Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 24 Feb 2024, 01:58 (Ref:4198025)   #1951
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just a truck, not period correct wheels....
You are normally so good at taking surreptitious photos, but that guy has clocked you.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 02:53 (Ref:4198027)   #1952
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably cause Joe told him his wheels suck first
Old 24 Feb 2024, 03:09 (Ref:4198029)   #1953
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Probably cause Joe told him his wheels suck first
Yeah, Joe is a monster and quick with the middle finger.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 08:45 (Ref:4198053)   #1954
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We are politely discussing wheels here, which is the correct description of the items in question. So, why do I read and hear elsewhere them called "rims" which are just the parts that maintains the tyres in place on a wheel?
Old 24 Feb 2024, 09:11 (Ref:4198056)   #1955
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We have the same here, Mike. Rim=jante; wheels= rim+tyre. Don't read elsewhere!
Old 24 Feb 2024, 09:56 (Ref:4198060)   #1956
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
We have the same here, Mike. Rim=jante; wheels= rim+tyre. Don't read elsewhere!

Why?

Click image for larger version

Name:	021-2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	79367
Old 24 Feb 2024, 15:16 (Ref:4198093)   #1957
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Spot one! Well done.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 15:29 (Ref:4198095)   #1958
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Well done.
I think you meant 'wheely' well done.... .
Old 24 Feb 2024, 17:25 (Ref:4198103)   #1959
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
We are politely discussing wheels here, which is the correct description of the items in question. So, why do I read and hear elsewhere them called "rims" which are just the parts that maintains the tyres in place on a wheel?
Wheel in the parlance of SALES is any of the versions including steelies, mag, etc. Rims became a thing with a better finish to them and no hub cap needed so a "upgrade" option.

Course now you have these new fake steelies. Yeah, they're "rims" but look like steelies on Broncos, Bronco Sport and some Landies, they're aluminum. Guess you pay extra extra for the aluminium version

Also, the more you call them rims the more dbag you are
Old 24 Feb 2024, 18:50 (Ref:4198112)   #1960
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You are normally so good at taking surreptitious photos, but that guy has clocked you.
I still had my phone up while passing and he clearly saw me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Yeah, Joe is a monster and quick with the middle finger.
Yes I had to drop my phone quickly to flip him off, it got stuck between the seat and the center console and I just got it out today
Old 24 Feb 2024, 18:52 (Ref:4198113)   #1961
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I still had my phone up while passing and he clearly saw me.
Very clearly!
Old 25 Feb 2024, 00:40 (Ref:4198148)   #1962
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Today I saw the bookends on 2-door vehicle length. No drivers were around when I was taking their cars pictures, so I had to flip off the people walking by.

Old 25 Feb 2024, 01:38 (Ref:4198155)   #1963
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Question is how many Jimny fit in the boot? 1.5?

Actually think she shall be called Jimangler with the 45mph was that a Jeep body treatment
Old 25 Feb 2024, 02:50 (Ref:4198156)   #1964
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Wheel and rim are used interchangeably here. As far as I'm aware "rims" comes from hip-hop culture. It's prevalent enough that my old ass says rims occasionally as well even though I know better.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 03:30 (Ref:4198158)   #1965
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
People get angry when others use different words.

Ask an Englishman about people who say gas instead of petrol even though gas makes more sense. Englishmen like to be happy that they know best.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 08:43 (Ref:4198189)   #1966
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
People get angry when others use different words.

Ask an Englishman about people who say gas instead of petrol even though gas makes more sense. Englishmen like to be happy that they know best.

Angry, no; perplexed, possibly!

Gas is not usually a liquid unless it is "converted to one. I strongly suspect that Americans, who are so fond of shortening words whenever possible, have just diminished the word gasoline to just gas. And I believe that Americans even refer to diesel as gas, I think, and that is not petrol either.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 08:46 (Ref:4198190)   #1967
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can make diesel out of natural gas, ask Shell, but you can't make petrol out of natural gas. Rotors are brake discs, mainly because helicopters have rotors.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 13:32 (Ref:4198217)   #1968
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My suitcase is much more relaxed than that. Put it in the trunk? Happy bonnie. Put it in the boot? Happy bunny. Only wife bothers, asking for breathing holes. Never happy she is. Me? Always happy with many poneys under the hood or monkeys under the bonnet. And vice versa!
Old 25 Feb 2024, 15:39 (Ref:4198227)   #1969
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
See!
Old 25 Feb 2024, 19:37 (Ref:4198243)   #1970
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Gas is not usually a liquid unless it is "converted to one. I strongly suspect that Americans, who are so fond of shortening words whenever possible, have just diminished the word gasoline to just gas. And I believe that Americans even refer to diesel as gas, I think, and that is not petrol either.
But what if I only call it gasoline? Does that count? Cause diesel could be petrol cause it's from petroleum

I don't know any one who runs diesel who says gas. Fuel yes, diesel of course but gas? Never heard it before

And I use wings more often than fender/corner panel but rarely boot or bonnet. And tires are often boots, but wheels are never rims unless I'm mocking you for giant wheels and rubber bands. And propulsion is either motor or engine depending on mood or expression, never say blown an engine but blown motor or motor let go yup.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 04:35 (Ref:4198277)   #1971
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

The gas is also the throttle pedal. Natural gas is just gas. I can't get gas at the gas station but I can get propane. Diesel is just diesel unless you need to get gas.

I could start saying petrol and people would know exactly what I'm talking about, but they would also think I'm a pretentious *******.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 08:37 (Ref:4198290)   #1972
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Are your stations always asking for pre-payment? It's the case here, unless you pay directly to the pump with a credit card. They are supposed to be station-services but its easier to buy any sort of alcohol than engine oil and toilets are often said "out of order" (meaning owner and employees only!). Middle Age here.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 13:10 (Ref:4198338)   #1973
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The Total station I used on the way from Rouen to Caen worked just like ours, just some weird language and no tv blasting me with ads.

The Esso on the A11 was a dumpster fire, wouldn't take any of the cards and was just a pain. And you're stuck going in one way and felt like looping over to try another pump or reversing was frowned upon. The next one worked fine though and same credit card and go as here. But I chose to tap and Google pay here now if I can since it uses the single use card number instead of my actual card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The gas is also the throttle pedal. Natural gas is just gas. I can't get gas at the gas station but I can get propane. Diesel is just diesel unless you need to get gas.

I could start saying petrol and people would know exactly what I'm talking about, but they would also think I'm a pretentious *******.
And it's called the gas pedal cause you're feeding it all the onions? Or is that just for a FoD owned vehicle?
Old 26 Feb 2024, 16:03 (Ref:4198361)   #1974
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha, the TV ads in Total stations! Terrible. Really.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 19:13 (Ref:4198386)   #1975
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This picture says Macon, Georgia to me...