Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jul 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3108192)   #26
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Um, I don't think the cars won't stick to the course for too long without having wings... With so much Horsepower and lightweight construction on the tube-frame, it's gonna be a disaster without having downforce.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9NxwxHM5os

Chris
Old 18 Jul 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3108194)   #27
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Very cool... someone uploaded a bunch of mid-90s races!
Old 19 Jul 2012, 01:00 (Ref:3108308)   #28
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I'm digging the drivers lineup. Kendell (on pole of course) Shroeder, Gentilozzi, a youngish Pickett, Mike Lewis.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 02:12 (Ref:3108326)   #29
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm digging the drivers lineup. Kendell (on pole of course) Shroeder, Gentilozzi, a younger Pickett, Mike Lewis.
Fixed for accuracy. Just kidding of course, I love Greg. And you can't forget Ronny Fellows! Trans-Am was in a cool era then. Of course, I've liked all Trans-Am eras until the current lackluster rebirth it is going through now.

Chris
Old 19 Jul 2012, 03:04 (Ref:3108336)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah yes, everytime we talk TA, we bring up the old days.

If only..........................................
Old 19 Jul 2012, 05:53 (Ref:3108379)   #31
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGSJ3...layer_embedded

Why does he keep repeating incoherent words like CHYP CHYP CHYP CHYP CHYP? Talks like he is on an acid trip, although fitting commentary for the current state of the series.

Good god Trans Am is a joke these days, how the mighty have fallen.
My first thought is, why in the world this series with old tube frame cars from 25 years ago keeps coming back to life?

My second thought is what is the chip chip chip chip hee haw?

My third thought is how far in the toilet has American motor sport fallen in 20 years.

I just want to wake up tomorrow in 1992. Thanks.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3108497)   #32
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post

I might have to watch it now just for kicks and grins.
You do that and have fun!

I am not sure which is better, having no coverage at all like in 2009-11 or this horrendous offering that does no good for the already diminishing fame of the series. Seriously, who on earth is supposed to watch this garbage with a straight face? Even if you are able to look past that dominican clown the broadcast wont show you anything concretic about the racing itself anyways, just some random bits and pieces hastily glued together with smelly jam. Laziest highlight package ever
Old 19 Jul 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3108611)   #33
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 minutes into the first highlight show and I don't know if he's trying to announce a motor race or a soccer game
Old 19 Jul 2012, 15:41 (Ref:3108618)   #34
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, I've shouldn't create this thread... It's a shame that Trans-Am is becoming more of a joke now!

Still, I wonder if things would get better if this series is handled by the France family?
Old 19 Jul 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3108620)   #35
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Man, I've shouldn't create this thread... It's a shame that Trans-Am is becoming more of a joke now!

Still, I wonder if things would get better if this series is handled by the France family?
Trans Am was dead for a while.

What happened was so many people still had these cars sitting about that some of the owners got together and formed a series, as well as expanding it to SCCA GT2 and GT3 cars last year. I don't believe they have any serious intent, rather just to have a place to run the cars and by getting together as a group they can go to a variety of great tracks.