Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 17 Aug 2020, 17:45 (Ref:3996037)   #101
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
This championship is turning into a great thriller. Easily the most exciting top level championship (F1, MotoGP, SBK, WEC) this year.
All they had to do was cripple their top talent!
Old 17 Aug 2020, 18:04 (Ref:3996042)   #102
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
All they had to do was cripple their top talent!
...I concur that the absence of Mr. Márquez has of course opened the door wide open for other talent, but surely nobody else than himself can be blamed for that, would you not agree...?
Old 17 Aug 2020, 19:31 (Ref:3996053)   #103
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
...I concur that the absence of Mr. Márquez has of course opened the door wide open for other talent, but surely nobody else than himself can be blamed for that, would you not agree...?
Agreed!

Sad not to have him around but undeniably far more interesting now.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 21:04 (Ref:3996072)   #104
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Agreed!

Sad not to have him around but undeniably far more interesting now.
It certainly is as I think most of us were expecting Quartararo to run away with it like Marquez used to, although I think he might start getting his act together after last weekends result.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Aug 2020, 21:27 (Ref:3996077)   #105
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I wonder if Marquez will ride at all this year ? I had heard via a Spanish friend that he severally damaged his already broken arm training at Motocrossing ! It could be a load of b******s of course but I know he does like riding his dirt bike between races.
He put this picture on his site that shows that it was more than a slight break !
Click image for larger version

Name:	0_JS215985829.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	63494
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Aug 2020, 22:52 (Ref:3996085)   #106
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He really should just sit out the year and get fully healed.
Old 17 Aug 2020, 23:36 (Ref:3996091)   #107
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
OUCH! That is a nasty break.

Looking at the above, if he doesn't behave himself he could end his career injuring that again. He needs to take it easy for a bit and give the bone a chance to callous and heal, otherwise he is going to end up with a false joint and a bone graft which will take a whole bunch more time to get right.

^^^^ He really should just sit out the year and get fully healed. by Knowlesy above.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 00:34 (Ref:3996103)   #108
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I put this on a little while back to show what a "nutter" he is .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MqW958C1I This shows him winter training at Rocco's Ranch at the Barcelona circuit. It also shows just how much better he is at Motocross than his brother !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgRRHYQ5Ir4&t=452s

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 18 Aug 2020 at 00:55.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 00:53 (Ref:3996105)   #109
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I put this on a little while back to show what a "nutter" he is .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MqW958C1I
I remember that!

I stand in awe of MM, but his surgeon needs to sit him down, slap him on the side of his head and explain to him that by not respecting this injury and giving himself time to heal he is in danger of ending his career!

He can push through the pain, which must be immense, but he cannot get around the healing time on this! Not too many one armed MotoGP champions, and its darned inconvenient.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 07:27 (Ref:3996144)   #110
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Saw the highlights on Quest last night, what a ride by Dovi, especially after him being dropped by Ducati for 2021. This is his big chance to take the title and stick it to them. Good recovery from Fabio too after his earlier off

The Zarco/Morbidelli crash was terrifying, Rossi was one lucky boy there. It was all reminiscent of the Heidfeld/Sato crash at the same corner in the 2002 F1 GP

Glad the riders involved in the Moto2 crash are ok
Old 18 Aug 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3996150)   #111
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Saw the highlights on Quest last night, what a ride by Dovi, especially after him being dropped by Ducati for 2021. This is his big chance to take the title and stick it to them.
I think there's more to it than "being dropped by Ducati" this has been going on for a fair time
Old 18 Aug 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3996260)   #112
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would take a lot of these pictures with a pinch of salt, unless they come from official Honda or MM sources they are usually fake.

regarding Dovi, he was asking for silly money, so he put himself in a tough situation and basically bolted before he was asked to take a pay cut
Old 18 Aug 2020, 18:23 (Ref:3996278)   #113
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
You can't believe that this bike went between Maverick and Valentino, obviously "Lady luck" was looking down on them. It's no wonder that Rossi looked terrified back in the pits !!!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (430).png
Views:	3
Size:	754.4 KB
ID:	63496
Old 18 Aug 2020, 23:25 (Ref:3996331)   #114
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
You can't believe that this bike went between Maverick and Valentino, obviously "Lady luck" was looking down on them. It's no wonder that Rossi looked terrified back in the pits !!!!
Attachment 63496
I think he missed Zarco's bike a split second later by less.

Hope he bought a Lottery ticket on the way home!

If that gravel trap had been properly turned over/ ploughed and furrowed before hand it would have prevented this.
It is just a gravel road.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 23:54 (Ref:3996335)   #115
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I think he missed Zarco's bike a split second later by less.

