Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 May 2010, 05:06 (Ref:2683596)   #51
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I posted this in the Silverstone thread, but it's quite applicable here.

If it were me, I'd leave the Nissans where they are (1230kg) for now. I'd put, say, 25kg back on to the Astons (up to 1175kg). I'd knock another 5kg out of the Lambos (to 1185kg). Take 15kg out of the Maseratis and 20 out of the Corvettes, to bring them both down to 1220kg. Hard to say what to do about the Fords, but maybe knock 10kg off (down to 1190kg total).
Old 4 May 2010, 04:51 (Ref:2684045)   #52
rob21
Rookie

rob21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a strange situation now and I dont like it because FIA say who is going to be fast.It is for me impossible to have all cars with in let´s say 0,5 second.There will be always teams who will be unhappy with their engine restrictors and weights.There are to many different types of cars and each perform better on different types of tracks.
I don´t think it is good to change cars pefrormance for every event.
Old 4 May 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2684098)   #53
Matt Hunter
Racer

England
Exmouth
Matt Hunter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cars seemed alot closer this weekend, though perhaps Corvette lacked pace. I can see Maserati requesting some breaks to bring them back up. Matech basically said the reason they weren't as strong was due to the temperatures. But let's face it, is there much better than seeing a GT-R fending off an MC12?
Old 4 May 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2684154)   #54
Jameson
Racer

Jameson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the latest decisions are not too much off, at least the racing in Silverstone was pretty good apart from the Aston Martin Challenge running up front.

I can't believe how the FIA can be stupid enough to give so big breaks for the Aston. It was the quickest GT1 in the LMS test at Paul Ricard and Makowiecki/Hexis qualified 2nd in Abu Dhabi. After that they took 50kg off and gave bigger air restrictors, so it shouldn't be a great surprise that the British cars were a class of their own last weekend... Effectively, they were one second faster than the next best and if we don't count Gavin's Vette, they were 1,5s faster than the rest of the field.

I like the idea of BoP, but not how it's done for the moment. I hope they get it right soon and the teams can concentrate in racing. Sure, there will always be circuits that suit some cars better than the others, so they shouldn't jump around every second day to change everything.
Old 9 May 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2687173)   #55
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA have given the Astons a smaller air restrictor for Brno and an extra 30 kilos on top of the weight they ran at Silverstone (now 1180 kg). As the restrictor change request is later than the two weeks notice before an event that the FIA have to give, the Aston teams also have the option of running the same restrictor as Silverstone with the car at 1200 kg for Brno only.
Old 9 May 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2687574)   #56
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is there a car specific weight addition for winning a championship race?
Old 9 May 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2687584)   #57
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Is there a car specific weight addition for winning a championship race?
Yes, they are still using success ballast like they have done in the FIA GT for years.
Old 10 May 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2687948)   #58
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Yes, they are still using success ballast like they have done in the FIA GT for years.
Thanks, that is what I thought. In theory, shouldn't this take care of the needed performance balancing? Instead of making adjustments after each round, having the winners carry more weight should bring up the rest of the competition.
Old 10 May 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2687960)   #59
pkollo
Rookie

pkollo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://private.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/vchp/301/$FILE/GT1_Aston%20Martin%20DB9_07.05.2010_54.pdf?Openelement

-20 kg for the Aston and smaller air restrictors