Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2467983)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Official 2009 Le Mans Weather Thread

With the first 10Tenthers arriving in La Sarthe in just a couple of weeks for 'The Big One', it must be time for the only thread guaranteed to raise Ayse's blood pressure (as well as his testosterone levels). Yes, it's the annual Le Mans weather thread!

Accuweather

Metcheck

Agate France

La Chaine Meteo

The first 3 links cover the next 15 days, the 4th up to 12 days. Early signs are extremely good, I reckon we're in for a scorcher this year!
Old 24 May 2009, 07:15 (Ref:2467997)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It would appear that it is warm for the week prior to when we all arrive at Le mans but cooling down as we all arrive, lets all hope that it stays dry.
Old 24 May 2009, 07:23 (Ref:2468000)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am hedging my bets and have bought a new umbrella and some expensive PizBuin Once-a-Day suncream.
Old 24 May 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2468018)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
It would appear that it is warm for the week prior to when we all arrive at Le mans but cooling down as we all arrive, lets all hope that it stays dry.
Simon, did you check the Metcheck link? Currently shows a steady rise in temperature towards the weekend, peeking at 34 degrees for the first day of scrutineering. But, it's early days, plenty of time for that to change!
Old 24 May 2009, 08:07 (Ref:2468019)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I am hedging my bets and have bought a new umbrella and some expensive PizBuin Once-a-Day suncream.
A new sun umbrella, presumably..........

Old 24 May 2009, 08:45 (Ref:2468041)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK....

I'm putting up with this with good grace this year....

The theme so far is good.... We've so far had:-

1 x 'scorcher'
1 x 'warm'

and no mention of the R-word.

Let's keep it that way, shall we folks....?

Old 24 May 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2468076)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Simon, did you check the Metcheck link? Currently shows a steady rise in temperature towards the weekend, peeking at 34 degrees for the first day of scrutineering. But, it's early days, plenty of time for that to change!
Sorry james I only looked at the first one, but your right the metcheck is a little different, prefer the rising temperatures but 34 degress is getting a little to warm for me, I reember a few years ago when the temperatures got so hot it was difficult to walk to far without having to stop for a cold beer or two, started to get expensive and we were always looking for shady places to watch the cars.
Old 24 May 2009, 09:47 (Ref:2468089)   #8
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Sorry james I only looked at the first one, but your right the metcheck is a little different, prefer the rising temperatures but 34 degress is getting a little to warm for me, I reember a few years ago when the temperatures got so hot it was difficult to walk to far without having to stop for a cold beer or two, started to get expensive and we were always looking for shady places to watch the cars.
Yep, there comes a point when it's just too hot for comfort. I think 2003 was the last 'scorcher' with adequate shade. Spent most of the Sunday under the trees at Tertre Rouge that year. I think the last 'scorcher' was 2005 (or was it 2006), all those shady retreats had disappeared by then with only the sanctuary of the tribunes for cover (unless you headed for the wooded areas at Mulsanne or somewhere out of view of the track).
Old 24 May 2009, 10:06 (Ref:2468101)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
With so many of the trees now gone there are very few places that you can stand trackside and watch the cars in the shade, I know they are planting more trees but why they don't think about the need for some shade is beyond me, surely it would be easier and cheaper to leave some trees rather than rip them up and then they would not have to replant trees most of which never seem to survive for more than a few years anyway.
Old 24 May 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2468160)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep, there comes a point when it's just too hot for comfort. I think 2003 was the last 'scorcher' with adequate shade. Spent most of the Sunday under the trees at Tertre Rouge that year. I think the last 'scorcher' was 2005 (or was it 2006), all those shady retreats had disappeared by then with only the sanctuary of the tribunes for cover (unless you headed for the wooded areas at Mulsanne or somewhere out of view of the track).
From my memory, 2003 wasn't particularly warm but yes, 2005 was off the scale and was right into the late thirties (it might have touched 40?).

The over hot one was 2000 when I caught heat stroke - not nice.
Old 24 May 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2468211)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
A nice dry weekend around 27 degrees would perfect ..... Im looking forward to a completely dry race this year ..... but sick of rain now .
Old 24 May 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2468233)   #12
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
From my memory, 2003 wasn't particularly warm but yes, 2005 was off the scale and was right into the late thirties (it might have touched 40?).
2003 was definitely a hot one (30+), but you're right about 2005 which was even hotter, and that must have been the last year we had shade on the inside of the approach to Tertre Rouge, not 2003.
Old 24 May 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2468362)   #13
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be nice with a bit of rain on Wed or Thurs PM to dampen the dust down otherwise bring on the sunshine
Old 24 May 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2468379)   #14
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2006 was pretty hot as well. here's hoping for a dry one this year.
Old 24 May 2009, 23:07 (Ref:2468501)   #15
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
think i saw about 5 mins of the 2005 race an spent the rest under the gazebo! Far tooooo hot for me!

I've packed my factor 50 and mac so i'm sorted!
Old 25 May 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2468626)   #16
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
High 20's or v low 30's and plenty of sunshine would be perfect for us, we've been there when it's been tooo hot to touch the metal rails around the circuit, and everyone just wilts and gets stressed a lot! But please, absolutuely no rain this year!

I know weather forecasts farther out then the next 30 minutes are extremely unreliable, but it's looking good so far!
Old 25 May 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2468654)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
think i saw about 5 mins of the 2005 race an spent the rest under the gazebo! Far tooooo hot for me!

I've packed my factor 50 and mac so i'm sorted!

What on earth do you want to bring a computer with you for?

Old 25 May 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2468670)   #18
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
OK....

I'm putting up with this with good grace this year....

The theme so far is good.... We've so far had:-

1 x 'scorcher'
1 x 'warm'

and no mention of the R-word.

Let's keep it that way, shall we folks....?

R-word?

Radiance, refulgence.....?
Old 25 May 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2468675)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now don't get too clever or I'll whack you around the ears with my redundant parapluie.............
Old 25 May 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2468724)   #20
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ha ha hilarious, Not the computer sort!

Though might be useful for the journey down, something to do when its not my turn to drive (or hes got fed up with me driving on the wrong side of the road)
Old 25 May 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2468755)   #21
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Now don't get too clever or I'll whack you around the ears with my redundant parapluie.............

The sun is sure to.....reign....for long periods this year.
Old 25 May 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2468855)   #22
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
ha ha hilarious, Not the computer sort!

Though might be useful for the journey down, something to do when its not my turn to drive (or hes got fed up with me driving on the wrong side of the road)
Which team are you driving for?
Old 25 May 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2468892)   #23
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
The weather... it snow joke!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 25 May 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2468897)   #24
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Which team are you driving for?
Ha, none can barely drive my own car!
Old 25 May 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2468948)   #25
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We've had a very unstable weather for several days above La Loire... But pressures are higher now.