Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 6 May 2006, 14:17 (Ref:1601757)   #26
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From another MG Driver. Get well soon Scottie. 3 and 4a wont be the same without you so hurry back.
Old 6 May 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1601855)   #27
Silver Flag
Rookie

England
Kent
Silver Flag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get well soon Nigel, we need characters like you around.
Old 9 May 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1604640)   #28
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
Alec Knyvett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear all,
Nigels brother and family have asked me to pass on their thanks to you all for your kind words and messages of support for his speedy recovery. Nigel has suffered an aneurysm. Basically a blood vessel in the brain split. Unfortunately Nigel has not responded as well as the medical staff hoped after his first operation last week. He underwent another one yesterday so the poor boy is back in I C U at the present and they have asked that visits are restricted to immediate family at present. How many of you know that he is a 'Great Uncle'.
It is too early to say if there has been any long term damage to the brain so the next few days in his recovery are critical.
As soon as I have anything else I will let you all know
Regards
Alec.
Old 10 May 2006, 04:50 (Ref:1604766)   #29
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks for the update Alec and please pass on our very best wishes to Nigels family.
Old 10 May 2006, 12:14 (Ref:1605042)   #30
Snotty
Rookie

United Kingdom
Billericay Essex
Snotty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could I suggest a get well card to be signed at next Brands meeting.

Get well soon Nigel. don't get to Brands as often as I would like but remember some great stories.
Old 11 May 2006, 09:58 (Ref:1605838)   #31
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A "get well" card was available at signing-on for the AMOC meeting on the Bank Holiday, and also last weekend (I think). By the time I got to it, it was already pretty full of signatures.

Get well soon Scotty, Roger is lost without you!
Old 11 May 2006, 12:02 (Ref:1605917)   #32
turbo-ww
Racer

England
turbo-ww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He'd better get well soon, I need my sweeties....
Old 12 May 2006, 13:23 (Ref:1607015)   #33
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
For those that want to sign a card for Nigel I will bring another one down for the WTCC at Brands and leave it at signing on. Since my last update I have had no further news from his family.
Old 12 May 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1607151)   #34
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for keeping us updated Alec. I will be down for the WTCC meeting so I'll sign Nigels card then. It'll seem funny not having Nigel visit us on post.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 15 May 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1610283)   #35
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
UPDATE
Nigel is still in I C U after his last operation about a week ago. Unfortunately he contracted a bout of pneumonia which has set him back a bit. It is hoped he might be let out of I C U at the end of this week and put back on the ward. The family have printed off all your messages and read them to Nigel, how much he has heard or will remember will not be known till his levels of consciousness improve, but please keep them coming.
I do not expect to hear anymore till after the WTCC so see you all at breakfast.
Old 15 May 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1610521)   #36
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you very much for the update Alec, and I just hope, along with Nigel's many friends at Brands Hatch that your next 'Bulletin' will be one of great optimism for Nigel's full recovery. Signing-on does not seem the same without him!!
Old 22 May 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1616106)   #37
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
UPDATE
Nigel is making progress and is becomming less reliant on the machines he is hooked up to. Unfortunately this progress is not as quick as the medical team had hoped or expected. Therefore Nigel has been kept in I C U and will see if he can be moved to the ward at the end of this week.
May I thank all of you who signed Nigels 2nd card at the WTCC (World Touring Canoeing Championship). I know his family take great pride in the fact that Nigel has so many friends who are thinking of him and wishing him well. I'll post more when I hear.
I personally think this is a poor excuse to get out of three soggy days at Brands !!!!!!!
Old 22 May 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1616371)   #38
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Thank you Alec for the update! We all hope that he will still make a full recovery, that is if we can notice the difference; but seriously, every good wish for a speedy recovery, I am sure; from all the readers of this Forum.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 09:11 (Ref:1628292)   #39
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
UPDATE
We finally got to see the poor chap last night. He is unable to talk due to the tracheotomy. He is responding to movemnet and sound and follows you with his right eye. The medical team believe he may have suffered some paralysis to his left side, but this cannot be confirmed for a while. We only stayed for about 15 minutes as he still gets tired very quickly. The biggest change is that they have had to shave him, no beard or tash.
When we left we waved at him and he responded by raising his arm and waving back, (I don't think ha had any fingers raised!!) that was very encouraging. We will be back to see him in a couple of days. For those that are intrested he is in Brodie Ward.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 09:38 (Ref:1628311)   #40
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Alec, I'm glad he is making progress, our best wishes are with him for a full recovery.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1628549)   #41
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Thanks Alec, I'm glad he is making progress, our best wishes are with him for a full recovery.
HERE!! HERE!!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1628567)   #42
Snotty
Rookie

United Kingdom
Billericay Essex
Snotty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen if you see this. A suggestion. Card for Nigel at GP sign on for those of us who know him but don't get to Brands that often. if you get it to me I would be happy to look after it and return to you over the weekend. Let me know.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 15:35 (Ref:1628576)   #43
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I will see what I can do...
Old 6 Jun 2006, 15:49 (Ref:1628587)   #44
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for keeping us so well informed Alec.
Lets hope its now a green flag all the way.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 16:38 (Ref:1628626)   #45
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the others have said, thank you Alec for keeping us all updated on Nigels recovery.

I just can't imagine a freshly shaved Mr Scott!!!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1628884)   #46
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He really is dragging this out just for the bed baths he's getting from the nurses!!
Thinking of you lots - get lots better lots quickly!!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 08:46 (Ref:1629079)   #47
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
UPDATE
Nigels brother phoned last night. Apparently he has worn out all the nurses at the Atkinson Morley Hospital so they have had to moved him to Mayday Hospital, Purley 2 Ward. This has given him some fresh pickings !!!!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 08:48 (Ref:1629080)   #48
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Lets hope this is a positive sign Alec. Post 4 really isn't the same without Nigel. Get well soon mate...
Old 13 Jun 2006, 12:14 (Ref:1633426)   #49
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
UPDATE
As I said in my last update Nigel has been moved to the Mayday Hospital in Croydon. Basically the reason is that the Atkinson Morley Hospital could do nothing more for him. While we all hoped and prayed for a full recovery I think the time has come for us to come to terms with the reality of his situation.
Nigel's family have now been told, by the medical team, not to expect any further progress in his condition. Unfortunately this means that he will need constant care and attention.
Chris and I will continue to visit him, as we did last night, and will update you all on any new developments.
Nigel's family are appreciative of all the goodwill messages they have received and please be assured they have been, and will continue to be, relayed to Nigel.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1633434)   #50
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
This is indeed very sad news and something we all dreaded. I know you always pass on our best wishes Alec and that Nigel is a close and good friend of yours. There is little I can say really as like you, I am left feeling numb at the outcome. I hope Nigels ageing parents are able to cope.