Old 17 Sep 2023, 01:40 (Ref:4176966)   #26
Rusty Nail
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
Rusty Nail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Could Toro Rossi be looking at another name change for 2024 - Team ANZAC?
I reckon RIC/LAW would make a great combo for the team and the drivers, but what then happens to TSU? That is the great Red Bull dilemma...

Anyway let's see if Liam can move forwards tonight, or will he get mugged from behind?

I'm picking the former, he's been on an improving trajectory and admits he didn't get the most out of the car in Q3. More race miles tonight should see him increasing his understanding of the car and the tyres.

Go 'Awesome Lawson' - lots of support from Down Under.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 07:04 (Ref:4176998)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Bubbling around where?
The paddock, I would guess.

I don't see much to the Vettel thing. I think it was just an interview after driving the Red Bull at the Nurburgring in which he was pressed on whether he would ever come back and it was a 'never say never' sort of answer. Enough to fuel a hundred speculative articles on clickbait websites, though.
Old 17 Sep 2023, 07:29 (Ref:4177000)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
The paddock, I would guess.

I don't see much to the Vettel thing. I think it was just an interview after driving the Red Bull at the Nurburgring in which he was pressed on whether he would ever come back and it was a 'never say never' sort of answer. Enough to fuel a hundred speculative articles on clickbait websites, though.
Yes that's the trouble nowadays. The 2 second concentration span brigade jump all over any headline borm out of a soundbite.

If Stroll decides he is as serious about his team winning, he would sign an up coming hot shot who can be the future, not another veteran.

On the other hand, if it has really only been a thing just to advance Lance's chances, now that it is crystal clear he ain't ever goimg to win a race, let alone a title, he might as well just sell it!
Old 19 Sep 2023, 01:45 (Ref:4177353)   #29
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Looking more and more n the cards. Hugo Boss would likely want Ricciardo for the marketing and Red Bull want Lawson for the future.
Old 20 Sep 2023, 10:58 (Ref:4177549)   #30
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oscar signs to end of 2026 !
Old 20 Sep 2023, 20:15 (Ref:4177604)   #31
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Vettel thing is more connected with Sauber, for'26. It is Audi, who will be taking over power train supply duties for outgoing Alfa, who wanted him.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 11:26 (Ref:4177662)   #32
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More noise online that its TSU and DR for next year.

I guess its all noise until confirmation
Old 21 Sep 2023, 11:44 (Ref:4177663)   #33
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
The Vettel thing is more connected with Sauber, for'26. It is Audi, who will be taking over power train supply duties for outgoing Alfa, who wanted him.
Alfa didn't do anything but title sponsor, Ferrari was the power unit supply
Old 23 Sep 2023, 01:22 (Ref:4177870)   #34
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Ricc and Yuki confirmed. Liam back to reserve.
Old 23 Sep 2023, 03:55 (Ref:4177877)   #35
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Ricc and Yuki confirmed. Liam back to reserve.
Disappointing and underwhelming.

Got a sneaking suspicion we will see Lawson on the grid in an RB owned car at some point next year though!
Old 23 Sep 2023, 05:26 (Ref:4177882)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Disappointing and underwhelming.

Got a sneaking suspicion we will see Lawson on the grid in an RB owned car at some point next year though!
I said exactly that elsewhere in terms of it being Marko and a large dose of never say never given that involvement.

I was very disappointed to see Liam overlooked. Especially given AT's recent affirmation the team was going to revert to being closer linked to RB with strong hints of AT being the junior development team.
Old 23 Sep 2023, 22:38 (Ref:4177957)   #37
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Disappointed for Lawson. I fancied a Lawson DR combo. However given how Helmut will quickly chop a driver who isnt delivering, and how well Lawson has performed so far, he shouldnt give up hope.
Old 24 Sep 2023, 01:07 (Ref:4177964)   #38
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's more for '25 to keep Lawson around, as when the Honda deal winds down that it will be Tsunoda that's 'odd man out'. Then it is DR and LL, along with Ford. There will be a new RB Academy driver in the 3rd spot.
Old 24 Sep 2023, 08:12 (Ref:4178038)   #39
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I said exactly that elsewhere in terms of it being Marko and a large dose of never say never given that involvement.

