Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jan 2007, 00:35 (Ref:1805720)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Mr Ellery a shot at reforming his own team into the future?

The results in the endurance rounds were very strong in the SER guise.. if the team can find the major sponsor to keep the squad ticking along anyway

Revenge is sometimes the most powerful motivator of all
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Jan 2007, 00:53 (Ref:1805729)   #27
Fireball
Rookie

Australia
Thomastown
Fireball should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Bowe is ok for PCR, why not.
Better than 2 rookies at JDR, one no worries, fantastic, but 2, fans wont be happy & they are a very important ingrediant.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 01:13 (Ref:1805737)   #28
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

The results in the endurance rounds were very strong in the SER guise.. if the team can find the major sponsor to keep the squad ticking along anyway

Thats actaully what I would like to see for Steve Ellery. It was great to see them do well.

Without checking actual results, I'd hazard a guess and say that the supercheap sponsorship money may have returned better value at SER than PWR...
Old 4 Jan 2007, 01:21 (Ref:1805740)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71
Thats actaully what I would like to see for Steve Ellery. It was great to see them do well.

Without checking actual results, I'd hazard a guess and say that the supercheap sponsorship money may have returned better value at SER than PWR...
At 30% of the price, and way more than the 2006 SCAR/PWR results... I would agree
Old 4 Jan 2007, 01:24 (Ref:1805741)   #30
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasnt Thompsons car last year the The 71 Canto Car from 2005?

Seems like he had a good car!!! Hence the good results near the end of the season
Old 4 Jan 2007, 01:30 (Ref:1805744)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney551

Seems like he had a good car!!! Hence the good results near the end of the season
Naw, it was all legendary skill & daring
Old 4 Jan 2007, 02:16 (Ref:1805763)   #32
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Caltex Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I just Emailed Paul Cruickshank Racing this:

Who be driving the #20 BFII Falcon?
Old 4 Jan 2007, 02:27 (Ref:1805767)   #33
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltex Racing
I just Emailed Paul Cruickshank Racing this:

Who be driving the #20 BFII Falcon?
That might be more useful information if and when they reply.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 06:03 (Ref:1805801)   #34
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

From my memory and correct me if Im wrong? Didn't the Ellery's sell there licence to Britek and sell the whole team infrastructure to Optima Motorsports who ran David Clarke in the Fujitsu series.

If I am right then the cost of setting up a new team from scratch would be enormous, let alone getting the right crew. I doubt it will happen again.

A friend of mine is a good mate of Steve's and I am told he is very dissapointed he wont be at the wheel again for a whole season. I hope this is not the end. I don't see him coming back from 2 seasons away from the main game.

A sad day if it is true.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 06:46 (Ref:1805815)   #35
motor.mouth
Rookie

motor.mouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
From my memory and correct me if Im wrong? Didn't the Ellery's sell there licence to Britek and sell the whole team infrastructure to Optima Motorsports who ran David Clarke in the Fujitsu series.

If I am right then the cost of setting up a new team from scratch would be enormous, let alone getting the right crew. I doubt it will happen again.

A friend of mine is a good mate of Steve's and I am told he is very dissapointed he wont be at the wheel again for a whole season. I hope this is not the end. I don't see him coming back from 2 seasons away from the main game.

A sad day if it is true.
Yes sadly the franchise sale and the Optima deal is true. I also know Steve personaly and whilst he will be disapointed I recall his attitude last year was oh well...time to move on! But I like you believe he is great value and 3rd at Bathurst in 2005 then he was the pick of the performers at Sandown this year (not to mention a MARVELOUS showing at Bathurst) and fear that he will struggle to get a drive full time in 2008.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 11:54 (Ref:1806019)   #36
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are not going to get a drive if you sit out. He should get into Carrera Cup or something like that so he is at least racing and being noticed.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 12:44 (Ref:1806083)   #37
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carrera cup or dev series car put in some good performances and he could find himself in a good position.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 22:09 (Ref:1806627)   #38
v8smoker
Racer

Bahrain
tent
v8smoker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ellery's one good race a year or two is'nt good enough to get a full time drive its all the mistakes he makes the rest of the year that lets him down. And there is enough younger guys that will do as good or better job than him & they have the potential to get better not worse as Ellery is at the down hill end of his carrier

Lets face it hes in the same boat as Morris its a bit of a hobby for him they don't have to do it to put food on the table.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 22:19 (Ref:1806642)   #39
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8smoker
Ellery's one good race a year or two is'nt good enough to get a full time drive its all the mistakes he makes the rest of the year that lets him down. And there is enough younger guys that will do as good or better job than him & they have the potential to get better not worse as Ellery is at the down hill end of his carrier

Lets face it hes in the same boat as Morris its a bit of a hobby for him they don't have to do it to put food on the table.

You could probably include at least half the field if you use that as your criteria for deciding who is a good driver or not.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 22:24 (Ref:1806651)   #40
v8smoker
Racer

Bahrain
tent
v8smoker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
You could probably include at least half the field if you use that as your criteria for deciding who is a good driver or not.
You sure could lets knock them out make it 15 cars
Old 5 Jan 2007, 02:56 (Ref:1806767)   #41
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
maybe not half but there is definatly a few.
Old 5 Jan 2007, 04:55 (Ref:1806794)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8smoker
You sure could lets knock them out make it 15 cars
It only takes one car to win, so why not knock it down to one car
Old 6 Jan 2007, 08:33 (Ref:1807983)   #43
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news yet? Someone said Bowe was making an announcement today at the Summernats.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 09:22 (Ref:1808008)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA
Any news yet? Someone said Bowe was making an announcement today at the Summernats.

JB @ Summernats!

I didnt go this year unfortunately, actually I havent been for a couple of years... not since I had fun climbing a fence that left me unable to walk unaided for a few weeks..
Old 6 Jan 2007, 09:42 (Ref:1808018)   #45
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last time I went was about 98. Turned up late at night and pitched the tent near the edge of the road down the back of the complex. Woke up at about 4am with a tent full of tyre smoke as some bazza in his torana did a burnout about a metre from the tent. Then next day watched a bloke have a car do a burnout over his foot (while wearing thongs) and was back 2 hours later from the hospital drinking stubbies and still lifting up the back of cars!
Old 6 Jan 2007, 10:37 (Ref:1808047)   #46
grumpy
Rookie

grumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney551

No it was the extra 150grand thrown in on top of what was already paid for the season ,so I have been told.Put in for the last two rounds for some special little extras that made the difference, from no where to winning at Bathurst and PI.
Old 6 Jan 2007, 22:28 (Ref:1808492)   #47
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy
No it was the extra 150grand thrown in on top of what was already paid for the season ,so I have been told.Put in for the last two rounds for some special little extras that made the difference, from no where to winning at Bathurst and PI.
Ahhhhh ... similar to why Macrow became a lot closer to Canto in 2005 with all the additional help from 888
Old 7 Jan 2007, 00:54 (Ref:1808612)   #48
grumpy
Rookie

grumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some parts from there and a better engine I believe from djr.Poor Grant Denyer missed out, and was leading him on points up till then when they had the same gear.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 12:00 (Ref:1809501)   #49
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
the Nats were awsome, didn't get there in time to see JB so i didn't hear nothing, Tits, Burnouts and the awsome sounds of the big V8's is awsome only my 2nd time down there great stuff.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 09:10 (Ref:1813052)   #50
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Announced today.
John Bowe car 111.