Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Feb 2024, 18:49 (Ref:4198701)   #2726
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I was only joking, I thought the big clue was a Lago Talbot. Lago being slow in music I really thought it was L'escargo, because none of the cars were really quick ones. Sorry Bob.
RBS, I'm happy you put EB out of his misery, I guessed you were not serious, but your joke turned out to be the right answer.

Bob.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 19:57 (Ref:4198716)   #2727
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
RBS, I'm happy you put EB out of his misery, I guessed you were not serious, but your joke turned out to be the right answer.

Bob.
Pffffft.

Frogs legs were the first thing that came into my mind, and I was even going to mention it in my post, as a joke, but thought it too silly, irrelevant, and I couldnt think of a link between Bugattis, Talbot Lagos, and Renaults.

Gerard, the Renault 4CV was indeed known as the 750 here, and there were a number of them entered in Class A, <750cc) at the 1960 Armstong 500 miles (the race which went on to become what we now know as the Bathurst 1000klms.). In 1960 the race was held at Phillip Island before moving to Bathurst in 1963 because of the state of the track at PI had become sub standard.

Just to prove it. One of the 750's at PI that year.

The 1960 race also had a team of 3 Renault Dauphines entered by Ecurie Dauphine. Plus a few Peugeot 403's (one of which won class C) and Simca Aronde's (which won Class B).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_Armstrong_500
Old 28 Feb 2024, 20:41 (Ref:4198731)   #2728
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quick, what's the answer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1622.JPG   IMG_2831.JPG   IMG_7984.JPG  

IMG_3675.JPG   IMG_2036.JPG  
Old 29 Feb 2024, 10:11 (Ref:4198809)   #2729
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for giving well documented info, E.B. Useful and pleasant. 1093 model apart, we didn't have so many Dauphines racing here and the first 4CV/750 entered were by privateers only (specially at LM) before a works team was founded.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 21:50 (Ref:4199782)   #2730
bauble
Veteran

England
Three cars, and three images. Can you match them and explain the connection?
Attached Thumbnails
MGCC 08 001.JPG   IMG_1338.JPG   IMG_1225.JPG  

Attached Images

Old 3 Mar 2024, 23:03 (Ref:4199790)   #2731
bauble
Veteran

England
Oh! The cars pictured are representative, not specific.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 23:53 (Ref:4199809)   #2732
bauble
Veteran

England
Three more connections;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0607.JPG   _MG_0021.jpg   Picture 133.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 4 Mar 2024, 10:09 (Ref:4199844)   #2733
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Can you match them and explain the connection?
Nope! Finally an answer I can give to one of these questions!

And in the finest tradition, its not the answer on the envelope, but it is an answer.

I'll go back to lurking....
Old 4 Mar 2024, 10:32 (Ref:4199849)   #2734
bauble
Veteran

England
I suspect a lot of people have come up with the same answer.

But this is a TEAM game.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 21:53 (Ref:4199980)   #2735
bauble
Veteran

England
A couple of the smart RR's, have had their crack at the Connections, and had to be put right.
Both are begging for more. Some people are a glutton for punishment, but hastily I dredge up a few thoughts for them. (See I am nice chap really)

Who became confused in a fog, at least five times?

Someone lost us amongst the trees, but not on his bike. (Perhaps he was)

Get an E bike he quipt although he could not spell.

Sarcastic he may have been, but why did he wink nervously?

Lost at sea, while enjoying the Navy Lark.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ben has a rant about trams, but what is he on about? This one might need a team effort, lads.

Well it is a Picture Puzzle thread so. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9870.JPG  
Old 6 Mar 2024, 10:56 (Ref:4200213)   #2736
bauble
Veteran

England
Oh! Dear. Not far short of 1000 views since the last puzzle was posted, but no replies at all.
Let me offer a little help.

Section one; you are looking for the names of five WC winners.

Section two, we are after the initials of three independent racing teams.

