Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 May 2011, 08:38 (Ref:2886997)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink The Official 2011 Le Mans Weather Thread

Time for Ayse's favourite pre Le Mans thread - you know the rules........

Usual links below, but feel free to post further links to add to the baffling diversity of opinion offered by the professionals:

Accuweather

Metcheck

Agate France

La Chaine Meteo

Seems crystal clear to me that we're in for an absolute scorcher this year!

(Note to self: must remember to pack my umbrella to supplement the cover offered by my sun hat........you can't be too careful! )
Old 28 May 2011, 08:41 (Ref:2887001)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't mind a scorcher, Spa was unusually hot and that swung the pendulum towards Peugeot in terms of pace compared to the chilly LM test day.
Old 28 May 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2887018)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I wouldnt mind getting a real wet one this year (as Im not going) get all that bad weather cleared out for 2012 .....

Bring on the RAIN I say !!!
Old 28 May 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2887019)   #4
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Accuweather

Metcheck

Agate France

La Chaine Meteo

Seems crystal clear to me that we're in for an absolute scorcher this year!
Hope you're right, but the Accuweather predicts rain on friday the 10th. (the latest of their predicted days for today May 28th). This one predicts some little rain during the build-up week and 3.4 mm on sunday evening.
http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...it.aspx?sday=7
But as we are two weeks away, the predictions are a little unthrustworhty. I'll wait another week for choosing between packing my sunscreen or umbrella! (Probably will end up packing both!)
Old 28 May 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2887028)   #5
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Come on guys, we are in for some scorching hoy weathet this year aren't we?
Last few years we have seen enough of rain, bring on the sun!
Old 28 May 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2887029)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I wouldnt mind getting a real wet one this year (as Im not going) get all that bad weather cleared out for 2012 .....

Old 28 May 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2887035)   #7
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It hasn't ****ed for a while here, near La Loire. Just a little yesterday. This year, sometimes it's stormy, many cumulus, but no ****.
Old 28 May 2011, 11:19 (Ref:2887058)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

that is not being very nice, perhaps the rain could stay in Austria, you will be indoors watching the race so it will not be to bad for you.

We have had more than enough rain in the last couple of years
Old 28 May 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2887077)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Calm down calm down lad ..... Im only messin with Ayse ..... and Im well aware of the last few years rain , I was camped out in it too .
Old 28 May 2011, 23:50 (Ref:2887299)   #10
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
For all that the cascades of rain on Friday night last year were unwelcome (apart fro fostering some blitz spirit amongst neighbours) I don't think I'm in a hurry for a scorcher. I struggled a bit with the hot sun in 2009 and in some ways Spa was almost too hot too. Temperature in the early 20s with a bit of wind would work fine for me.
Old 29 May 2011, 07:30 (Ref:2887345)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice and warm with a bit of breeze - that's perfect for me. I just don't want that nasty wet precipitation........
Old 29 May 2011, 07:30 (Ref:2887346)   #12
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
THREAD ALERT - Ayse, DO NOT click on the Accuweather link this morning!
Old 29 May 2011, 08:08 (Ref:2887360)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You knew that I'd have to, didn't you........

Don't believe it. It'll either come early or arrive late.......It's done that so many times.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Old 29 May 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2887363)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Don't believe any of those fake weather sites, trust in the old ways, sea weed, fir cones and entrails all point to

WARM and DRY
Old 29 May 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2887384)   #15
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see that we will have a very, very,... how to say... a very tactical race.
Old 29 May 2011, 12:32 (Ref:2887430)   #16
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ou est mon parapluie?
Old 29 May 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2887457)   #17
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We must remember that those weather predictions isn't really reliable until a few days before .
So cross your fingers Ayse.
Old 29 May 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2887484)   #18
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
We must remember that those weather predictions isn't really reliable until a few days before .
I've seen the weatherpredictions change from rain to sunny and now back to rain again. One more change and it's OK!
Old 29 May 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2887553)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm still confident. I seem to recall last year or the year before the weathermen predicted virtually non-stop rain all week and it never happened. Keep the faith people!
Old 29 May 2011, 15:54 (Ref:2887575)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

New name for that ..... lets call it ACO weather ..... It suits itself , and changes like the wind !!!
Old 29 May 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2887585)   #21
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And makes this thread useless
Old 29 May 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2887586)   #22
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the end of next week weather predictions should be more trusty
Old 29 May 2011, 16:27 (Ref:2887592)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
And makes this thread useless

Never mind, James only starts it to wind me up!
Old 29 May 2011, 18:47 (Ref:2887673)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes it is always a good one to start a little disagrement, but my prediction is the same as ayse warm and dry
Old 29 May 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2887781)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

Yeah ..... I want a scorcher ..... 24 running in high temp could throw up some real surprises .