Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 May 2008, 06:27 (Ref:2205163)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Official 2008 Le Mans Weather Thread

With June 1st (Test Day) now on the radar of Accuweather's 15 Day Forecast for Le Mans, I reckon it's time to start pondering what the big guy upstairs has in store for us at Le Mans this year.

Earliest indication is that Test Day will be cloudy, dry, and with a high of 22 degrees. (No rain, Ayse! )
Old 18 May 2008, 06:38 (Ref:2205175)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ooohh ..... Ayse's annual weather thread ..... Really want a dry one this year , especially since all that damn rain last year .

A couple of little showers is ok ..... 22 degree's is nice .
Old 18 May 2008, 10:46 (Ref:2205294)   #3
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drip...drip...drip...
Old 18 May 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2205420)   #4
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No more rain please, can't remember drying out at all last year!
Certainly hope it's not as hot as '05 though, never saw the outside temp gauge go below 36 the whole weekend with a high of 42! That's (almost) too hot to drink beer!
Old 18 May 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2205424)   #5
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wet, but not to wet we have to run half the race behind the safety car.
Old 18 May 2008, 19:48 (Ref:2205790)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthe82
No more rain please, can't remember drying out at all last year!
Certainly hope it's not as hot as '05 though, never saw the outside temp gauge go below 36 the whole weekend with a high of 42! That's (almost) too hot to drink beer!
Glad you said "almost" !!! Hung , drawn & quartered if you hadnt !!!
Old 18 May 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2205812)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ooh, I worry about threads like this - don't you guys go tempting fate now, d'you hear?
Old 19 May 2008, 00:39 (Ref:2206043)   #8
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Clearly you Brits should be tired of grey skies and drizzle, do a sun dance okay!

Dry Le Mans is always a better Le Mans... Less accidents!
Old 19 May 2008, 07:00 (Ref:2206153)   #9
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
We only know rain dances over here...

Take the wellies Ayse. You know it makes sense...
Old 19 May 2008, 07:26 (Ref:2206167)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, so, on the banning list so far:-

NightStalk3r and Tim the Grey - for sure

The Badger and minimangler - probably.....

Tim, I haven't taken wellies in 22 years and I'm not about to start now.

I warn you all. Suncream (buckets of it) and hats - otherwise you will fry this year.
Old 19 May 2008, 11:42 (Ref:2206365)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
With June 1st (Test Day) now on the radar of Accuweather's 15 Day Forecast for Le Mans, I reckon it's time to start pondering what the big guy upstairs has in store for us at Le Mans this year.

Earliest indication is that Test Day will be cloudy, dry, and with a high of 22 degrees. (No rain, Ayse! )
I always Ayse was responsible for the weather at Lemans, don't you think the Big guy has enough on his plate what with Burma and the earthquake.

Ayse this year we want warm but not to hot on saturday, cloudy in the evening to keep the heat in and then bright and warm on Sunday.
Old 19 May 2008, 16:26 (Ref:2206584)   #12
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
this year we want warm but not to hot on saturday, cloudy in the evening to keep the heat in and then bright and warm on Sunday.
I'll take that! Took an age to get rid of the bloody trench foot after last years stupid weather, almost made me say I wasnt gonna do it again!

I'm not one given to praying but I'll say something positive for the weather instead!
Old 19 May 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2206590)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, I'll happily take that offer too, GT6.
Old 19 May 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2206667)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Ok then !!!

http://www.mcpasd.k12.wi.us/KMS/weis...nceBigJPEG.jpg

Last edited by The Badger; 19 May 2008 at 18:12.
Old 19 May 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2206669)   #15
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I warn you all. Suncream (buckets of it) and hats - otherwise you will fry this year.
Old 19 May 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2206879)   #16
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Can't ban me, i'm not going

i'll remove you as honorary president, if you aren't careful!
not that it'd be a wise marketing move.

I hope it's sunny for guys, i really do. Honest.
Old 24 May 2008, 09:59 (Ref:2210272)   #17
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, the trend is certainly towards beautiful warm settled weather. I reckon it's going to be a scorcher this year!

Accuweather 15 Day Forecast
Old 24 May 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2210336)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Jus bought this years Gazebo as for the last two years they nevermade it back, so if it rains we will have some where to shelter, but much more likely we will have somewhere shaddy to drink cold beers.
Old 25 May 2008, 02:15 (Ref:2210963)   #19
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Of thirteen years now,it´s been only two years with mentionable rain,of which one was torential(2001) and the other was last year,with to much rain in the end.
All the other years have been bloody hot´nd lovely.
Old 25 May 2008, 23:47 (Ref:2211814)   #20
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Ayse? How can you be president of a racing team named for somewhere they measure rainfall in miles per hour, and then say you don't wear wellies?

Which, let's face it, are not JUST for keeping your feet dry, they aid in holding the sheep still, you know?

You have brought this curse upon yourself. I merely hinted, but you have brought down the wrath of the Llanfair weather gods...

TTG, exiting this thread, stage left.
Old 27 May 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2213000)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
.....but much more likely we will have somewhere shaddy to drink cold beers.
Now that's the spirit!
Old 27 May 2008, 19:26 (Ref:2213360)   #22
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Must admit to watching Metcheck very closely, test day dosent look good but the week leading up to the weekend of the race looks absolutely fantastic!
Old 27 May 2008, 19:48 (Ref:2213387)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well the weather for race week is looking good, as long as there is no rain I will be happy.
Old 27 May 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2213420)   #24
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Well,one half hour shower should spice things up a little. And it gives the cars this nice 'nd battleweary look when crossing the line.
Old 27 May 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2213444)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, I don't want rain - any rain. I saw enough of that last year to last me quite a while.....