Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jul 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3751843)   #1
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Chef International Camp 2018 vol. V

Welcome to the 5th edition of the International tentenths camp.
Like I have done the last 4 years it is my mission to bring together the motorsport fans of the world to let them experience the real Le Mans atmosphere in the campsites. I hope that 2018 also will be a great mix of old and new friends. So if you are alone or you are a small group of friends who is looking for a great way to see your first or 28th Le Mans you are welcome to be a part of our camp.
We are not a partycamp, but we do enjoy a beer and a good talk.

The arrangement includes:

1 tent in the camp available from Wednesday morning – Sunday
1 Entrance ticket for the whole weekend
Breakfast in camp Wednesday – Sunday (continental)

The price will be 300 euro for the first person in a tent.
If you are 2 persons sharing a tent the second person will be 270 euro.

As this is a trip arranged by fans for fans there will not be staff in the camp, so it is a trip where you get the full Le Mans road trip experience. We help each other in camp with all the practical stuff and share our knowledge about the race and all that is happening around it.
I have been going to Le Mans for 13 years, and have made a camp for friends and their friends for the last 10 years. The camp varies from 8 – 35 people.

As I already have a few bookings, don’t leave the decision to late. I have a max of 16 tenths to sell, as I want to keep the camp no bigger than 30 persons.

If you are interested and have any questions please ask.
If you want book a tent or want more info please send me an E-mail on: kenn.korsager@bestseller.com
Old 16 Jul 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3751914)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Dropped in my confirmation.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 18:29 (Ref:3751952)   #3
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Still working on the wife. Please don't sell the last spot without letting me have a crack at it. Trust me, I want to be there!
Old 17 Jul 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3752247)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I'm a given, ain't I? .
Are we doing it in the MX-5 + a Van in 2018?
Old 18 Jul 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3752313)   #5
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I just hope we get a more shaded area of Houx next year.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 13:11 (Ref:3752399)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Well I'm a given, ain't I? .
Are we doing it in the MX-5 + a Van in 2018?
Well you won't get much in an mx5 for certain, (slightly more than i got in the mr2)
Old 18 Jul 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3752463)   #7
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just sent you an email, planning for next year begins now!
Old 19 Jul 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3752823)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well you won't get much in an mx5 for certain, (slightly more than i got in the mr2)
Simon, that's the reason why I added the "+ van" .

I'm actually more concerned about doing 1200km in a car that is designed for people around 1m80cm when I'm 1m92cm
Old 19 Jul 2017, 17:16 (Ref:3752837)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Simon, that's the reason why I added the "+ van" .

I'm actually more concerned about doing 1200km in a car that is designed for people around 1m80cm when I'm 1m92cm
i solved that problem by using a shoe lace to tie my cap to the headrest, never lost a hat, however if the car rolls it will not give much protection, trust me on that. Understand that sort of distance is hard in any car, but more fun in an open two seat car if the weather is good. However this years return to le mans in a w12 audi limo was very comfortable but boring, once i had pressed all the buttons and tried out all the massage settings i like the wind in my hair. But then again it got me home without an all expenses stay in Alencon hospital.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 13:39 (Ref:3755079)   #10
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Can you keep a place for me again in 2018, please Kenn?
Old 19 Oct 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3775051)   #11
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Tertre Rouge didn't happen for me this year, so I'm back on Houx. Not too shabby either, I think! I'm on row 29, can one of you recent Houx regulars say if this map is still accurate, or point me in the direction where I can find row 29 on this map? Last year you guys were on 62, so close to 29 (on this map, not sure if that also was the case in real life)
Thanks in advance,
Vince

Old 19 Oct 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3775105)   #12
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Tertre Rouge didn't happen for me this year, so I'm back on Houx. Not too shabby either, I think! I'm on row 29, can one of you recent Houx regulars say if this map is still accurate, or point me in the direction where I can find row 29 on this map? Last year you guys were on 62, so close to 29 (on this map, not sure if that also was the case in real life)
Thanks in advance,
Vince

According to the map, we were on 963-966 and 974-977. But I can't remember what the tickets said.
Old 19 Oct 2017, 22:01 (Ref:3775109)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I've read in part IV of the International Camp that you were on row 62. So row 62 in 2017 is the same as row 56 on my map. Row 62 on my map is somewhere completely different.

So the question remains: where is row 29?
Old 20 Oct 2017, 12:35 (Ref:3775227)   #14
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
https://thumbsnap.com/uQryipKc

To answer my own question, in a thread from last year about Houx on Pistonheads I've found a small part of the new map. Not the complete thing, but enough to see roughly how the numbering works.
Row 47 on the new map is the same as row 47 on the old one.
Row 48 on the new map is row 46 on the old one.
Row 46 on the new map is row 45 on the old one.
Row 45 on the new map is row 44 on the old one.
Row 29 on the new map is row 28 on the old one.

So my whereabouts are now pretty much determined, but if anyone could source the complete map, I'd still be very grateful!!
Old 27 Mar 2018, 18:36 (Ref:3811312)   #15
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
dropped an email Kenn

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Jun 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3832306)   #16
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
The 5th edition of the international camp is over.
It was a small but fine group this year with only regulars so an easy year for me.

This means that i already is able to say: Edition 6 will be happening in 2019!

Hope to see you all again, new or old to the camp.
Look out for the invite here on 10/10ths.

Kenn
Old 21 Jun 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3832309)   #17
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for everything this year Kenn, had a fantastic time!

Plan to be there next year at the international camp
Old 21 Jun 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3832324)   #18
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks for this year's edition Kenn.
Book me a place for next year please.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 15:17 (Ref:3832343)   #19
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I’ll be there as well. Will be my 8th time!
Old 21 Jun 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3832409)   #20
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I will be watching for developments with interest.I have watched the race on television for most of the last twenty years with commentary from Radio Le Mans.I have even managed to visit the museum at the circuit when passing close ( not that close ) en route to a holiday and I just had to divert.The icing on the cake was continuing the journey by driving down the Mulsanne Straight.

At some point I just have to experience the race and unless next year's field is really sparse in the categories I follow-LMP1 and LMP2-it could be time to immerse myself.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 20:46 (Ref:3832411)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is time...... You know it is..........
Old 22 Jun 2018, 07:21 (Ref:3832443)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I will be watching for developments with interest.I have watched the race on television for most of the last twenty years with commentary from Radio Le Mans.I have even managed to visit the museum at the circuit when passing close ( not that close ) en route to a holiday and I just had to divert.The icing on the cake was continuing the journey by driving down the Mulsanne Straight.

At some point I just have to experience the race and unless next year's field is really sparse in the categories I follow-LMP1 and LMP2-it could be time to immerse myself.
You need to do it, all the fun of a festival and a motor race too