTM have given him his head. Just wondering if this is perhaps a record? a win in only his 3rd race. Pity about his team mate getting taken out or was he just blind sided, either way KTM mean business.
Old 12 Aug 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3994928)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Binder really has announced his arrival, let’s see if he can keep up this performance till the end

The Zarco/Espagaro incident seemed just that, a racing incident. Riders are going to go for gaps like that always.

Dovi and Ducati off the pace, let’s hope they find the right set up this weekend
Old 16 Aug 2020, 12:24 (Ref:3995719)   #96
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Holy ****, what a crash. Vinales and Rossi are sooo lucky they weren't hit by that debris.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 14:42 (Ref:3995737)   #97
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I think that Dovi had to prove a point, I wonder what he will do next year ? and yes two nasty crashes today that could have been a lot lot worse and one will no doubt be looked into regarding track safety for future MotoGP meetings. However motor racing has always been dangerous (although a lot safer now) and will always be as speeds increase year on year.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 20:48 (Ref:3995838)   #98
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Yep, very nasty crash - the potential consequences really don't bear thinking about but a thoroughly deserved win for Dovi and some great rides from the Suzuki boys, shame about Rins spill. This is turning out to be quite a championship with some real dark horses coming to the fore, can't wait for next weekend's instalment
Old 17 Aug 2020, 08:42 (Ref:3995902)   #99
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Well done to Dovi, some great racing.

Can't believe how Pol Espargoro threw a tantrum and ended up taking himself out.

Another good race by Brad Binder 17th to 4th.

Rossi very lucky to avoid Morbidelli's bike.

I think Mr Zarco should have some very difficult questions to answer.
He has totally cut Morbidelli's line and then jumped on the brakes, not acceptable behaviour!

Video of Zarco's work and the subsequent carnage here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQDJs_Peqo
Old 17 Aug 2020, 11:21 (Ref:3995939)   #100
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This championship is turning into a great thriller. Easily the most exciting top level championship (F1, MotoGP, SBK, WEC) this year.