Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 May 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2696471)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Official 2010 Le Mans Weather Thread

Yep, it's that time of year again. And, as Le Mans week comes into range, the current predicted forecast for those attending Sunday scrutineering is one of bright sunshine in a cloudless sky with a high of 26 degrees (Accuweather). Perfect!

I reckon we're in for a scorcher this year!

Accuweather

Metcheck

Agate France

La Chaine Meteo

As per last year's thread, the first 3 links cover the next 15 days, the 4th up to 12 days.

Now, nobody wind up Ayse this year.........please!!!
Old 23 May 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2696575)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if the weather at todays GP is repeated sun tan cream will be required
Old 23 May 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2696589)   #3
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well if the weather at todays GP is repeated sun tan cream will be required
Please god! (if there is such a thing as a weather god!)
Old 23 May 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2696598)   #4
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I so much wish sunny warm weather for the Big Race
Old 23 May 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2696602)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course, the fact is that James has taken a huge risk posting this thread and he was no doubt counting upon my goodwill - bearing in mind I'm his passenger this year! But he saved himself in the end by predicting a scorcher - a weekend like the one we've just had down South in the UK would do very nicely - even better without the gardening.......
Old 23 May 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2696719)   #6
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
we're due some scorching hot weather this year aren't we?
Old 23 May 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2696723)   #7
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I reckon we'll get it this year - sun Ayse - like in 2005. That was warm! I remember there being some talk of a drop or two of r*** last year, but it never happened, and it was pretty hot too. But I predict this will be a hot one.
Mike.
Old 23 May 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2696770)   #8
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursty View Post
I remember there being some talk of a drop or two of r*** last year, but it never happened,
There was more than a drop or two at scrutineering last year.......but, Ayse is attending scrutineering this year, so I'm anticipating glorious sunshine!
Old 23 May 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2696804)   #9
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Most of the entrails consulted would appear to auger a warm one this time round, but having experienced the knackering effects of a 28 degree weekend in the UK - compounded with a late one watching Laguna Seca last night I can't help thinking that perhaps a little less scorchio might not be the worst thing...

Ducking for cover even as I type...
Old 23 May 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2696813)   #10
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Most of the entrails consulted would appear to auger a warm one this time round, but having experienced the knackering effects of a 28 degree weekend in the UK - compounded with a late one watching Laguna Seca last night I can't help thinking that perhaps a little less scorchio might not be the worst thing...

Ducking for cover even as I type...
so long as its not as bad as 2007!
Old 23 May 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2696823)   #11
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
so long as its not as bad as 2007!
Agreed - the experience of having to do pretty much a complete change of clothes in Expo parking after the end of the race so I could drive back to Mons in something approaching dry is not something I'm in a hurry to repeat!
Old 24 May 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2696933)   #12
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursty View Post
I remember there being some talk of a drop or two of r*** last year, but it never happened, and it was pretty hot too. But I predict this will be a hot one.
Mike.
Never happened? By the end of the Wednesday night (I had arrived on the Sunday) my arms and shoulders were already shattered from the effort of wheeling my chair across the VERY soft grass and mud after three days of continuous rain and thunder storms. And this was the THIRD year on the trot that I have suffered this way (it takes me approximately a week after the event to recover from the body's exhaustion).

BUT this year is going to be a lovely warm DRY year .................... or else!!!!!!!!!
Old 24 May 2010, 07:47 (Ref:2696954)   #13
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
If the weather will be like the last two days over here in Holland then wow we will all be looking for shades!
Old 24 May 2010, 09:37 (Ref:2697010)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If I was honest with myself then perhaps the idea weather would be dry all day with a small shower during the night to keep the dust down The sun shinning bright in the morning and evening with perhaps some cloud at midday to give some relief, temperatures around the high twenties/low thirties.

Any one else
Old 24 May 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2697061)   #15
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
If I was honest with myself then perhaps the idea weather would be dry all day with a small shower during the night to keep the dust down The sun shinning bright in the morning and evening with perhaps some cloud at midday to give some relief, temperatures around the high twenties/low thirties.

