Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jul 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4059988)   #1101
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
It's all very well observers suggesting it'll be fine and the border control staff won't have time to check the vaccination records of everyone entering the country properly, in order to weed out those with a Covishield jab, but let's get real, if you know you've had a Covishield jab and there's a good chance of being refused entry into France, you're not going to risk trying, are you?
i'm doing it in 10 days. i'll report back, but i'm not anticipating any difficulties
Old 5 Jul 2021, 19:10 (Ref:4059995)   #1102
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Is it possible for a Uk resident to have had a first jab wit AZ and the second one with Covishield? If the answer is yes, how will be filled the vaccination card? Will those people be half admitted to travel in France? Or asked two sworn statement? French authorities recognized the NHS card yesterday but now its under conditions?
Hope the EMA authorization will arrive soon, the indian variant is already here, knowing no border or regulation.
Old 5 Jul 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4059996)   #1103
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
What is obvious is that "la campagne présidentielle" is now raging. Harboring people in their fear is a good way to win the votes…
Old 5 Jul 2021, 19:15 (Ref:4059997)   #1104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Is it possible for a Uk resident to have had a first jab wit AZ and the second one with Covishield? If the answer is yes, how will be filled the vaccination card? Will those people be half admitted to travel in France? Or asked two sworn statement? French authorities recognized the NHS card yesterday but now its under conditions?
More likely the other way around Gerard, like me. I had my first dose in late March and it seems to be around that time that the Covishield doses were mostly being utilised. The card (and our NHS app) records the batch number, from which we can identify if we had a Covishield jab. It is also within the QR code.
Old 5 Jul 2021, 19:55 (Ref:4060007)   #1105
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I think and hope its just a matter of weeks now. The main aim of the cards is to be recognized at any border and I dont see any difference between two perfectly identical vaccines, whether they are made in India or in any other country using the same principle.
Hope its not another political pickpocketing but knowing French I'm not too confident.
Old 5 Jul 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4060024)   #1106
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I agree completely Gerard. But there is always political mileage to be made out of these things, sadly.
Old 5 Jul 2021, 21:25 (Ref:4060030)   #1107
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
More likely the other way around Gerard, like me. I had my first dose in late March and it seems to be around that time that the Covishield doses were mostly being utilised. The card (and our NHS app) records the batch number, from which we can identify if we had a Covishield jab. It is also within the QR code.
yeah, you're correct. although we now have two separate qr codes, one for each vaccine which is perhaps the start of being more eu passport friendly. i think the very first second doses were being given, and they were almost entirely pfizer for a while due to the extra time it took to get az into circulation.

it's not even covishield here, that's the funny bit. the serum institute of india rebranded it for their markets (quite right too, it sounds much snappier ). it's literally just a name on the box. the same company has done the same with novavax - that's called covovax. away from india, valneva's version is being manufactured by another vaccine company in the uk.

there's a significant amount of cooperation going on between companies within the vaccine industry - this is just one particular thing the media have jumped on and decided to make an issue. it isn't.

i do appreciate that our friends over the puddle do march to the beat of their own drum, but they've actually been more forward thinking than the rest of the eu when it comes to recognising the uk certificate in the same context as their own for international travel. that precedent suggests that a minor glitch such as a box isn't going to make waves.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 07:54 (Ref:4060067)   #1108
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
- this is just one particular thing the media have jumped on and decided to make an issue. it isn't.
Super, I'll let the guy at border control or at the entrance of one of the spectator enclosures at the circuit know, if I run into any problems...

Really, there is no way I will risk the cost of ferry, hotels, race tickets etc. unless I am 100% certain I am going to be allowed to enter France and enter the circuit for five consecutive days unchallenged and with full confidence in the documentation I am using. I'd be unable to relax and enjoy myself with the shadow of this issue, or non-issue, cast overhead. Sorry, but that's me.

Yes, there may be some, maybe hundreds and thousands, who manage to 'wing it' successfully, but I, personally, don't have the confidence (nonchalance? arrogance?) to do that.

Bella, you are very well informed, so you'll know that this isn't really about the potential five million Brits with an Indian manufactured jab at all, it's about those amongst the two and a half million French nationals living in overseas territories who are unable to travel home this summer without having to self isolate or quarantine on arrival in France, despite having received WHO approved vaccines. It's a very well documented high profile political hot potato at the moment, with France accused by it's own nationals of creating a two tier system which penalises those from poorer countries. If the French decide to dig their heels in and make this an issue at their borders, they will, and whatever you experience in ten days time is not necessarily what others might experience further down the line.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 10:43 (Ref:4060086)   #1109
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With all the uncertain things discussed above I think I'm lucky my letter still dus not arrive. It gives me the chance to postpone my decision to buy tickets.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4060105)   #1110
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well a good sign my new ACO card turned up today, well i am taking it as a good sign
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4060149)   #1111
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And another good sign, I finally got a response to my email about my ticket offer letter after 13 days.
So, I've paid the difference between my credit note and new requirements.

