Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Aug 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2949034)   #1
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
InsideBTCC

New EMag out today..

http://www.insidebtcc.com/

What a breath of freshair!!!
Old 31 Aug 2011, 23:36 (Ref:2949138)   #2
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a good read! Cheers!
Old 1 Sep 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2949290)   #3
fiona
Racer

Scotland
west lothian
fiona should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool good read
Old 16 Sep 2011, 04:59 (Ref:2956238)   #4
Matt_S
Racer

England
Matt_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another edition of the eMag ahead of Rockingham is online at the link above
Old 18 Sep 2011, 21:09 (Ref:2957767)   #5
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very well written emag. I'm mentioning it to everyone but I hope it gets some more publicity as it deserves it for sure.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 23:59 (Ref:2957820)   #6
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
A very well written emag. I'm mentioning it to everyone but I hope it gets some more publicity as it deserves it for sure.
Me too. It's the only e-mag on the BTCC I read..
Old 21 Sep 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2959090)   #7
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks intresting
Old 29 Sep 2011, 08:28 (Ref:2962430)   #8
Matt_S
Racer

England
Matt_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Issue Three of Inside BTCC out today, including:

A Rockingham recap
A look back at THAT incident in the Rockingham pit lane
A preview of Brands Hatch
A catch up with James Thompson
Chris James and Paul Merson on boosting profile at ES Racing
A chat on NGTC progress with Frank Wrathall Sr and Rob Austin
A review of BTCC stars in action at Donington for British GT
Old 29 Sep 2011, 09:57 (Ref:2962454)   #9
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Nice one! Thats my lunchtime sorted... The first two issues were excellent.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 06:35 (Ref:2962816)   #10
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
I've just read the 3rd issue and it was great as ever! I especially liked the feature on the details behind the scuff between Neal and Plato in the pitlane and also the NGTC feature.

I later tried the website out with my brother's iPad and it was better I must say because you can turn pages easier and it feels ergonomically correct when it is in your hands - like a magazine. There is one small thing that the producers might try and amend in the future and that is that the text gets rather blurred when you zoom in quite a bit.

I have been thoroughly impressed by the professional quality of the 3 publications and can't wait for the one after Brands too!
Old 3 Oct 2011, 13:29 (Ref:2964926)   #11
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent mag.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 05:48 (Ref:2965306)   #12
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Inside BTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thank you for your support so far with Inside BTCC - glad you are enjoying it!

We're keen to make sure that the eMag is something that the fans enjoy so if there is anything you would like to see us feature, please let us know and we'll do what we can to chase it up.

We've got some good stuff in the pipeline which hopefully you'll all enjoy

Cheers

The Inside BTCC team
Old 4 Oct 2011, 09:35 (Ref:2965412)   #13
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I think you are doing a fantastic job. The interviews and features are great, and it's good that you do not concentrate solely on the "bigger names" at the front of the grid, but also feature some of the mid-pack and lesser known drivers and teams.

As well as the current crop of drivers, it would be nice to see some features about drivers from the past if possible - names such as Andy Rouse, Anthony Reid, Steve Soper, John Cleland and others. I don't know how many still attend race weekends from time to time, but if any do, then I'm sure people would be interested to hear their thoughts on their time in BTCC and what they think about the championship nowadays.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2965421)   #14
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I think you are doing a fantastic job. The interviews and features are great, and it's good that you do not concentrate solely on the "bigger names" at the front of the grid, but also feature some of the mid-pack and lesser known drivers and teams.

As well as the current crop of drivers, it would be nice to see some features about drivers from the past if possible - names such as Andy Rouse, Anthony Reid, Steve Soper, John Cleland and others. I don't know how many still attend race weekends from time to time, but if any do, then I'm sure people would be interested to hear their thoughts on their time in BTCC and what they think about the championship nowadays.
Hi Steve,

Rest assured that the plan for the 'Where are they now feature' which ran in the first issue with Michael Doyle (given it was the weekend where he competed in the Ginetta races) will be going back through time somewhat when it comes to the people we feature.