The picture is for decoration rather than a puzzle, however, there are two drivers some may recognise..
Old 6 Mar 2024, 18:26 (Ref:4200248)   #2737
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Section one; you are looking for the names of five WC winners.
Ha, this… Makes me think about a story when a kangaroo catches a baboon…
Old 6 Mar 2024, 23:53 (Ref:4200283)   #2738
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Ha, this… Makes me think about a story when a kangaroo catches a baboon…
Really Gerard, there was no need to bring VivaGT and EB into the discussion.
Old 6 Mar 2024, 23:57 (Ref:4200284)   #2739
bauble
Veteran

England
I give up;

in a fog = ?

Us (among) trees = ?

E quipt = ?

C lark = ?

ENB, NART, SMART.

Any ideas yet?
Old 7 Mar 2024, 04:38 (Ref:4200296)   #2740
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I give up;

in a fog = ?

Any ideas yet?
I know Im in trouble when all I can think of for a fog type name is the Dutch driver Boy Hayje (which I think is pronounced Haze or similar) from the seventies.

Quite sure he didnt win a WC
Old 7 Mar 2024, 08:23 (Ref:4200308)   #2741
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

Did he ever win anything?
Old 7 Mar 2024, 09:33 (Ref:4200325)   #2742
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I know Im in trouble when all I can think of for a fog type name is the Dutch driver Boy Hayje (which I think is pronounced Haze or similar) from the seventies.

EB, RBS, etc....

in a fog translates as Fangio us trees as Surtees, e quipt as Piquet, and C lark as Clark.

Ben, rant trams become Equipe National Belge, North American Racing Team, and Stirling Moss Auto Racing Team.

Don't concern yourselves, its probably my fault.
Old 7 Mar 2024, 16:06 (Ref:4200378)   #2743
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Did he ever win anything?
I was being polite

Maybe won a Dutch FF title.
Old 7 Mar 2024, 17:30 (Ref:4200390)   #2744
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I was being polite
Yes but it didn't work. Stick to your own nature, we love you mean and nasty!
Old 8 Mar 2024, 00:26 (Ref:4200423)   #2745
bauble
Veteran

England
So you don't like cryptic puzzle - OK!
What is the connection between these three makes?
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0067.JPG   IMG_1503.JPG   IMG_9239.JPG  

Old 8 Mar 2024, 00:58 (Ref:4200424)   #2746
bauble
Veteran

England
Alright, just a little cryptic maybe, but all it needs is he application of logic.

1 Where's my canary?
2 Would an Egyptian beetle off with this?
3 Who leads the fleet?
4 Where is the Government?
5 Not top of the Class then?
6 But he is.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1699.JPG   IMG_8908.JPG   IMG_1753.JPG  

IMG_8871.JPG   IMG_8610.JPG   IMG_8973.JPG  

Old 8 Mar 2024, 06:29 (Ref:4200436)   #2747
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just a clue for Members: I don't think the answer could be Matra.
Old 8 Mar 2024, 19:07 (Ref:4200522)   #2748
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
EB, RBS, etc....

in a fog translates as Fangio us trees as Surtees, e quipt as Piquet, and C lark as Clark.

Ben, rant trams become Equipe National Belge, North American Racing Team, and Stirling Moss Auto Racing Team.

Don't concern yourselves, its probably my fault.

Got the Fangio, but the rest got even more cryptic as you went on

And what was the "winking" one?
Old 8 Mar 2024, 21:10 (Ref:4200540)   #2749
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Guess I have slipped right of the leader board. Way to difficult for me and I am trying.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 00:11 (Ref:4200550)   #2750
bauble
Veteran

England
Answer to the six car puzzle was sent in by RBS, Mike Crow and this, by SSmith;

Hello Bauble,

1. Where's my canary? In the Maserati BIRDCAGE
2. Would an Egyptian beetle off with this? SCARAB-OFFENHAUSER
3. Who leads the fleet? Standard VANGUARD
4. Where is the government? Austin A95 WESTMINSTER
5. Not top of the Class then? STANDARD 10
6. But he is. AC ACE.

RBS and Mike also had R Godfrey as the connection between the HRG, GN, and Frazer Nash.

It seems that everyone prefers 'simple' puzzles as opposed to cryptic. So be it.