Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Nov 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3943240)   #51
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Right John, nothing official before December.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3943246)   #52
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Third week of December sensible ( for PA)
Turn people down and they have Christmas and New Year to get over it!
Old 7 Dec 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3945401)   #53
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We are still waiting to see if the entry due to be driven by Zef/ Mr Bell is accepted?
Could be interesting!
Old 7 Dec 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3945405)   #54
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I guess Mike won't drive a Matra… Simca! Ferrari may be?
Old 7 Dec 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3945419)   #55
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I guess Mike won't drive a Matra… Simca! Ferrari may be?
It’s usually an odd car with those two involved
Long shot to get it accepted!
Old 8 Dec 2019, 07:14 (Ref:3945517)   #56
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Si vous avez choisi la voiture au mérite, il faut quelque chose de fantastique, de fabuleux, d'extraordinaire… And something a little bit weird too but looking great… Rover-BRM?
Old 8 Dec 2019, 12:52 (Ref:3945567)   #57
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
It’s usually an odd car with those two involved
Long shot to get it accepted!
Are you refering to the drivers or the manufacturers?
Old 8 Dec 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3945568)   #58
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What do you think?
My bet for Mike is a Simca! He loooooves those!
Old 8 Dec 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3945591)   #59
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Are you refering to the drivers or the manufacturers?
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Dec 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3945593)   #60
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dont tell me JR… A Blower! The car I mean…
Old 8 Dec 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3945612)   #61
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rover BRM? Seems an odd choice for JR?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Dec 2019, 01:45 (Ref:3945642)   #62
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Rover BRM? Seems an odd choice for JR?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Lol, I must confess the mention of Rover BRM sent me to my friend Mr Google for a pointer to some footage of the Le Mans car.... I saw one that said "Rover BRM.... we drive it" sort of headline, excitedly clicked the link and got a road test of that very car pictured, not the Le Mans racer I was expecting.

I did find some footage of the real thing after though (just added the words 'Le Mans' to my Rover BRM search!).
Old 13 Dec 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3946464)   #63
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I did find some footage of the real thing after though
Things change over the years. Men too. Safety as well…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBzgRT2AIys
I recall the best RSR 3.0 best speed in the Hunaudières was 291 kmh, probably old bloke Claude Ballot-Lena during Q. The difference with the best sport-protos made things quite tricky…
Old 17 Dec 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3947208)   #64
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks to an Eagle-eyed regular at LMC we’ve got an early timetable of some sort

https://www.lemansclassic.com/language/en/timetable/

Interesting that the races don’t start with grid 1, but grid 4.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3947211)   #65
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks to an Eagle-eyed regular at LMC we’ve got an early timetable of some sort

https://www.lemansclassic.com/language/en/timetable/

Interesting that the races don’t start with grid 1, but grid 4.
It's been out a while now ( month or two ) . Interesting if it stays the same. Interested about what the other support races are.

Anyone know when first entry lists are posted?
Old 17 Dec 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3947214)   #66
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Anyone know when first entry lists are posted?
Read back and you’ll know as much as anyone!
Old 17 Dec 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3947215)   #67
MichaelBirch
Rookie

MichaelBirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Elva has 4 races Mike 🤗🤗
Old 17 Dec 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3947216)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBirch View Post
So it does! Mmm, how does that work then......
Old 17 Dec 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3947234)   #69
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So grids 1 to 3 have 3 races and grids 4 to 6 have 4. Interesting.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if it changes.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3947247)   #70
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBirch View Post
Ah the lure of ten tenths . Welcome Michael . I am expecting your young hot shot at my workshop later this week . Nothing new there except he is cycling the 70 odd miles .
Old 17 Dec 2019, 21:04 (Ref:3947254)   #71
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
he is cycling the 70 odd miles .
Not bad going.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 22:51 (Ref:3947262)   #72
MichaelBirch
Rookie

MichaelBirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ah the lure of ten tenths . Welcome Michael . I am expecting your young hot shot at my workshop later this week . Nothing new there except he is cycling the 70 odd miles .
Thank you Ian. You mean the FireStarter! His FJ racing this year was superb, the Dijon race was spectacular as just a spectator.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 03:56 (Ref:3947278)   #73
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Bet his old hot shot can’t do seven miles on a bike!
Old 18 Dec 2019, 06:02 (Ref:3947284)   #74
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
So grids 1 to 3 have 3 races and grids 4 to 6 have 4. Interesting.
No, just plateau 4 has 4 races listed. Obviously whoever was writing the list forgot when to stop......
Old 18 Dec 2019, 15:33 (Ref:3947362)   #75
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Things change over the years. Men too. Safety as well…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBzgRT2AIys
I recall the best RSR 3.0 best speed in the Hunaudières was 291 kmh, probably old bloke Claude Ballot-Lena during Q. The difference with the best sport-protos made things quite tricky…

Were there only porkers in the race that year?