Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3879448)   #1226
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I think you living with a French lady is may be not enough to learn what we call "finesses du langage"… Mind you that I'm sharing a lot with a foreigner too! Good example for a Sunday morning. In France we absolutely love "faire des sondages" in other words to do polling. No slang here. But if I had to add that the tool they use for polling is a thermometer and that our politicians have the bad habit to push too hard, this is no slang, but very vulgar even if well "located" in our grammar!
Old 27 Jan 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3879450)   #1227
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
What's slang now? We do have towns named Chatte zip is 38160, Branlette commune de La Croisille sur Brillance, Le Fion, Anus on the C3 commune de Foufounes, La Conne commune de Bergerac, Le Fion, La Trique commune de la Chapelle Largeau! OK, I must admit that "mon cul" alias Montcuq recently became Montcuq-en-Quercy-Blanc. Cant believe Michèle needs a GPS to find… Moncuq! Cheers…
Oh, she knows where they are & what you mean - just very amused!!
Old 27 Jan 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3879451)   #1228
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Please do not blaspheme Will, it is unseemly.
No worry, only a reference to Chris Craft or was it Jesus Pajero now you're asking I wonder………
Old 27 Jan 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3879454)   #1229
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Oh, she knows where they are & what you mean - just very amused!!
Frankly if this BS brought a smile on her very charming "visage" its my pleasure Madame. You can ask what " Rire, ça vaut un bon beefsteak" means…
Old 27 Jan 2019, 10:30 (Ref:3879474)   #1230
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Please do not blaspheme Will, it is unseemly.
Gotcha
Old 27 Jan 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3879479)   #1231
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Gotcha
Thanks!
Old 27 Jan 2019, 10:43 (Ref:3879483)   #1232
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Holy cow, bauble, you're damn right! My host almost went down the wrong way… Yes, I love you too!
Your Gérard Naughty Mohamed
Old 27 Jan 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3879507)   #1233
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Gerard, I’ll agree that 8C is gorgeous......
Old 27 Jan 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3879519)   #1234
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just watching Rolex 24. It's like Castle Combe on a good day.....wet, wet, wet. Alonso is a God - many seconds per lap up on the rest of the field. Zanardi - wow! What a bloke. Braking with a big lever in the centre of the car, while holding the car straight and shifting down with the other. Then accelerating by sliding an extra ring on the steering wheel up towards him. Totally brilliant.
Old 27 Jan 2019, 11:37 (Ref:3879526)   #1235
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Just watching Rolex 24. It's like Castle Combe on a good day.....wet, wet, wet. Alonso is a God - many seconds per lap up on the rest of the field. Zanardi - wow! What a bloke. Braking with a big lever in the centre of the car, while holding the car straight and shifting down with the other. Then accelerating by sliding an extra ring on the steering wheel up towards him. Totally brilliant.
Agree and agree. There an interview with Zanardi on the IMSA website, and it shows how he copes with the driver change. Respect.....
Old 27 Jan 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3879541)   #1236
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes it looks rather different may be the pictures, I can't say. I guess the color is the same as the real Alfetta's or P2's. This time I'm ready to pay to watch closely even if I hate this kind of thing. Cant remember the model of white Ferrari they sold years ago…
Yes midget, Alonso is a good driver…
Why is an Audi allowed to drive with yellow/white headlamps? is it a GT 1,5?
Old 27 Jan 2019, 11:58 (Ref:3879545)   #1237
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I didn't know Howmet made a pick-up……… And someone is learning not to eat a chewing-gum when wearing a full face helmet!
Old 27 Jan 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3879558)   #1238
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I didn't know Howmet made a pick-up………
As observed on the Daytona thread, it’s acually blowing water onto the track. Really not a lot of use when it’s still raining.....
Old 27 Jan 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3879572)   #1239
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
See the young drivers? Few drops of water and they stop. Boring. And the winner is the shavety car!
Old 27 Jan 2019, 12:32 (Ref:3879574)   #1240
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John, we should have sent your new model of inflatable doll over there, the amaaaaazing "inflatable spectator". Safe, weatherproof, convenient. Sponsors will love it!
Old 27 Jan 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3879580)   #1241
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
When the ROAR was going on recently, the commentator was talking to a young pro driver. He’d just flown over from competing in the Dubai race, was participating in the ROAR and then Daytona 24hrs, afterwards he’ll be flying straight to Australia for the Bathurst 12hr next weekend. What a way to earn a living- lucky so and so.....
Old 27 Jan 2019, 12:52 (Ref:3879583)   #1242
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
At least this one had all the right visas allowing him to travel freely!

They are so nice, red flagged and stopped on the track. Good boys. Would it be in France… I can tell you all the cars would be promptly refurbished inside dry garages keeping the mechanics very busy…
Old 27 Jan 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3879605)   #1243
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
They are so nice, red flagged and stopped on the track. Good boys. Would it be in France… I can tell you all the cars would be promptly refurbished inside dry garages keeping the mechanics very busy…
What, you mean ‘parc ferme’ means something different in French?

I was looking at the line of cars wondering the total value....... £$€
Old 27 Jan 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3879609)   #1244
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
What, you mean ‘parc ferme’ means something different in French?
Ha mais bien entendu, mon cher Mike, in French parc ferme means… parc fermé!
I was thinking about marshaling. Here, our marshals have to pay for their licences and can use only old brooms. In the US, they make what they call a BJ, in other words a Blow…ing Job! Unfair your honor!
Old 27 Jan 2019, 14:16 (Ref:3879657)   #1245
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Honestly that restart was like a junior go kart race. "To finish first, first you have to finish"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jan 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3879669)   #1246
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
When the ROAR was going on recently, the commentator was talking to a young pro driver. He’d just flown over from competing in the Dubai race, was participating in the ROAR and then Daytona 24hrs, afterwards he’ll be flying straight to Australia for the Bathurst 12hr next weekend. What a way to earn a living- lucky so and so.....
Hang on Mike he is probably saying that about you . Scooting all over Europe race meet to race meet .
Old 27 Jan 2019, 15:14 (Ref:3879713)   #1247
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hang on Mike he is probably saying that about you . Scooting all over Europe race meet to race meet .
I wonder if whoever it was has got an HGV Licence.....

Anyway, you can talk- on your way to NZ!
Old 27 Jan 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3879880)   #1248
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike I guess you got the info from PA referring the rev' limitation. ATM only V8 Fords are concerned. Your opinion? How did it go last year in UK?
Old 27 Jan 2019, 17:53 (Ref:3879917)   #1249
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
E.B did you enjoy the Jeopardy/Grass track/Dangerous race? They proudly announce flag to flag coverage. Fair enough. What color the flags then…………
Old 27 Jan 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3880027)   #1250
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I guess you're reading or looking for the mail, Mike. Do you think they restrict the Cobras being under pressure of the… TVR owners club?