Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Aug 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3844935)   #501
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It will either be a Red Bull Junior or a Honda driver. Just hope they find someone good enough to do it
Old 20 Aug 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3844959)   #502
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
... or a Honda driver...
Jenson Button!
Old 20 Aug 2018, 13:57 (Ref:3844980)   #503
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
It will either be a Red Bull Junior or a Honda driver. Just hope they find someone good enough to do it
But not one of them qualifies for a superlicence
Old 20 Aug 2018, 14:31 (Ref:3844990)   #504
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
That says more about the absurdity of the system than anything else, but it doesn’t make the problem go away.
Old 20 Aug 2018, 14:41 (Ref:3844992)   #505
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it is a mystery who will be there next season?
Old 20 Aug 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3844994)   #506
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
How many non-F1 drivers currently qualify for a superlicence (or will by 2019)? How big a pool are we dealing with here?
Old 20 Aug 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3845002)   #507
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
How many non-F1 drivers currently qualify for a superlicence (or will by 2019)? How big a pool are we dealing with here?
Is there a document or public list that someone (such as the FIA) provides with this information? The FIA has their driver categorization list (gold, silver, etc.) that they maintain and publish, but I can't find one for superlicense point totals, or even who currently qualifies for a superlicense.

Google did find this...

https://www.racefans.net/2017/01/23/...oring-drivers/

Which looks to be a third party analysis from early 2017.

Richard
Old 20 Aug 2018, 15:50 (Ref:3845014)   #508
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Try this, Richard: https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...icense_points/

If you click on the fuzzy square on the right hand side below the site's banner, it takes you to an Excel spreadsheet of 2018 licence holders as well as other high point achievers.
Old 20 Aug 2018, 20:28 (Ref:3845076)   #509
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
not any more he isn’t

actually he’s a good lad as well. smart in a way that i can imagine goes down well with the red bull folk.
haha, as soon as i posted it i thought 'bet ticktum wins the f3 tonight after i said that'

shoulda waited 12 hours
Old 20 Aug 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3845080)   #510
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Wonder if they might forgive and forget with Kvyat.
Old 20 Aug 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3845081)   #511
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Forgive him for what?

The only things i recall he did wrong was give Vettel a taste of his own medicine!

If they're going to continue welcoming lost souls back, i would put JEV top of the list.
Old 20 Aug 2018, 21:46 (Ref:3845085)   #512
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Try this, Richard: https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...icense_points/

If you click on the fuzzy square on the right hand side below the site's banner, it takes you to an Excel spreadsheet of 2018 licence holders as well as other high point achievers.
Thank you!

Richard
Old 20 Aug 2018, 23:11 (Ref:3845094)   #513
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
But would Kvyat forgive and forget?
Old 20 Aug 2018, 23:14 (Ref:3845095)   #514
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
But would Kvyat forgive and forget?
If he still has ambitions to be an F1 driver. I don’t see any other options for him. Unless his management are ringing round McLaren and Williams.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 08:05 (Ref:3845132)   #515
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For what it's worth there are a few rumours going round that Merhi has been chatting to Toro Rosso about a drive, to be fair i dare say anyone that has enough super license points has been on the phone to them recently haven't they.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 08:23 (Ref:3845137)   #516
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
It could be a surprise opening for someone, certainly, given the state of the driver market.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 11:05 (Ref:3845166)   #517
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZ motorsport media site velocity news is quoting Marko as being keen on Super Formula drivers. Red Bull seem to sponsor half the field (Hirakawa, Fukuzumi, Cassidy).

https://www.velocitynews.co.nz/news.php?id=3465
Old 22 Aug 2018, 21:40 (Ref:3845467)   #518
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't believe for a moment that Kvyat could come back. JEV would be a far better bet right now with his stock pretty high from FE and some great drives in the WEC.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 23:34 (Ref:3845472)   #519
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Kvyat does seem a long shot but then, a year ago, I would never have guessed we’d see Brendon Hartley in Red Bull overalls again. You can never tell.
Old 23 Aug 2018, 06:25 (Ref:3845490)   #520
S griffin
Veteran

It's obvious that RBR felt they would benefit from Gasly's experience this season from the Honda unit
Old 23 Aug 2018, 11:36 (Ref:3845532)   #521
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's obvious that RBR felt they would benefit from Gasly's experience this season from the Honda unit
Walking back to the pits a bit, or supervising the quick change ICU/MGU-K/MGU-H/Turbo/Electronics and any other Honda bits?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Aug 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3845536)   #522
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Walking back to the pits a bit, or supervising the quick change ICU/MGU-K/MGU-H/Turbo/Electronics and any other Honda bits?
He knows which feeling is which part breaking so they don't have to poke around as much?
Old 23 Aug 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3845543)   #523
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Joking aside, how much does experience of a particular power unit count for? Honda should be evolving it pretty constantly anyway.
Old 23 Aug 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3845556)   #524
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I could see their logic for bringing Hartley in this season with his experience managing the hybrid system in the 919 over any of the juniors they could sign since the larder is bare. But in terms of them moving Gasly up to Red Bull for power unit knowledge, that seems a bit of a stretch as STR can and will share any of that info with the mother team. If he was coming from another team, then I would say that info could be helpful but right now I think it's purely he's the fastest option they have so he gets the seat. But he has definitely deserved the chance on merit as well.
Old 23 Aug 2018, 13:29 (Ref:3845560)   #525
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I could see their logic for bringing Hartley in this season with his experience managing the hybrid system in the 919 over any of the juniors they could sign since the larder is bare. But in terms of them moving Gasly up to Red Bull for power unit knowledge, that seems a bit of a stretch as STR can and will share any of that info with the mother team. If he was coming from another team, then I would say that info could be helpful but right now I think it's purely he's the fastest option they have so he gets the seat. But he has definitely deserved the chance on merit as well.
Agree. In short I expect Gasly is at RBR due to his ability (potential for success) and less about his familiarity with the Honda PU.

Richard