Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Nov 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3938487)   #1111
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And roughly 2 laps less per GP too.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 22:19 (Ref:3944637)   #1112
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Two day test, Russel half a day , Latiffi Half a day - one would have thought he needs every KM available. Some Israeli nobody a FULL DAY!!!! The team is carrying on like a second rate 80ís F3 team. So sad to see
Old 4 Dec 2019, 01:47 (Ref:3944650)   #1113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So Two day test, Russel half a day , Latiffi Half a day - one would have thought he needs every KM available. Some Israeli nobody a FULL DAY!!!! The team is carrying on like a second rate 80ís F3 team. So sad to see
Can they learn much from this platform though? It doesn't seem like much should transfer to next season so might as well earn cash letting a rich kid play. I'm guessing an old F1 car or 2 had made it to Latifi to go play.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 07:20 (Ref:3944669)   #1114
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Unfortunately money talks. It would be nice for Latifi to get a bit more mileage, but itís better to get it in the 2020 car
Old 4 Dec 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3944724)   #1115
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Unfortunately money talks. It would be nice for Latifi to get a bit more mileage, but itís better to get it in the 2020 car
money does talk but i doubt the amount heís paying will put a dent in their annual budget

we donít know what their testing programme is either. and nobody knows how much running latifi or nissany have done in the heritage and customer programmes too. this assumption they need someone to rinse the last half second out of the car isnít necessarily a valid one.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3944730)   #1116
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
money does talk but i doubt the amount heís paying will put a dent in their annual budget

we donít know what their testing programme is either. and nobody knows how much running latifi or nissany have done in the heritage and customer programmes too. this assumption they need someone to rinse the last half second out of the car isnít necessarily a valid one.
I strongly feel the extra time factor isn't even on their mind. It's about cash flow and trying to woo a potential sponsor deal rather than the direct cash influx from his time in seat. It's this year's car with next year's tires, they aren't running any early parts for testing I don;t believe so what's the time lost really? And I'm guessing Latifi has run more than a few rounds in the heritage cars.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3944739)   #1117
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Latifi also took part in half a dozen Friday FP1's this year.... as well as laps in pre season testing (Nissany also took part in pre season testing for Williams.)
Junior Member - The Great Bauble's SOF Club. Member #4
Old 4 Dec 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3944767)   #1118
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
i havent looked at any of the timing data for the test and everyone is just using the last name...so i assumed everyone was talking about Chanoch Nissany.

i even went so far to look at Chanoch's wiki page to figure out how old he was and while typing out a response here (something like why would Williams run a 56 year old???) it dawned on me that i must be missing something very obvious!
Old 4 Dec 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3944774)   #1119
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Itís his son Roy I think. Nissany Sr famously drove the Minardi in Friday practice for the 2005 Hungarian GP at the age of 42! Hardly surprising, he didnít start karting till his mid 30s. He infamously got the nickname Stirling Mossad
Old 5 Dec 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3944905)   #1120
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

How much do we think it costs for a day in an F1 car?...
Old 5 Dec 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3945083)   #1121
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
My Company supplied Williams with Loctite during the Mclaren years when they had Loctite as a sponsor.
I spoke many times with Dickie Stanford, the test team boss. He told me then..If you want to become a sponsor of Williams, give us 1 million pounds, non-refundable, and we will "look" at your Company to see if it is worthy to put the name on the car...Wonder how much it is today?

Last edited by djinvicta; 5 Dec 2019 at 22:49. Reason: cannot spell..doh..
Old 6 Dec 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3945138)   #1122
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Judging by the opinions in this thread, about £4.50.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 10:45 (Ref:3945144)   #1123
Aysedasi
Retirement Club Member
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's title sponsor Peter, yes?