Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jul 2015, 12:57 (Ref:3555177)   #1
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
360 MRC

Looking forward to being back in the office this Saturday, 4th July. See you all there at Snetterton.
Old 3 Jul 2015, 10:26 (Ref:3555576)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sadly, I won't be able to get there, for the first time, but hope it all goes brilliantly well.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 3 Jul 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3555688)   #3
restyles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bridgham, Norfolk.
restyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what the entry is like for the 6 hrs ?
Old 5 Jul 2015, 01:38 (Ref:3555840)   #4
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
With the exception of the first one....which was special for all sorts of reasons....THAT was THE BEST 360 we have EVER done.....as Jo Bradley asked me "who is writing your scripts for this races stories Claire?"...what a race

My thanks to ALL those who took part...your driving standards were so superb...but then again...perhaps its my drivers briefings !! ha ha

A MINI COOPER WON THE 360.....those that thought Kevin Clarke and Intersport would run away with it were wrong...WAY WAY wrong...and kevin was robbed of the hatrick...but we were not robbed for a cracking race with battles going on in ALL classes

Never say never...I made Duncan Rodgers apologies because he umm'd and arrrr'd about going to Snett "We wont will nofing...its the 200 ...we dont stand a chance"....(yet he doesn't count the fact that his refuelling is three minutes faster than his nearest rivals because he has invested in some heavy ยงยงยงยง FIA churns that vent sooo good that the fluid falls out ! (hope we have them for the Three hour next week at Rockingham that he and I are doing)

Congrats to him and all the teams for a fantastic race

Anyway...do yourselves a favour you Historic lot....read the reports on what was in..how the race went...look up BBC Look East .....listen to the podcast from Radio Le mans ......but better still...when I offer you a race like this at cost....TAKE ME UP ON THE OFFER!!!!!

Ta all
C
Old 5 Jul 2015, 14:10 (Ref:3555932)   #5
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's great news Claire, I'm really glad it went so well & second your emotion - give it a try guys!
Old 5 Jul 2015, 15:32 (Ref:3555942)   #6
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had an ex colleague helping out as pit crew on an MG at the race and said it was very enjoyable event. He's building up a BMW 3 series and is targeting an entry at some point. I'm going to try and persuade him to bring me in as his teammate so I can find an excuse to race in the event

Looking forward to Rockingham though, I will be on the grid in a Radical SR3
Old 5 Jul 2015, 15:39 (Ref:3555944)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
I had an ex colleague helping out as pit crew on an MG at the race and said it was very enjoyable event. He's building up a BMW 3 series and is targeting an entry at some point. I'm going to try and persuade him to bring me in as his teammate so I can find an excuse to race in the event

Ian's a massive gold nugget - as my usual crew was stuck behind accidents on M25 etc and about 2 hours late, Ian stepped in and was a huge help. I'm hoping to reciprocate by helping with the Beemer.
Old 5 Jul 2015, 15:46 (Ref:3555945)   #8
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Ian's a massive gold nugget - as my usual crew was stuck behind accidents on M25 etc and about 2 hours late, Ian stepped in and was a huge help. I'm hoping to reciprocate by helping with the Beemer.
Good stuff, that's the spirit of club racing through and through! I was following the updates on his fb page, hopefully he was getting some valuable experience when the beemer is up and running!
Old 5 Jul 2015, 16:12 (Ref:3555948)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still bummed we couldn't make it, are there any good pics of the trophies as I'd love to see how they came out.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 05:35 (Ref:3556098)   #10
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great day with MGDavid and really enjoyed the whole event. Thank you for having me in the team, David. Congrats to all participants and many thanks to Claire for persevering. Great to see a BMW Mini win proving that you don't need a mega bucks Britcar to win, and great to see a variety of "normal" club racing cars take part from an MX5 to an Alfa 156.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 11:48 (Ref:3556175)   #11
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Spot the 10/10ths sticker

Click image for larger version

Name:	My baby .jpg
Views:	12
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	45405
Old 6 Jul 2015, 12:43 (Ref:3556183)   #12
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post

Go on, Claire, give us a clue?
Old 6 Jul 2015, 17:34 (Ref:3556244)   #13
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Still bummed we couldn't make it, are there any good pics of the trophies as I'd love to see how they came out.
Sending you a photo Grant - sorry about the young lady holding it!
Old 6 Jul 2015, 18:01 (Ref:3556250)   #14
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post

I'll be the slow blonde tart in your way in an M3. Go easy with me
Old 6 Jul 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3556251)   #15
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
mmmmmmm tarts!
Old 7 Jul 2015, 07:19 (Ref:3556390)   #16
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I will do providing I'm capable of going quick enough to pass an M3 though...