Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Oct 2017, 11:07 (Ref:3774822)   #3121
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
They are not because 1 or 2 years old spare cars could be sold to other teams.
That does not make them relevant to the point being made.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3774894)   #3122
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Actually GM had a direct involment only for WTR, and there are more than 3 cadillac dpi around. 5 at least, this year AXR fielded three cars after the #31 long beach crash.

Anyway sell chassis and spare parts to private teams is the main business for companies like oreca and onroak. GM uses racing to promote their brands. That's why to me will be very tricky for other teams to put their hands on a cadillac dpi..... even for SoD.
One reason the Caddilac is not available is that the Dallara is not available for purchase until it receives its upgrade.
Old 19 Oct 2017, 01:19 (Ref:3774954)   #3123
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
[cough, cough....]

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14511...ch-to-cadillac
Old 19 Oct 2017, 02:19 (Ref:3774959)   #3124
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm sure they're weighing all options so to say the Cadillac is available because MP has changed his story again is about as accurate as they are weighing running a Riley again too.
Old 19 Oct 2017, 03:08 (Ref:3774965)   #3125
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But this allows to present this point: Is it better to have a naturally better car or is it more important to be the best team using a specific car?
Old 19 Oct 2017, 13:21 (Ref:3775035)   #3126
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Since the category will be pretty evenly matched, I guess the best way for gm to compete with Honda, Mazda, and Nissan is to increase their numbers.
Old 19 Oct 2017, 13:51 (Ref:3775040)   #3127
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
Let's hope Acura, Mazda and Nissan will follow suit in '19.

That Ligier update better be good!
Old 19 Oct 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3775061)   #3128
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Job opening for a designer/engineer for a motorsports project at a "confidential" plant in Belvidere, Illinois.

That's the FIAT/Chrysler plant.

They currently just build the Jeep Cherokee there, and they've started construction on a testing facility. Perfect cover for an Indycar or DPi project. Someone I'm close with is adamant it's an Alfa DPi project.
That project could also be Nascar, drifting, rallycross, off-road trucks...
Old 19 Oct 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3775079)   #3129
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
That project could also be Nascar, drifting, rallycross, off-road trucks...
They've been out of Nascar for a while now and wouldn't see them coming back. Rallycross is intriguing, but isn't GRC, or one of those series, going to battery electric cars in the near future?
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 02:46 (Ref:3775138)   #3130
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
They've been out of Nascar for a while now and wouldn't see them coming back. Rallycross is intriguing, but isn't GRC, or one of those series, going to battery electric cars in the near future?
Electric classes will become a part of paddocks in GRC and WRX in the next few years, but I've heard nothing about the petrol class disappearing.

Marchionne didn't rule out NASCAR when asked, but to be competitive there you need to defect a major team due to the way the labor is divided between the teams and manufacturers. I don't see any team both willing and able to defect for a few years.
Old 22 Oct 2017, 23:16 (Ref:3775760)   #3131
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I'll just drop this here; I'm sure at least a few couple besides me will appreciate them.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ED...ionId=63318261

https://www.shapeways.com/product/BX...ionId=63318220
Old 23 Oct 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3775905)   #3132
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Job opening for a designer/engineer for a motorsports project at a "confidential" plant in Belvidere, Illinois.

That's the FIAT/Chrysler plant.

They currently just build the Jeep Cherokee there, and they've started construction on a testing facility. Perfect cover for an Indycar or DPi project. Someone I'm close with is adamant it's an Alfa DPi project.
If you can point me to where in Belvidere this testing facility is, it'd be nice to know. I fly over Belvidere routinely.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 31 Oct 2017, 17:01 (Ref:3777810)   #3133
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mazda/Joest testing at DIS today.

video (super short) https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/925416319264153600

L.P.
Old 31 Oct 2017, 21:33 (Ref:3777850)   #3134
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love those new rims. Keep them !

I couldn't find any sustancial change on the aero, maybe the engine cover.

There are two new parts at the top of the side pods to let air go out.

pic from Endurance-info.com

Last edited by Damian Baldi; 31 Oct 2017 at 21:39.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3777886)   #3135
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!RWill2073 has a real shot at the podium!
Did they tone down the nose styling cues from the original? Doesn't look as distinct anymore.