I was very disappointed to see Liam overlooked. Especially given AT's recent affirmation the team was going to revert to being closer linked to RB with strong hints of AT being the junior development team.
With the closer link to RB, Mekies said they want Ricciardo for car development and I think they probably have to take Yuki as part of the Honda engine deal. Looking at Perez's continuing poor form at Suzuka, I wouldn't be surprised to see Liam beside Max next year.
Old 24 Sep 2023, 08:23 (Ref:4178042)   #40
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Or Hugo Boss?
Old 24 Sep 2023, 20:22 (Ref:4178190)   #41
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
With the closer link to RB, Mekies said they want Ricciardo for car development and I think they probably have to take Yuki as part of the Honda engine deal. Looking at Perez's continuing poor form at Suzuka, I wouldn't be surprised to see Liam beside Max next year.
More likely DR in RB and LL alongside YT. Thst's only if Checo continues to self destruct and DR does a beyond stellar job on his return.
Old 31 Oct 2023, 03:25 (Ref:4183792)   #42
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you follow any F1 social media, you probably have seen the firestorm of rumors and speculation that Albert Fabrega started...

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...99198227722401

He basically said (translated)... "I don't want to believe the rumor that they have told me now in the paddock. No."

He followed this up later with (translated)... "Good morning CDMX! I'm just going to say one thing about the rumor that I told you yesterday. From the tone of the text it is understood that I would not like it to happen. From here, you can speculate as much as you/we want. And I hope it remains a rumor and not news. End of thread."

He is not going to say what he heard. The speculation is all over the place. With the key being what he might not want to happen.

* Alonso to retire.
* Alonso to RBR (replace Perez).
* Aston Martin sold to Saudi investors.
* Perez to retire (pre-existing rumor).
* Newey to retire or leave to new team.
* Lando to RBR (pre-existing rumor)
* Liberty sells F1.

No doubt there are probably others as well.

Richard
Old 31 Oct 2023, 04:37 (Ref:4183794)   #43
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I really have a v-e-r-y low opinion of flogs like that - who say nothing, get others all het up & don’t do anything other than shout out “look at me”.

Pretty pathetic. Always lots of rumours in an F1 paddock, sometimes those rumours also end up being accurate (ish).
Old 31 Oct 2023, 09:29 (Ref:4183817)   #44
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I know something very important. But I will not tell you what it is, so don't even ask me.
Old 31 Oct 2023, 10:08 (Ref:4183824)   #45
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Ive got a super secret scandalous story regarding the Silverstone Stowe toilets and a driver, but I wont tell anyone.
Old 31 Oct 2023, 14:35 (Ref:4183845)   #46
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Love this meme from Reddit...

Richard
Old 31 Oct 2023, 16:43 (Ref:4183860)   #47
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Love this meme from Reddit...

Richard
Old 31 Oct 2023, 23:41 (Ref:4183886)   #48
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
If you follow any F1 social media, you probably have seen the firestorm of rumors and speculation that Albert Fabrega started...

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...99198227722401

He basically said (translated)... "I don't want to believe the rumor that they have told me now in the paddock. No."

He followed this up later with (translated)... "Good morning CDMX! I'm just going to say one thing about the rumor that I told you yesterday. From the tone of the text it is understood that I would not like it to happen. From here, you can speculate as much as you/we want. And I hope it remains a rumor and not news. End of thread."

He is not going to say what he heard. The speculation is all over the place. With the key being what he might not want to happen.

* Alonso to retire.
* Alonso to RBR (replace Perez).
* Aston Martin sold to Saudi investors.
* Perez to retire (pre-existing rumor).
* Newey to retire or leave to new team.
* Lando to RBR (pre-existing rumor)
* Liberty sells F1.

No doubt there are probably others as well.

Richard
It’s option #2 apparently.No idea if it is true but stay tuned.
Old 1 Nov 2023, 00:32 (Ref:4183889)   #49
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
It’s option #2 apparently.No idea if it is true but stay tuned.
I have to admit I am confused as to your confidence level...

Apparently = Gained some knowledge somewhere or just a guess?
No idea = No idea
Stay Tuned = Wait for confirmation or wait to see what actually is going (if anything) like most everyone else?

I think Alonso to RBR would be interesting from a fan perspective. I mean I really hope it would be true just to see what happens. But frankly I don't know what it would buy for RBR. As much as we love to pick on Perez, he may still lock up second in the championship. Many are ready to believe that Alonso might be ready to retire, so why would RBR take Alonso unless it was something like a one year deal and maybe even then at reduced salary or something similarly creative to sweeten the deal. I have no doubt however that Alonso would do significantly better than Perez. But Alonso might bring his own brand of drama. Be it regular drama (head games, etc.) or Hamilton/Rosburg level on track drama.

Richard
Old 1 Nov 2023, 00:58 (Ref:4183891)   #50
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a chance Alonso would be allowed to race for Team Verstappen. There's no upside for Verstappen. If he dominates him, he's just beating an old man, if he's beaten by him his reputation is irrevokably damaged.

Last edited by thetool; 1 Nov 2023 at 01:06.