Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2019, 09:18 (Ref:3944468)   #5896
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
“Bauble’s font of new decade optimism”
Delta's Brexit Tea Break.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 09:29 (Ref:3944470)   #5897
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What about "The 2020 Delta Happy Days Tea Break"
Old 3 Dec 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3944471)   #5898
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds good. No offence to bauble but tradition demands this thread title refers to delta!
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3944474)   #5899
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sounds good. No offence to bauble but tradition demands this thread title refers to delta!
I have never sought high office, Mike! I am all for tradition, tho flattered by Andy's suggestion.

For all my fame and reputation I could never surpass our Iain.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0101.jpg  
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3944479)   #5900
Tel 911S
Racer

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Now we're deep into December, it is time for the big Christmas discussion....

What to call next year's "Lighter Side" thread?

At over 2000 posts more than 2018, this one has been epic We need an epic name for a new decade.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Being pedantic , the next decade actually starts in 2021.

But I think it needs the DELTA TEA BREAK in the name so everybody can find it easily
Old 3 Dec 2019, 10:59 (Ref:3944494)   #5901
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, so we got around to this subject again. Been busy this week. Bicester Heritage yesterday and today. Brands tomorrow with Dr Bob Elite. Need to find solution to the misfire.. Flattered you should keep the name Delta going. 2007 was when I joined ten tenths, lying in a hospital in Verviers having broke my back at Spa I have made many special friends and the support and information gained from you all has been brilliant not to mention all the drives I have been offered,Unforgettable so thank you all very much
I still get people coming up to me in paddocks across the world saying "are you delta". Dr Bob for one at Phillip Island which has just been super for me.

Last edited by delta; 3 Dec 2019 at 11:06.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3944496)   #5902
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have never sought high office, Mike! I am all for tradition, tho flattered by Andy's suggestion.

For all my fame and reputation I could never surpass our Iain.
None of us could! That a great picture, and it could only be delta....
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3944510)   #5903
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Brands tomorrow with Dr Bob Elite. Need to find solution to the misfire..
I might fly over and give a few pointers, Brands is close to Gatwick
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3944511)   #5904
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No need. It'll be the coil.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3944514)   #5905
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
No need. It'll be the coil.
I'll bring one in my hand luggage (if I'm allowed)
On a serious note Iain, when does it "misfire"?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Dec 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3944516)   #5906
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dunno when and why it misfires but watching the lap times not a real handicap! May be the E clutch helps, who knows?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3944519)   #5907
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Being pedantic , the next decade actually starts in 2021.

But I think it needs the DELTA TEA BREAK in the name so everybody can find it easily
I wondered how long it would be, I chose my words deliberately...............................
Old 3 Dec 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3944523)   #5908
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We had the car on the rolling road after Silverstone Classic. I thought she was a bit down on power. Good session on the the rolling road and we ended up with good power out of the 1220 Climax 130 bhp. Off we go to Paul Richard but we before we go I fitted an extra fuel tank so we could run the two hours without stopping. The engine gets to around 5500 rpm and just does not want to pull anymore. We both drove around this problem short shifting but sure would be nice to get to the bottom of this before I rebuild the Elite this winter.Its open pit lane tomorrow so we have time to try some different set ups. Yes and I have packed a new coil.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3944532)   #5909
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Points and condenser mandatory in his category if I'm right?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3944537)   #5910
Tel 911S
Racer

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We had the car on the rolling road after Silverstone Classic. I thought she was a bit down on power. Good session on the the rolling road and we ended up with good power out of the 1220 Climax 130 bhp. Off we go to Paul Richard but we before we go I fitted an extra fuel tank so we could run the two hours without stopping. The engine gets to around 5500 rpm and just does not want to pull anymore. We both drove around this problem short shifting but sure would be nice to get to the bottom of this before I rebuild the Elite this winter.Its open pit lane tomorrow so we have time to try some different set ups. Yes and I have packed a new coil.
If not the coil , try twin condensers .
Points spring weakened by heat , [or heel worn ].
Distributor shaft bearings allowing a bit movement can cause missfire at revs

Good luck with it , that sort of problem can be very difficult to find .