Any one else
Knock the temperatures back by five degrees, please; but no rain overnight Sunday/Monday: I prefer to take down a dry tent.

Please arrange!
Old 24 May 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2697072)   #16
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
When it's hot at Le Mans, it's very hot. And when it's wet, it's very wet. I guess the preference is to burn rather than drown, but sitting just below the Dunlop Bridge for 3 hours waiting for the start under a blazing sun can be a bit much (and lead to some fine lobster specimens wandering round).

So a bit of the wet stuff the week before to allow tent pegs in (lump hammer and 12" nails to be packed again though) and keep the dust down. Then warm and sunny for the week with just a few clouds for relief on Saturday afternoon. A warm but not muggy Saturday night, a lovely clear dawn and glorious Sunday. It' really not too much to ask is it!?
Old 24 May 2010, 11:45 (Ref:2697092)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Knock the temperatures back by five degrees, please; but no rain overnight Sunday/Monday: I prefer to take down a dry tent.

Please arrange!
I am not thinking about full scale downpour and tents dry very quickly if the sun is out at 4.00am in the morning. But OK perhaps we could have the showers on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the wee hours after the drink has made sleeping easier.
Old 24 May 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2697098)   #18
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
When it's hot at Le Mans, it's very hot. And when it's wet, it's very wet. I guess the preference is to burn rather than drown, but sitting just below the Dunlop Bridge for 3 hours waiting for the start under a blazing sun can be a bit much (and lead to some fine lobster specimens wandering round).

So a bit of the wet stuff the week before to allow tent pegs in (lump hammer and 12" nails to be packed again though) and keep the dust down. Then warm and sunny for the week with just a few clouds for relief on Saturday afternoon. A warm but not muggy Saturday night, a lovely clear dawn and glorious Sunday. It' really not too much to ask is it!?

Don't want much do you!
Old 24 May 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2697099)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post

If it is that sunny then we will as usual be waiting around the campsite at tertre rouge under the shade listening to RLM and rehydrating, with ten minutes to the start we will walk the few yards out of the campsite and see the cars emerge from the dunlop bridge. Got burnt before waiting for hours in the sun for the start prefer to relax and arrive just before the cars, never had any trouble seeing the cars from the Banks outside the campsite.
Old 24 May 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2697107)   #20
endurancesportscar
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rugby
endurancesportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
we're due some scorching hot weather this year aren't we?
Hi all... new here... we've looked into the Race weekend... as well as the build up week and the word we have is that its going to be hot... with the likely hood of a thunderstorm mid week

Going to be a great race!
Old 24 May 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2697126)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by endurancesportscar View Post
Hi all... new here... we've looked into the Race weekend... as well as the build up week and the word we have is that its going to be hot... with the likely hood of a thunderstorm mid week

Thunderstorms mid week?

No please not those again, we must not speak of anything like that ever again.
Old 24 May 2010, 14:46 (Ref:2697223)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I have just been informed that the temperature at Le mans today has reached 37c, that sounds a little to hot for my liking.
Old 24 May 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2697237)   #23
endurancesportscar
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rugby
endurancesportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have just been informed that the temperature at Le mans today has reached 37c, that sounds a little to hot for my liking.
Yep, hot hot hot... just like in '05 when it was mad hot! Thunderstorms would be during the night - from the info we've seen...

But race day will be sticky hot... so loads of people sticking there heads under the luke warm taps outside the new toilet blocks I reckon...

At least when you have a nap at Tertre Rouge it won't be freezing...
Old 24 May 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2697272)   #24
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
That's fine for you, but just remember us poor marshals who can't just walk away to a cool place when we feel like it!!!!

So mid 20's will do for me, like we had in '03/04/06!!!!!! And a sensible 16 at night.
Old 24 May 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2697286)   #25
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by endurancesportscar View Post

Definitely going to be a great race!!!
With good news like that you are very welcome to TT's.