Hope he bought a Lottery ticket on the way home!

If that gravel trap had been properly turned over/ ploughed and furrowed before hand it would have prevented this.
It is just a gravel road.
Agreed, Zarco's bike kept upright for the whole of the gravel trap and only fell over when it got to the bank at the side of the track. I have several times seen riderless bikes keeping upright on the circuit because of the gyroscopic effect of the wheels but never in the kitty litter !
I was amazed at how the guy in Moto2 that hit the bike on the track wasn't more injured (or worse). Bike racing like car racing has certainly got safer over the years and that is a good thing. Obviously the airbag suits that they have to wear in this series is another real step forward.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 19 Aug 2020 at 00:17.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 08:29 (Ref:3996372)   #116
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Rossi might have spent some time in a dark one after that close shave. It would have been so very different had that riderless bike came a second later
Old 20 Aug 2020, 00:07 (Ref:3996571)   #117
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Agreed, Zarco's bike kept upright for the whole of the gravel trap and only fell over when it got to the bank at the side of the track. I have several times seen riderless bikes keeping upright on the circuit because of the gyroscopic effect of the wheels but never in the kitty litter !
I was amazed at how the guy in Moto2 that hit the bike on the track wasn't more injured (or worse). Bike racing like car racing has certainly got safer over the years and that is a good thing. Obviously the airbag suits that they have to wear in this series is another real step forward.
That Moto2 crash was horrible, watching the bike lying in the middle of the track and hoping nobody would hit it was butt clenching, and then the horror of watching someone make a beeline for the stricken bike! Horrible crash! Unbelievable both riders escaped being badly injured or as you say worse. Could also so easily been hit themselves whilst lying on the track.

Everyone was really lucky this weekend, thank goodness.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 20:54 (Ref:3996750)   #118
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Johann Zarco has been ruled out of practice at the Styrian Grand Prix on Friday but could still race this weekend, he underwent surgery on Wednesday after breaking a bone in his right wrist in that huge crash.
Old 21 Aug 2020, 00:16 (Ref:3996776)   #119
wnut
Veteran

Stewards still to rule on the crash.

Morbidelli's take on the accident with Zarco in Austria.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/94...zarco-comments
Old 21 Aug 2020, 01:44 (Ref:3996778)   #120
wnut
Veteran

Interesting take on the Zarco Morbidelli crash from Crutchlow and Bradley Smith.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/94...was-going-wide

"The guy he just passed was on the outside of him. Even if they hadn’t made contact he was going to put Morbidelli in the gravel. In which case it probably could have ended up worse than it actually did.

"As riders, making a move is ok. But you know what’s going to happen has a knock-on effect. And that always makes you decide whether you are going to go for it or not.
Smith.
Old 21 Aug 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3996808)   #121
S griffin
Veteran

They’ve put in a wall before turn 3 to prevent the near miss Rossi had
Old 21 Aug 2020, 18:09 (Ref:3996913)   #122
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
They’ve put in a wall before turn 3 to prevent the near miss Rossi had
I suppose they had to do something a bit quick otherwise the riders would probably have voted not to ride .I wonder if there have been any similar car "incidences" at that corner in the past ? although a car would normally bog down in the sand. Saying that I was at Brands Hatch today and a big "Yank Tank" managed to get to the barrier and destroy itself at Paddock bend

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 21 Aug 2020 at 18:15.
Old 21 Aug 2020, 23:00 (Ref:3996964)   #123
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Pol Espargaro fast again on the KTM, it would be good if he could win this weekend.
Old 22 Aug 2020, 08:47 (Ref:3997011)   #124
S griffin
Veteran

Zarco if he races will start from the pitlane
Old 22 Aug 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3997023)   #125
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
I suppose they had to do something a bit quick otherwise the riders would probably have voted not to ride .I wonder if there have been any similar car "incidences" at that corner in the past ? although a car would normally bog down in the sand. Saying that I was at Brands Hatch today and a big "Yank Tank" managed to get to the barrier and destroy itself at Paddock bend
I find myself a long way off current sand trap preparation, they should be so soft they are difficult to walk through, and furrowed parallel to the direction of travel 6" to 8" crests. Will stop anything. Personally tried the design multiple times at over 250 kph - getting the stones out of everything is hell, but they absolutely work!

Current practice is just build a gravel road and pretty much nothing stops until it hits the wall and often even bounces back across the trap onto the track, can't be good.

I have heard all the arguments about rolling, and recovery etc. but imo they just don't stack up.