Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:41 (Ref:4006733)   #51
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The horseshoe must be at home.
Yep lol!

Must say im a bit confused on when he has to take these penalties though.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:42 (Ref:4006734)   #52
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Meanwhile the gamer crew down the back seem to be having a bit of a ding-dong.
gamer crew
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:43 (Ref:4006735)   #53
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does Hamilton think he's Freddie Mercury?

"Do not stop me now"
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:43 (Ref:4006736)   #54
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Hamilton throwing a fit by going faster.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:44 (Ref:4006737)   #55
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
There has been a bunch of support series and 2 other days of running...
Right so done some digging. Basically Hamilton did a practice start, went back in and came out/ did another practice start in the same place. They only showed the second one hence there being tyre marks on the road already!

Suprised by the penalty though, since it’s discretionary and didn’t break any rules, just went against the race directors notes and Hamilton asked his team, I’d have thought a fine for the team?

Take it on the chin I suppose!
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:47 (Ref:4006740)   #56
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton takes the penalty and comes out 11th. This could be interesting, again, like the last race!
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:48 (Ref:4006741)   #57
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Strange for Merc to make a mistake like that.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:48 (Ref:4006742)   #58
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Right so done some digging. Basically Hamilton did a practice start, went back in and came out/ did another practice start in the same place. They only showed the second one hence there being tyre marks on the road already!

Suprised by the penalty though, since it’s discretionary and didn’t break any rules, just went against the race directors notes and Hamilton asked his team, I’d have thought a fine for the team?

Take it on the chin I suppose!
You can't just say fines for "going against the race director", because things like track limits and the chicane at T2 are not covered by any rules - they are covered by the race directors instructions. So using that, ignoring track limits would just be fines and stuff.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:49 (Ref:4006743)   #59
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
2nd race this season where he has not followed/read the race directors notes?
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:53 (Ref:4006746)   #60
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
This from Twitter made me laugh:

Quote:
BuT BONo wHy dID wE HaVE to ChANGe MY TyrEs
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:54 (Ref:4006749)   #61
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
2nd race this season where he has not followed/read the race directors notes?
But how much will it really matter? Unless something crazy happends he will finish 3rd, maybe even 2nd.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:56 (Ref:4006751)   #62
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
But how much will it really matter? Unless something crazy happends he will finish 3rd, maybe even 2nd.
How much will it change, apart from the winner?
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:58 (Ref:4006753)   #63
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
In part, that is down to LHs ability to recover.

I have a feeling his tires will be shot by the end. May even need another stop.

Something to watch for anyways.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:02 (Ref:4006755)   #64
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
How much will it change, apart from the winner?
I was thinking in context of the championship, but you could argue it had an effect on the possible winner

That said, I am surprised Mercedes/Hamilton makes that kind of mistake. If nothing else, it might gives us a fight between Hamilton and Verstappen.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:03 (Ref:4006756)   #65
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Merc radio to Bottas "Make up the gap to Lewis". Bottas' race to lose now
Definitely the case now!
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:06 (Ref:4006757)   #66
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
5s penalty for Ricciardo now, too.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:06 (Ref:4006758)   #67
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Race Directors instructions: If you miss the corner, then drive 300ft over here and do this corner
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:07 (Ref:4006759)   #68
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Race Directors instructions: If you miss the corner, then drive 300ft over here and do this corner
Addendum: you must traverse the polystyrene chicane at 300 mph and pass the wall no further away than 300 nanometres.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:09 (Ref:4006760)   #69
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Ocon didn't make it really easy for him, but pretty dumb mistake by Ricciardo.

Albon changed his Hards already, it would seem Hamilton is in for a challenge to keep his tires alive.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:10 (Ref:4006761)   #70
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Addendum: you must traverse the polystyrene chicane at 300 mph and pass the wall no further away than 300 nanometres.
I love it. The chicane is so far away from the track that you have to abandon the corner super early to even get to it. So it encourages you to leave the track. And the chicane is so fast that it causes accidents at worst and spits cars out into the pack at best.

But it wouldn't be F1 if there wasn't an unrequired over-engineered solution that didn't really work that no other series needs.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:14 (Ref:4006763)   #71
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
If the wall was just behind the kerb then I feel that corner would be dealt with rather differently by all the drivers. Tracks with next to no run-off demand respect.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:16 (Ref:4006764)   #72
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
What a difference a couple of weeks make. Mugello, hardly heard of penalties. Russian car park...seems like there’s something every lap
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:17 (Ref:4006766)   #73
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
What a difference a couple of weeks make. Mugello, hardly heard of penalties. Russian car park...seems like there’s something every lap
#bringbackthegraveltraps
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:19 (Ref:4006767)   #74
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
We are not seing him alot, but Perez is driving a fine race in 4th.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 12:23 (Ref:4006769)   #75
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
#bringbackthegraveltraps
Ain’t that the truth. I actually quite like the circuit but turn 2 needs sorting. They’ve had some silly solutions over the years on that corner.....simple solution would be a gravel trap and would resolve all the track limits BS