Fingers crossed now!
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4060150)   #1112
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Worth noting that the vaccine record in the NHS app will say Vaxzevria wherever your dose of AZ was made. It’s only by the batch number that you can tell if it’s Covishield: 4120Z001, 4120Z002, and 4120Z003.

This is the sort of infuriating bureaucracy we’re going to face until everything settles down, which could mean months. Covishield is identical to the product made in the UK / EU and India is among the world’s foremost manufacturers of medicines. Frankly I’m surprised the Indian Govt hasn’t kicked off at the insinuation that their product is sub-standard.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4060154)   #1113
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's nit-picking, but I don't think it's a sub-standard issue at all, just that as Covishield vaccines were not acquired for use by the EU, they have never been subject to the EU's authorisation procedure.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:48 (Ref:4060159)   #1114
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you could get out of the UK using the NHS App then I think it would be okay (from an Indian AZ perspective). But who knows. Will be plenty of people (bella included) trying to make the trip before Le Mans so we should have more information on what's possible.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4060162)   #1115
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
And things are changing on a daily, if not hourly, basis at the moment so god only knows (and he may not) what the situation will be come mid August!

Anything we may say or think right now is almost certainly going to be wrong by then...
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4060163)   #1116
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Pretty much guaranteed, I'd say!
Old 6 Jul 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4060168)   #1117
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Have faith, everything will be ok, from were my head is buried in the sand everything looks OK
Old 6 Jul 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4060172)   #1118
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
If you could get out of the UK using the NHS App then I think it would be okay (from an Indian AZ perspective).
I don’t think vaccine status is checked on the way out, is it? The Govt doesn’t care about people leaving, only entering. Besides, what the UK thinks of Covishield is of no consequence to the French.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 15:47 (Ref:4060175)   #1119
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Covishield is identical to the product made in the UK/EU and India is among the world’s foremost manufacturers of medicines. Frankly I’m surprised the Indian Govt hasn’t kicked off at the insinuation that their product is sub-standard.
Agreed for the first part. As to kick anything or anyone's arse, I think they have bigger fish to to fry ATM!
Just imagine that only an indian laboratory can heal the world with a new vaccine or produce enough doses when the other cant… They would become heroes right away! In some way its what happened with the Aids medication.

@GT6: you're right to remain optimistic. Its free and good for your health. Keep faith, bro!
Old 6 Jul 2021, 21:30 (Ref:4060220)   #1120
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Worth noting that the vaccine record in the NHS app will say Vaxzevria wherever your dose of AZ was made. It’s only by the batch number that you can tell if it’s Covishield: 4120Z001, 4120Z002, and 4120Z003.

This is the sort of infuriating bureaucracy we’re going to face until everything settles down, which could mean months. Covishield is identical to the product made in the UK / EU and India is among the world’s foremost manufacturers of medicines. Frankly I’m surprised the Indian Govt hasn’t kicked off at the insinuation that their product is sub-standard.
the serum institute of india is the biggest vaccine manufacturer in the world. the entire thing is absolutely laughable, and it’s all generated by the media.

the french don’t care. the media are telling you the french care to make you hate them and feel fear. same way they whipped up resentment over foreign businessmen in very particular use cases skipping confinement when motorsport and elite sportspeople have been doing it all along.
Old 7 Jul 2021, 08:37 (Ref:4060254)   #1121
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
As we all know "bad news sells" and the media have had plenty of it to spout off over the past 18 months.

I'm being positive about being able to attend! Negativity about LM is banned in our house!

btw a friend had a chat with the ticket office about Brits being allowed in to the circuit and they said we just need a proof of double jab printed out to wave at the gate staff. In other words they don't really care but need to be seen to be doing something to appease the authorities....
Old 7 Jul 2021, 08:43 (Ref:4060256)   #1122
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
....you're right to remain optimistic. Its free and good for your health....
Wise Words, for life in general not just for this specific motor-race.

I have been guilty of negative thoughts around worse case scenarios etc purely as it is easier than making plans. I shall endeavour to improve.
Old 7 Jul 2021, 11:07 (Ref:4060278)   #1123
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So the main reason for LM being in its August date (and not a slightly more COVID-comfortable September one) - Fuji WEC - has been cancelled. Who could possibly have seen that one coming...
Old 7 Jul 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4060308)   #1124
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What is coming is probably no good news, like new rules at our borders… We'll know more on Monday next but it really sucks…
Old 8 Jul 2021, 09:43 (Ref:4060383)   #1125
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Well.............. the football Euro is over, and EU can go back to there total lockdown again.