Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Oct 2004, 23:50 (Ref:1115457)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some Gran Turismo 4 news....

A new game mode had been announced...

More than a rather abstract equation, B-Spec = Director Mode is a completely new option that takes you out of the driver's seat and into the plush leather swivel chair of a race team manager. Revealingly described as a "Gran Turismo that players don't drive", B-Spec = Director Mode gives you the opportunity to command an AI-controlled driver instead of directly participating in a race.

Interestingly, the B-Spec option sits in tandem with the existing A-Spec (i.e. standard racing) in GT Mode, allowing you to decide when you want to drive and when you want to sit back and dish out instructions from the pits. If you wish, you can actually play through the entirety of GT Mode in a completely non-participatory fashion, which is great news for all of you auto-loving types who prefer to leave the driving to the (virtual) professionals.

Rather than seeing the action from the traditional GT racing perspective, directors will be able to choose from three view types: Broadcast View (replay-style camera angles), On-Board Camera (one for each car) and Race Monitor Screen. The latter provides vital information on every competing vehicle, including lap times, split times, the time difference compared to the other racers, and which laps were used for pit stops. All this data will help you get the measure of the competition and judge your driver's comparative performance.

Sounds pretty cool to me. Lots of other new stuff at the official site.

There is also a new video.

Last edited by Down F0rce; 4 Oct 2004 at 23:51.
Old 5 Oct 2004, 08:32 (Ref:1115630)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was announced a while ago but not as much detail was given. Good info, although I think it'd get pretty boring pretty fast. I also see they've officially culled the online segment. No biggy, but a bit of a shame given the amount of development time that's been involved.
Old 5 Oct 2004, 09:39 (Ref:1115660)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But that's brought the release date back to December this year.
Old 5 Oct 2004, 10:25 (Ref:1115708)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The online mode is what was keeping it back all the time...lots of problems apparantly...
Old 5 Oct 2004, 11:18 (Ref:1115750)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
It must just be too hardware intensive for the poor PS2 to cope with. It's a great machine, but it is beginning to show it's age.
Old 5 Oct 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1115779)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When are we going to see a complete (and official) car list?
Old 6 Oct 2004, 03:52 (Ref:1116515)   #7
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
mitzi dude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
racer69 Iwas asking the same thing not that long ago.And was checking thru a neo seeker site which my kids were using and in the ps2 part was a list of the gt4cars.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 08:17 (Ref:1116594)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I think all lists are unofficial at this point. We probably won't get the complete list until the game's released.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1117124)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.gt4ever.com/

This site has a rough car and track list.......

Accuracy is obviously unknown, but it does look credible.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 16:50 (Ref:1117156)   #10
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce
The online mode is what was keeping it back all the time...lots of problems apparantly...
I've heard that they are going to release the online mode later on so that they can get out GT4 in late December.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 17:06 (Ref:1117173)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Yeah, it's coming out next year they say...
Old 6 Oct 2004, 18:32 (Ref:1117236)   #12
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if they release an online mode later on, will they re-release it with it already included?
Old 6 Oct 2004, 22:21 (Ref:1117477)   #13
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Down here in N.Z. its supposed to be Nov. this year.????
Old 7 Oct 2004, 16:35 (Ref:1118190)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is December release worldwide. Confirmed.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 11:59 (Ref:1121019)   #15
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm more of a 'driver' myself, but the manager bit might be quite interesting, so long as it doesn't mean sacrificing the number/quality of the cars.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 17:06 (Ref:1121238)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I can't see the management section being all that great to be honest......it just smacks of an afterthought. Though i hope I'm wrong!

I see Gameplay now has the official box art on its site............that is a very good sign that it is imminent.

Roll on December 17th!
Old 11 Oct 2004, 17:42 (Ref:1121266)   #17
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Roll on December 17th!
Ooh... only 5 days before my bday!
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 14 Oct 2004, 08:24 (Ref:1123991)   #18
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it might be a silly thing to say, but why don't the makers release this on PC which if the problems are to do with the hardware, the PC might be able to handle it. Some PS2 games do make it onto PC's but then PC's aren't designed for computer games...
Old 14 Oct 2004, 08:51 (Ref:1124024)   #19
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
'cause it's made by Sony, and it helps sell PS2's I suppose.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 11:38 (Ref:1124191)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's made by Polyphony, published by Sony.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 15:58 (Ref:1124399)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Therefore owned by Sony, therefore unlikely to be on a PC ever.

Although there was talk of it at one time.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 16:45 (Ref:1124439)   #22
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Owned but not made by Sony...

Alright, i'll leave peacefully...
Old 15 Oct 2004, 09:50 (Ref:1125057)   #23
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Well who knows when its commin out? Christmas,new year,it is commin out right. I still reckon Nov 04 for NZ.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 10:43 (Ref:1125100)   #24
ASCII Man
Veteran

Uhm, you might want to listen for a change....

Quote:
It is December release worldwide. Confirmed.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 15 Oct 2004 at 10:44.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 10:37 (Ref:1126555)   #25
d-b
Racer

United Kingdom
at home
d-b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
don't care when it comes out

i'll be there 9 am to buy it