Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 15 Feb 2001, 19:44 (Ref:64932)   #51
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I seem to be under orders by a certain webmaster to get some photos of the Clios, so at some point, people are going to have to pose with the cars for some paddock photos I suppose I might be able to get round to taking some photos of the Min as well
What's happening with Silverstone, are people still heading there on Wednesday as well?
Old 15 Feb 2001, 21:30 (Ref:64950)   #52
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will also be armed with camera - not as nice as Carrie's though but I'll be taking piccies all the same.

We *know* it's a just test day, Rick, but we haven't all been trackside for a while now and we entertain ourselves if there isn't much going on the track. Some people go to Alton Towers or the seaside for a day out - we go to race circuits

Sorry, Carrie, I can't make Silverstone now. Way, way, way too much going on at work. I'll have to work late Wednesday to catch up on alot of work that won't get done on Tuesday. It's not the most desirable situation at the moment with so much going on with office moves, system upgrades, limited headcount, holidays and sickness... (yawn!).

Will definitely organise another one when I am sure that I can get the day off.

Old 16 Feb 2001, 00:01 (Ref:64984)   #53
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Well, if it's passenger rides you're looking for - I may be able to swing some at Mallory on the 1st of March if anyone can make it down?

1st of March is a tuesday, and it's the MGOC official test-day, but it's also a track day, so passengers should be allowed, and you don't need a racing licence to drive on the track

Depending on whether I can get a trailer or 2, and if I can get it fixed up on time, I may also bring my MG Maestro 1600 for a little track time
Old 16 Feb 2001, 22:00 (Ref:65131)   #54
Lorna
Veteran

Aw shucks! No way I can get that day off. That's the first day of the new software going live. (And we've got to log calls on it! Help!). I am more than gutted now Chris
Old 16 Feb 2001, 23:46 (Ref:65156)   #55
plomax
Rookie

plomax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Rickster!!!
"I am not known for my patience??????????? Did I push anyone off at the Charity day? I think not."

I think you'd make a good politician, *technically* no you did not "push anyone off". However, I'm still paying the therapy bills for the three traumatised members of my family who had rides with you a Snett! Two of whom hold racing licences themselves! ;-) (don't worry buddy just kidding!!)

Funny thing was that both of us tried to frighten the other and screwed it up big time! ...well that's show offs for you!

... BTW nice one Chris! Look forward to seeing you on track at Donny.
If ever you get a chance, ask Rick about our testing day at Mallory a couple of years ago in our 5 Turbos when we had great fun "frightening the locals"!
Seriously though Chris the best thing you can be doing is to get out on the track and just keep going round and round and round. If you think how many laps you get in on a testing day vs. the laps you do in a race day and the costs for both, you'll quickly see that within a few test days you can get in a season's racing!

Looking forward to being back in the belts and out on the black stuff again. Also looking forward to seeing y'all again!

cheers
Paul
Old 17 Feb 2001, 13:45 (Ref:65230)   #56
Lorna
Veteran

I can honestly say that Paul was very well behaved when he took me round the track. (you could try scaring me next time and try and prove to people that I don't have nerves of steel when on the 'black stuff' )

See ya Tuesday, Paul.
Old 17 Feb 2001, 20:53 (Ref:65276)   #57
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I keep thinking 'I wish I was going' then I think of the weather, the 5 hours of travelling and realise that waiting until Snetterton would be a whole load more sensible.

Have fun.....
Old 18 Feb 2001, 20:26 (Ref:65428)   #58
Lorna
Veteran

As long as my bacon sarnie is ready by 5pm Les

Don't worry - There will be photos flying around and tales to tell afterwards. We will make you think you were there
Old 18 Feb 2001, 20:41 (Ref:65431)   #59
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
THR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
tell me if im wrong
but hasnt the 31st jan been and gone?

cant u start a new thread!?!
Old 18 Feb 2001, 21:29 (Ref:65442)   #60
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear THR,
I think the same. Everytime this thread comes up I think mallory?? Jan 31st?? what the .....

Then I twig it really means Donny Feb 20th.

At this rate this topic will still be going in December.

Have fun on Tuesday one and all - and what's this about bacon sarnies Lorn??? You come down for Snett testing and there will be sarnies galour but at 7pm not 5pm!!
Old 19 Feb 2001, 23:34 (Ref:65639)   #61
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lorna replying on Woody's ID. Snetterton testing? Bacon sarnies? What date was that?
Old 20 Feb 2001, 20:35 (Ref:65760)   #62
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK. For those of you without a time machine, the Donington Test session can be continued here!

Craig, Tim, Les, THR... all those who couldn't make it - You were missed.

(But we still had a great day! )
Old 24 Feb 2001, 21:09 (Ref:66512)   #63
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

This photo was one of the first I took at Donington on Tuesday. As I'd already seen Rick sat in the garage in the V6, I'd assumed that I was photographing Paul out on the track. Now I've got the photos back and that looks like someone wearing a white helmet in the car. Who's driving?
Old 24 Feb 2001, 21:12 (Ref:66515)   #64
Carrie
Veteran

Also, do we know yet who was driving the red Clio or the March?
Old 25 Feb 2001, 10:18 (Ref:66557)   #65
cool_runnings8
Racer

cool_runnings8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carrie, the red Clio was from the Mardi Gras garage. Think it was Stuart Clarke? Nice piccy of the Clio
Old 25 Feb 2001, 12:18 (Ref:66568)   #66
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The red clio was Mardi Gras' car. THeir new driver was onboard, it was not Clarky doing those times!
Good spot on the bloke with the white helmet... he is a potential Fish driver for 2001 and will remain nameless for now...
Rick
Old 25 Feb 2001, 13:13 (Ref:66582)   #67
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Ex-Fiesta driver by any chance ?