Although the driver featured in the upcoming issue is another who has raced in the BTCC in the more recent past, we do plan to speak to some of the more 'old-time' drivers.

In fact, we're planning to speak to one of the drivers you mentioned in the coming days ready for the post-Silverstone edition...

Great minds obviously think alike!
Old 4 Oct 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2965546)   #15
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be great to see a feature on a budget breakdown for a season's racing in the BTCC... maybe through the eyes of one of the privateer teams e.g. Mike Jordan's outfit.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 13:21 (Ref:2965553)   #16
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
It would be great to see a feature on a budget breakdown for a season's racing in the BTCC... maybe through the eyes of one of the privateer teams e.g. Mike Jordan's outfit.
Agreed, that would be very interesting. It's great what you are doing to expose the series with these publications.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2965579)   #17
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Well we won't make promises on that one as - for obvious reasons - teams may be very coy about what they do and don't want to say about budget breakdowns, but it's one we'll look into
Old 10 Oct 2011, 21:09 (Ref:2968893)   #18
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
You might like to know we've been busy chatting to a few drivers from the 'good old days' of Supertouring over the past week, and some interesting comments came up along the way.

We're not going to give too much away, but let's just say that one of those drivers said the current cars are like shopping trolleys compared to the Super Touring machines and one revealed an interesting little secret that he's kept to himself for more than a decade...

Something for you to look forward to over the off-season!
Old 11 Oct 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2969232)   #19
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Issue 4 is now online featuring:

Brands Hatch review
Silverstone preview
A look at how Honda's 'driver swap' could aid rival Plato
Andy Jordan's title hopes with new Civic
An exclusive look at the future for West Surrey Racing
A chat with Ben Edwards on how he ended up in the commentary box
Paul Rivett on winning another Clio Cup title and his dreams of being a BTCC star
A look at left-foot braking and why drivers use the technique
A lap of Silverstone with James Nash
A catch-up with former BTCC ace Jonny Adam on life in GT racing and working with TCR's Clio Cup stars

Hopefully you'll all enjoy!
Old 11 Oct 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2969477)   #20
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Interesting read about WSR..
Old 15 Oct 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2971596)   #21
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside BTCC View Post
Issue 4 is now online featuring:

Brands Hatch review
Silverstone preview
A look at how Honda's 'driver swap' could aid rival Plato
Andy Jordan's title hopes with new Civic
An exclusive look at the future for West Surrey Racing
A chat with Ben Edwards on how he ended up in the commentary box
Paul Rivett on winning another Clio Cup title and his dreams of being a BTCC star
A look at left-foot braking and why drivers use the technique
A lap of Silverstone with James Nash
A catch-up with former BTCC ace Jonny Adam on life in GT racing and working with TCR's Clio Cup stars

Hopefully you'll all enjoy!
Another very good issue! The WSR piece was interesting as the turbo cars were prodcuing 340bhp+ at the start of the season.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:46 (Ref:2972254)   #22
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Blimey!

Issue 5 out already? Great content, hot off the press.

Love the season rundown.

Great work

Can't wait for the next issue.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 14:32 (Ref:2972680)   #23
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Well we thought we best push the boat out when a championship had been won! There will be the usual more in-depth look back at Silverstone soon...
Old 7 Mar 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3036390)   #24
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Hi guys,

As you'll have seen - there were a few changes to out initial plan when the 2011 season ended, but with 2012 now approaching fast, we're back with the next issue of Inside BTCC now online - www.insidebtcc.com

Basically, we sum up where the grid stands so far with a recap of the main winter news but there's also features on Adam Morgan ahead of his debut season, with Dunlop on tyres, a chat to James Pickford about what he's done since leaving the series and comments from Rob Collard and Nick Foster on turbo power for WSR.

A full season preview will be with you before Brands Hatch....
Old 7 Mar 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3036567)   #25
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice one. Good to read some interesting articles that aren't padded out with pointless information.